Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Kuro-sama: Tragedy of Light and Dark ❯ A Short Reunion ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXx

Kuro-sama: Tragedy of Light and Dark

By: Melissa Norvell

Chapter 2: A Short Reunion

XxXxXx

Hiromi glanced at the flowers at one of the stands in the market square. He saw some small white lilies and really liked the way that they looked so he decided to purchase them. Then he walked down the partially crowded street and looked down at his small bouquet in deep thought.

"These will be for Hideki's grave marker. The peaceful white will offset that dismal grey," the black-haired boy looked around the square. "I wonder if I'll get to see that ninja again…Come to think of it, I don't even know his name."

After he spoke to himself he noticed a girl with long, lime-green hair hanging around three men by one of the carts of fruit. The three of them looked as if they were being extremely romantic.

He could faintly hear them talking.

"Oh Hirofumi, you're such a kidder!" The girl giggled and turned to the side. He could clearly see her now. She was tall for a girl and her long, straight hair was also the same color as her eyes. She looked like a very bright girl and had long, dark lashes with painted red lips. She kissed the guy that he assumed was Hirofumi.

Hiromi paid them no mind as he walked away. The subject of love was never a good one for him. He had no love in his life and was really a lonely person. He had wanted someone to love but the right person had not come into his life. Love would be out of the question now anyway, considering the fact that no matter how hard he tried, he could not get the ninja's face out of his mind.

It was almost like an obsession of his.

Hiromi began to look around the stands at the various objects and foods that were being sold. Mixed smells flooded his senses as he walked around from cart to cart. He soon came to a cart which sold hand-crafted knives. One of the blades flashed in the sunlight so he stopped to examine it. He held it in his hand as the metal glistened in the sunlight. He slowly ran his finger over it and a slight trickle of blood leaked on to the blade.

"It's very sharp," he stated the obvious. His voice nearly sounded trance-like as he could focus on nothing more than the blade, "enough to cut even the toughest hide…Definitely a great buy. Too bad I don't have the money-" The boy was soon deterred from his thoughts by the sharp and scolding voice of a woman.

"Well, it really doesn't matter what you think about it!" He heard her yell in a bitter tone as he snapped his head over towards the source of the altercation.

It was the girl he had seen earlier.

It wasn't just her.

It was also the ninja he had seen earlier as well. They were arguing beside of one of the carts in Hiromi's line of sight.

He stood where he was and continued to listen to their argument.

"I can't believe that you'd act like this to me! Why? Why do you do these things to me!?" The spiky-haired man yelled back viciously.

"Because you don't deserve my kindness. You're annoying," the girl replied coldly.

"I just want to love you-!" The ninja received a harsh smack across the face before he could even finish his sentence. His head flew to the side and his cheek glowed a bright red.

"Hmpf!" The girl stuck her nose in the air, crossed her arms and walked off in a huff. Hiromi wondered what they had been fighting about and tried to deduct what had happened.

'That girl…She's the one I saw earlier.' He thought as a flash of her kissing the guy she'd been around earlier ran through his head. ''So that means that she's…' golden eyes looked to the solemn man a few feet away. 'That guy is…'

The white-haired ninja looked down and was silent. He stood there and didn't dare move.

"It hurts…Doesn't it?" Hiromi asked.

The ninja looked at him with widened eyes and immediately after he realized who it was, his face hardened up. He had his pride after all. He would not let Hiromi see him in such a state.

"Oh, it's you…" the spiky-haired ninja didn't seem too happy to see Hiromi at a time like this.

"Why did she hit you like that?" Hiromi asked innocently enough.

"She's my girlfriend. Eh-?" The ninja looked a little confused when the boy reached up and gently stroked his cheek with his hand.

"Wasn't she hanging on another man?" The golden-eyed boy asked and leveled him with a sympathetic look.

"Yes…" the other male's gaze headed towards the ground once more.

"Then she had no right to hit you."

"Butt out, okay? Just because I saved you doesn't mean that you can go poking your nose into my business," the white-haired man said defensively.

"What's your name by the way?" Hiromi didn't want to lose an opportunity like he did before. This time, he wanted to know the name of the man who had saved him.

"Zenkyoukushou Kurosagari…What about you?" The ninja asked.

"Nanda Hiromi," the black-haired boy smiled. He was happy that the other man even wanted to know his name. "Thank you for saving me. I'm glad that you did, even if you didn't care."

"I never cared about your life, kid," Kurosagari remarked coldly.

"Oh well," Hiromi didn't seem to care and part of him knew that Kurosagari was just being a hard-ass. It was something quirky about the other man that interested him in small ways.

