Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Kuro-sama: Tragedy of Light and Dark ❯ Convergence ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Here's another story. This will be on the backburner until I get done with some other works but I'll update it here and there with the chapters that I've posted. Please feel free to review and if it's popular then I'll update it faster.

Please keep in mind that this is an old story that was written in 5/24/07

Info. Junk

Title: Kuro-sama: Tragedy of Light and Dark

By: Melissa Norvell

Rating: T

Pairings: Shounen-ai and Hetero

Warnings: SLASH- Boy X Boy and hetero for those who don't like it, violence, language, nudity, gore, suicide, mass death

Summary: SLASH. A chance meeting throws Hiromi into a battle of ninja to obtain a fierce sword that corrupts its owner. Is this sword truly worth the loss of his love, or will he himself fall victim to it?

XxXxXx

Kuro-sama: Tragedy of Light and Dark

Chapter 1: Convergence

By: Melissa Norvell

The sound of fast movement echoed through the treetops of a thickly wooded area. Two male ninja and one female were present. They all jumped from branch to branch until they landed on a thick, base branch and stood there. One of the male ninja leaned up against the tree trunk. He had long, shaggy hair and wore a large, dome hat. He was of lanky frame, seeming malnourished and unkempt in appearance. His features were long and he wore a haori, high water pants with a mesh shirt and many sashes with zori sandals. The other male stood with his arms crossed. He looked like a typical ninja warrior and had long, black hair that was pulled back into a bun with slanted, evil eyes with small pupils. He dressed in red ceremonial clothes and had a muscular build. The female ninja possessed light blue hair that had been pulled back into a bun with a beaded hair tie. She had solid-colored eyes that matched her sky blue hair and dressed in Chinese clothes that consisted of a dim blue with golden trim, a red sash and navy blue, poofy pants, wrappings and flat sandals.

"Did you find it?" The Chinese-clad man asked his comrades.

"No," the unkempt one replied in the negative.

"Not even a sight of it," the female ninja expounded on their failure.

"Perhaps we should look around town. He's rumored to live somewhere in this vicinity," the black-haired man informed his team mates.

"Right, so let's get to the town's outskirts," the lanky man replied as the three of them swiftly darted through the branches once more and disappeared from sight.

"I can't wait to get my hands on that blade," the Chinese-clad man said with excitement laced in his voice as they all neared the outskirts. The group landed on the grass of a tall cliff that overlooked the small and simple market square below where several tents and stands were set up. Many customers walked around in search of mundane items as the square bustled with life.

"Do you see anyone similar to him, Yuuya?" The black-haired ninja asked as the female of the group leapt into a large tree nearby to get a better look at the village.

"Not in the slightest," Yuuya squatted down and looked at the two men from her current position. "If he's rumored to live here, wouldn't we have seen him by now?"

"Are you sure we've got the right directions on this place?" The unkempt ninja asked. "Maybe he's in some other village," he was beginning to doubt that the one they had been searching for existed in such a small town. Perhaps he heard from other sources that they were after him and fled. Anything was possible.

"No, this is the one, Ushigoro. I'm certain of that. Hm?" The Chinese-clad man was caught off guard by an odd-looking boy who walked through the square. He had shoulder-length, very thick black hair that was layered and large golden eyes that were so vibrant that they gave the illusion of a glow. He was dressed simply enough in a simple white button up shirt that hugged his slender form and tight leather pants with shiny black dress shoes. He was short but very thin, but not so much as to be called sickly. He was quite healthy with cream white skin and lively expression that conveyed a touch of sorrow but not enough that was evident enough to cause question.

"It's him."

"That's him? He doesn't look like much," Ushigoro blinked at the boy before him. Was this really the one they'd been searching for all of this time? It was sort of a letdown. Ushigoro was under the impression that he'd be a little more regal than this.

"Are you sure he's a descendant of the one who wielded the Toshimingo Blade?" Yuuya was even a little unsure of all of this herself.