"What do you mean, 'oh well'? Most people would get offended at that," the white-haired ninja almost seemed irritated that he didn't have a normal reaction to his insult.

"Why would I? I'm alive," Hiromi made a point. It really didn't matter if the other man cared, he was just happy that Kurosagari was kind enough to save him that fateful day and for that, he himself was happy as well. Kurosagari cared about him to some extent or he would not have saved him to begin with.

On some distant level, he was thinking about him.

"That's not the point," Kurosagari argued. "It is the principle of the fact-"

"Principals aren't always judged, you know," Hiromi cut him off.

"Whatever…" the ninja ceased to argue with him. That is, until the black-haired boy decided to speak again.

"Don't be mad, Kuro-kun," Hiromi teased.

"What did you call me?" The spiky-haired man seethed.

"Kuro-kun!" The other male beamed as he put his hands together and smiled.

"Don't call me that," Kurosagari grumbled.

"Alright, Kuro-wanko."

"Not that either!!" The ninja fumed.

"It's just a name, Kuro-kun, nothing to get mad about," Hiromi waved in dismissal, as if his anger at the subject didn't bother him at all.

"You're getting on my damned nerves," Kurosagari grumbled.

"Your nerves are damned…That's interesting," Hiromi smiled. "I guess that's why I can see so many veins popping out of your forehead."

The ninja fumed in anger and at the rate it was raising, more and more nerves began to pop from his forehead.

"That's bad for your health, you know," the boy teased in a lighthearted voice.

"Shut up!!" Kurosagari yelled at the top of his lungs, causing various people to turn their heads towards his direction as he stomped off angrily.

"Aw…poor Kuro-kun…"

"Would you stop it?!" Hiromi could hear the far-off voice of the other man as he turned around and began to walk back into town. He was happy that he had learned the name of his hero. Now he could properly thank him.

He didn't know why but he was happy that he'd gotten to speak with the other male, even though he was in such a foul mood around him and didn't seem to care in the slightest way. Hiromi was just happy to find out the man's name. Each little step was one of victory for him.

As he made his way down the street, he saw a familiar figure running towards him. It was a unisex person in a purple suit with a faint blue button up shirt underneath it and a hairstyle that looked like an 80's woman's hairdo. It was poofed up and wispy and bright red in coloration. The figure had the face of a woman. They wore purple eye shadow and a maroon-colored lipstick.

"Hey, Hiromi!" The figure, whose voice sounded like a young male shouted as it neared him. He stopped and let out a small noise of confusion as the figure neared him.

"Hey, how's it going?" The drag-queen asked as he ran up to his friend.

"Well, I've had better days but I'm fine really. What about you, Haruaki?" Hiromi smiled up at the other male.

"Headed over to the club. Want to come with me?" Haruaki asked and the black-haired boy agreed.

The two walked down the street, headed off towards the club a few blocks down.

XxXxXx

As the two walked inside of the small building, many lights of different colors flashed and the loud techno music blared as people crowded the dance floor. They drank, danced and talked to one another. People littered the small round tables and lined the wooden bar.

"Hey, looks like a party!" Haruaki was fired up and ready to dance the night away. "Let's dance!" He gave Hiromi a sly, seductive look as he grabbed his hand and led him to the dance floor. The young man didn't even have time to give him an answer. He simply let out a noise of surprise as he was tugged along.

After a few moments of standing there awkwardly, the two began to dance. Hiromi had felt weird about dancing with Haruaki at first but then he soon relaxed and simply enjoyed the music and flashing lights. If there was one thing that he loved to do- it was dance.

"It's been a while since we've done this!" Haruaki said as loud as he could to make sure the blaring music didn't drown out his voice.

"Yes, it's fun…" Hiromi spun around to do a small dance move. Upon spinning around, he caught a glimpse of a familiar man with white, spiky hair and those same elaborate clothes sitting at the bar. "Hm?" He questioned a blinked a few times to make sure it was him. He stopped dead in his tracks when he had noticed Kurosagari and he took a little time to see what he was doing.

The ninja sat at the bar with a depressed look on his face and held half a glass of liquor with about three empty glasses sitting around him. It was more than apparent that his fight with that girl dejected him.

"Kuro-kun…" The golden-eyed boy's voice held sympathy to it as he made his way over to the drunken man and took a seat beside of him. "What's wrong?"

"It's you again…What are you doing here?" He had seen him in his darkest moment again. Kurosagari wasn't pleased at this.

"You were so sad; I couldn't help but notice you among all of the happy people in here," Hiromi looked concerned.

Kurosagari was silent. In fact, he really wished that the kid would go away so that he could drink away his pains.

"You want to talk?" Hiromi asked after a moment of silence.

"No."