"So, are we going to get him?" The unkempt ninja questioned.

"Let's wait until he gets completely alone," the black-haired one's keen dark eyes watched the boy's movements below them carefully. He studied his every motion to the most critical standard to make sure that he wouldn't get out of their sights.

Down below, their victim held an apple and smiled at the clerk at the stand. "Thank you very much," the young man told them as he took a few steps away, then he heard a familiar voice and glanced behind him to see a brown-haired boy a few steps away. He looked over his shoulder and closed his eyes with a smile.

"Oh, hello there, Pipi-chan," his voice was smooth and calm.

"My name is Kusapipi but hey Hiromi-kun," the boy walked up to him with a childish grin and smiled back at his friend. "What are you doing here?"

"I just thought I'd buy an apple today. I've been craving them lately and the ones in the market square are always so fresh," Hiromi turned completely around to face his friend. "I saw these a couple of days ago and they looked so good. I just had to buy one." It was true, Hiromi had passed the stand many times before he even wanted to buy something from it and he had always stared at such beautiful, picturesque produce. It looked so good that he could no longer help himself.

"It's pretty boring here. I'm just walking around, trying to find something to do," Kusapipi told him of his predicament as he put a hand behind his head and sighed. It had been rather mundane that day and he really had nothing to do but walk around the market area, which got pretty tedious after he had passed the same stand at least three times. The boy had actually thought of giving up before Hiromi appeared.

"It is peaceful around here, isn't it?" Hiromi asked.

"Yeah, there aren't even any thieves around to make things interesting," his friend sighed. He almost wished something bad would happen just for a little excitement.

"You always look for trouble, Kusapipi."

"Eh, I just wish I had some excitement, I'm dying of boredom here," Kusapipi exasperated. After that sentence escaped his mouth, as if on cue, they were surrounded by three blurs. Hiromi's eyes widened in shock at the sudden development, something was definitely wrong. Kusapipi turned his back to Hiromi and glanced around at the drably clad ninja that surrounded them. He had wished that he never said anything about thieves.

"What's going on?" The brown-haired boy's voice was partially afraid and partially false bravery as he looked around at the people surrounding him.

"What's going on?" Hiromi asked calmly despite his situation.

"I have no clue, but I have the sinking feeling that we'll find out soon," Kusapipi said with dread laced in his voice.

"Who are you?" The older male took a step forward. Obviously they wanted something with him and the only way to settle it would be to ask them directly and hope that it was all a mistake, even though Hiromi had a feeling that it wasn't.

"I don't really think you want to know, kid," the Chinese-clad man spoke in a baritone voice. "Now, hand over that Toshimingo Blade."

"The what?" Hiromi was confused. The what? What did they mean? What was the Toshimingo Blade? He had no such sword and didn't know why they targeted him for it. He was just a normal boy. He didn't even know why they would even begin to think that someone like him possessed such a weapon.

"Don't play stupid, like you don't know," the man demanded. There was no way that they had the wrong person. Even if he looked unlikely by normal eyes, that guise wasn't fooling him.

"I really don't know what you're talking about," Hiromi replied innocently.

"He doesn't give up, does he?" Yuuya knew that Ushigoro and her other team mate were going to stay until they got the information that they sought. They had traveled extended distances and they would get something out of this incident even if it was as simple as taking a life.

"I really don't know what you're talking about," the black-haired boy continued to defend himself calmly. He wanted to be left alone. "I don't even know who you are."

"Well, wouldn't that make it all the better for us?" A crooked smile crossed Ushigoro's face.

"Maybe it's a front," Yuuya was suspicious. Something didn't seem right according to her gut feeling on the situation.

"Never underestimate the looks of your enemy," the Chinese-clad man educated. Even though Hiromi was acting innocent, it could just be that- an act. At times like these, when the enemy was so calm and collected, it would be tough to decipher what was truth and what was a lie.

"Hiromi, what are they talking about?" Kusapipi questioned his friend as he looked to him with fear in his eyes. There were so many things that he wished to know. Who were these people, and why would they accuse him of having some strange sword?

"I don't know. I think they have us mistaken for someone else," Hiromi replied. That was his story, and he was sticking to it.

"You can't play that with us. One of you is a descendant of the original wieldier of the Toshimingo Blade," the sky-blue haired girl retorted. It had to be true! They didn't come all this way for nothing. One of them was it and she knew it!

"So one of you should talk," their leader crossed his red-clad arms over his broad chest and gazed at the two boys with the expectation of an answer.

"We really don't know what you're talking about," Kuropipi tried to reason but they would have none of it.

"We don't know anything about a sword," Hiromi backed him up.

"Let's take care of them," Ushigoro was tired of dealing with their games and wanted to either get an answer or shed some blood. If neither one of them knew, he couldn't let them live. His weapons were just anticipating the blood splattering against their metallic surface so why not just get it over with and find the real successor?

"We're going to ask you one more time- where's the blade?" Yuuya was annoyed with their constant avoidance of the subject.

"We honestly don't know what you're talking about. I think you have us mistaken for someone else," the boy tried to reason with the stubborn ninja. By this point, he knew that the group wasn't going to back down. There was no way around it. A fight was about the break out whether he liked it, or wanted it for that matter.

"We're just pedestrians walking around town," Hiromi established.

"I'll take care of him," the Chinese-clad man pulled out a long sword and charged at the two of them. Kusapipi, followed his protective instincts, and jumped in front of Hiromi and held his arms out to either side and created a human shield against the ninja who threatened him. He could not let anyone hurt Hiromi. He told him to run and looked brave as he faced off with the red-clad man who inched closer with every fast paced step.

"But Kusapipi-"He was cut off by his friend's argument.

"I'll take care of this."

"You were always my best friend," Hiromi frowned in guilt as he looked at his friend for the final time and took off running.

"Don't run," Yuuya jumped into the air and pulled out what looked like a long, yellow ribbon and snapped it in front of the boy. Hiromi looked back to see where the female ninja was but when he looked forward, he came face to face with her and stared into light blue, pupiless eyes. "Just where are you going?" She asked as a scream of terror and anguish could be heard from a short distance away.

The golden-eyed boy sharply turned to see Kusapipi with a sword through his chest. Blood flooded on to the soft dirt below and stained it a dark crimson as the smile on their leader's face only grew with sadism. “The dead don't speak," his deep voice said with sick amusement as the boy's body went crashing to the ground in a crumpled heap. Hiromi called out his friend's name in dismay as the boy looked at him with a small smile.

"At least…my secrets of keeping the blade…will rest with me…" He said lowly as the boy kneeled beside of him with a worried took on his face as his friend slowly faded with his secrets buried within. It was a bittersweet ending in many different ways.

"What? I don't understand. Did you know where the sword really was, Kusapipi?" Hiromi asked. His friend had been playing it safe and he really was withholding information from the ninja in order to keep his secret. The Toshimingo Blade must have been a sword that was truly worth something great. He risked his life to keep it hidden.

"My real name isn't Kusapipi…its Hideki Hirosagawa. My real family was care takers of the Toshimingo Blade…these ninja seek out its power…Hiromi-kun…run…" The weak boy admitted as a sword pierced his chest and ripped his life from his body completely.

"Your lips are now sealed for eternity," the Chinese-clad man smirked darkly as the boy died under his cruel blow.

"So this wasn't just a misunderstanding?" Hiromi kneeled at his friend's corpse.

"That's right, kid. This kid's family has been caring for the blade. It was a family heirloom that's been passed down from generation to generation."

"The blade has great power and it isn't just coveted by us…There are many others who desire its power as well," Yuuya explained.

"We knew what we were doing. There was never a misunderstanding," Ushigoro informed as Hiromi stared into the dead eyes of his fallen friend in perplexion.

'I never knew…I didn't even know that his real name was Hideki…' He thought as many emotions plagued his mind. Loss, grief, an odd sense of peace and even a little disguised fear and an odd sense of bravery for continuing to stay even after someone had been killed.

"Since you're Hideki's friend, you can tell us where the blade is," the unkempt ninja smiled a demented smile and looked down at him from underneath his large hat.

"I really didn't know. I didn't even know what you were talking about," Hiromi looked up at Ushigoro.

"You're his friend," the shaggy ninja pressed.

"Yes but I had no idea of what the Toshimingo Blade even was."

"You've got to be kidding. That sword is legendary. How can you have not known what it was or anything about it?" Yuuya asked in disbelief. She had actually run across someone who hadn't heard of the blade. It seemed almost ludicrous that he didn't know a single thing about the sword.

He was actually oblivious.

"That's easy. He's lying," their leader chimed in.

"Don't think you can just go and play dumb with us. Look what it got your friend," Ushigoro motioned towards Hideki's dead body with his sword.

Golden eyes examined his friend's corpse. "But I'm not," Hiromi articulated. Guilty by association wasn't something that he felt like he should be. He didn't want to be condemned for knowing a person and just because he knew the person didn't mean that he knew his secrets as well.

"Do you want to die?" Yuuya threatened. They meant business and they were going to acquire that blade in one way or another.

"Not particularly," Hiromi replied simply and serenely through the confusion and revelation that rung through his mind.

"Then tell us about the sword," their leader pointed his own blade to the boy, who stood up and brushed himself off.

"I don't know anything about it," his answer was still the same, no matter how many times he was asked.

"But you're that guy's friend," Yuuya reminded him again.

"Does it matter?" Hiromi didn't see what the big deal was about being Hideki's friend. Just because he was his friend doesn't mean that he knew anything about the Toshimingo Blade. Only now did he just figure out that his true name was not Kusapipi.

"Of course it matters. We wouldn't say it if it didn't," Ushigoro was beginning to get fed up with this run around. Every time the questioned him with the same information, his answers didn't waiver.

"But I really don't know anything about the Toshimingo Blade." It was the same exact answer that he gave a few minutes ago.

"You've got to!" Yuuya was growing furious that this was getting nowhere. "It makes no sense that you don't! Isn't that right, Vibeku?"

"No need to be testy. I'm simply telling you the truth."

"Okay, this is pissing me off," Vibeku rushed at Hiromi with his sword drawn. Golden eyes widened and Hiromi's body froze. The man before him put off a power that was far greater than anything he had ever witnessed. Suddenly, blood sprayed through the air as Vibeku was paused before him with a look of absolute horror on his face.

Hiromi's eyes widened a little more as he realized what had happened. Before him was a regal and beautiful man with an odd hairstyle and extravagant ninja attire that consisted of netting, many sashes and ropes and many decorative weapons. He wore a decorative chest plate of gold and jewels that hung around his neck. The man wore a short, sleeved net shirt with nothing underneath of it. His finely muscled body shown through it with all of its powerful glory and he wore many large and small sashes with dangling ropes and feathers attached with poofy white pants with leg wrappings and sandals.

His skin was tanned a deep caramel and his eyes a crystal blue. They were sharp, cat-like and slender. This male's hair was spiky and of the purest white with one long, flowing ponytail. The man wore many rings and earrings in both ears. He looked over his shoulder at the black-attired boy before him and a moment of silence was shared between the two as they simply gazed at each other and Yuuya and Ushigoro stared in horror at what happened to their leader.

'Who the hell is that guy?!' The sky-haired woman thought to herself in disbelief. Whoever he was, he was a definite threat to their mission and maybe even competition for the legendary Toshimingo Blade.

'It's him.' Ushigoro's eyes widened in recognition of the young man before him.

Hiromi ran to his dead friend's side. "Kusapipi…I mean, Hideki…" A look of sorrow washed over his features as he heard Ushigoro tell Yuuya that they should get out of there. In an instant, the two ninja jumped away on the tops of the stands and disappeared out of sight.

"Hm…" A crystal blue eye looked to the depressed Hiromi, who had been hugging the dead boy and uttering phrases of apology over and over in grief.

"You should be," the unfamiliar baritone voice told him coldly.

"Huh?" The survivor stared up to see the regal man glaring him down with cold, unmoving eyes.

"You're pretty pathetic, kid. You couldn't even save your friend. You had to let him throw himself in the way to save your lousy life," the majestic ninja berated him.

"I couldn't save him in time. Before I knew it, he threw himself in my way," Hiromi explained. It wasn't his fault. He knew that it just wasn't.

"Such foolish selflessness. That crap really gets on my nerves," the tanned ninja spouted and clenched his fist in anger.

"Then why did you save me?" If he thought that Hideki was so stupid, then why did he spare him? What was this guy's problem, anyway?

"I didn't. I managed to accomplish my goal," the elaborate one swung his decorative sword over his shoulder. "This has nothing to do with saving you."

"Huh?" Hiromi blinked in confusion. He was perplexed by everything that happened so far. The Toshimingo Blade and everything that related to it- Hideki's death and the three ninja…and now this man before him that looked like he was of great importance. It was a true conundrum.

"I'm not about to let them get a hold of that blade, so killing one of them makes it easier," he looked down at Vibeku's corpse that laid on the ground covered in blood with a gaping hole in his chest. "Gets rid of my competition."

"So, you're after the Toshimingo Blade as well?" Hiromi hoped to get some answers from this man at least.

"Yes," The ninja confirmed.

"So, you were going to kill Hideki too?"

"I could care less about your so called friend. I don't care how I get the information that I seek, I just want the sword and as long as I get my hands on it, nothing else matters," Hiromi was silent as he took in what the man before him had to say. "Lives wasted will be well worth the gain…Now; you should take care of your trash." The spiky-haired man gestured to Hideki, then walked off casually and left Hiromi there without a word more.

XxXx

In a forest, far away from the vicinity of the town, Ushigoro and Yuuya perched in a tree as they pondered the events that happened earlier that day.

"Maybe the kid didn't know where the sword was, Ushigoro," Yuuya looked to the bony looking man beside of her as his chocolate brown hair shifted in the gentle breeze.

"It would seem that way, wouldn't it?" Even by now, Ushigoro had gotten the idea that Hiromi really had nothing to do with the situation.

"There goes our source," the blue-haired woman sighed in exasperation. They had killed off the one person they had a lead on who knew anything about the blade. It had not been a good day for either of them and running into that white-clad ninja wasn't something that they were happy about either.

"It's not as if he'd have told us anyway."

"Are there any other sources you know of?" She asked.

"Well we have to wait…we can't let Kurosagari follow us like this. We've got to ditch him before we can go to our other source," Ushigoro replied. As long as they didn't have the regal ninja following them, they could get a better lead on the sword.

"So you do have another source?"

"Yes, I know where the boy's father is. We'll lay low for a while until things die down, and then we'll be off to find him."

XxXx

Tears clung to the boy's golden eyes as he was hit with a powerful wave of sorrow. Crystalline tears flowed down his face as he wept for his friend. 'Who?' A flashback of the white ninja ran through his mind as if the events were happening before his eyes. 'Who was he?' Another short recollection of the regal man stabbing Vibeku flashed in his mind as if someone had taken a picture of the event for documentation. 'I never told him thank you…I should find him and tell him how I feel…That face…and the way he rushed in was so magnificent…so regal and he was so beautiful…his hair was the purest shade of white…and those eyes…as blue as the summer's sky at the beach. Come to think of it…He was kind of cute…' Hiromi blushed to himself as he closed his eyes and smiled to himself. 'Even I thought that he might kill me too…I was scared, but yet I'm intrigued…I must find this man and thank him for what he's done.'

To Be Continued…