"She treats you badly…and you don't even do anything but try to love her…" the golden-eyed boy felt that he should talk out his problems, so he helped the conversation along.

Kurosagari remained silent. He didn't want to talk about scars both old and new.

"It's kind of sad. She really doesn't know how to treat you."

"Huh?" The ninja glanced over to the black-haired boy. What was he getting at anyway?

"I mean, anyone could treat you better than her. If I went out with you, I'd definitely treat you better," Hiromi replied. At that moment in time, he wasn't quite sure of why he said it or where it had even come from but he wasn't about to take it back, even if it was a mistake. For some reason, he couldn't stand to see the other man so sad. It pained him.

Kurosagari was caught off-guard for a few moments and looked shocked. He didn't know what to say to such a thing and had never been hit on by another guy before. Then, his aggravation took over and his face changed back into the infamous angered one.

"You're so gay!" He fumed and pointed at the other male.

Haruaki watched the two from his position on the dance floor and wondered what they were talking about.

"Me?" Hiromi pointed to himself in question. He'd never had an interest in men. In fact, he was still confused as to why he said what he had said in the first place.

"Who else would I be pointing to?" Kurosagari asked.

"I really don't know if I am or not…I mean, no women have ever liked me…Not that I thought about going out with a guy or anything," Hiromi looked up in thought.

"No women have ever liked you? You've got to be kidding," Hiromi was very good-looking, so the ninja was astonished that he didn't seem to attract the opposite sex.

"No."

"As pretty as you are, no women have ever even given you a compliment?" Kurosagari asked.

"Nope," Hiromi smiled, though it was a little sadly.

"You are gay," the ninja replied.

"Could be," the black-haired boy replied with a playful smile.

As predicted, Kurosagari's anger was sparked and he began his fit of yelling and fuming at the golden-eyed boy. "Do you like to piss me off!?"

"Maybe," Hiromi smiled in response.

"Why do you like pissing me off? What, do you get some sort of rise out of me? Are you some kind of weirdo?" The ninja continued to gripe.

"I like making you mad," the boy admitted. "I think you look cute that way."

"What!?" The other male shouted as his face turned a beet red. He then power stomped out of the room as quickly as he could. Hiromi kept smiling at him. For some reason, the angry male made him feel happy, nearly to the point of laughing.

"Who was that guy?" He was then cut from his own little world by Haruaki, who stood a few steps behind him with a puzzled expression etched on his face.

"Someone who saved me in the village a couple of days ago," the boy half-turned in his bar stool to look at his friend.

"So that's the mystery man that you've been speaking of?" The drag queen questioned with a painted nail held up to his dark lips in question.

"Yes, isn't he interesting?"

"I really don't know what you see in that guy," the red-haired feminine man sighed as he cast a cynical glance towards the retreating male. He really didn't see what was so positive about this temper-infected ninja. If anything, the guy was just bad news for his little Hiromi.

"I don't know but I can't help but feel like I should pay attention to him. I see something in him but I don't know what or in what way," Hiromi explained.

"He's a Grade A jerk," Haruaki tried to reason. He had seen the way that the spiky-haired bastard had treated his friend and he didn't approve of it at all. Hiromi was better than the likes of him- far better.

"He's just sad," the boy defended his hero; his gaze was still set towards the direction that the said man had insulted. His eyes glimmered in the flashing lights. They held a look of profound reflection in them and seemed remote in deliberation.

"Sad? Didn't look like it to me…Drunk maybe but not sad," Haruaki shot sarcastically.

"You didn't see what I did," Hiromi looked at the empty glasses beside of him where Kurosagari had once sat.

"What are you? In love with him?" The drag queen accused.

"I don't know…" The boy had never really thought about considering that option until he had been questioned on his sexuality by Kurosagari and then Haruaki.

"Didn't you just call him cute?" The red-haired man had heard most of their conversation.

"I did."

"You're confusing me."

"I'm confusing myself…I know I should have these feelings…Especially when he has a girlfriend but I keep thinking of how magnificent he is. I don't know why he stays with that girl," Hiromi looked down as a distressed expression crossed his face. He felt bad for the ninja's predicament.

"What girl?" Haruaki didn't even know that the ninja had a girlfriend.

"There's a girl he's going out with and she's bad to him."

"Bad to him? It seems like it would be the other way around," the feminine man knew he had a huge temper so whose could be worse? He seemed like the abusive type to him and it seemed like it took everything in him to keep from hitting Hiromi.

"Like I said before…You haven't seen what I have," Hiromi defended his hero. Haruaki had no right to judge him like that, especially when he hardly knew the guy.

"He's arrogant and he gets angry at the simplest things," the judgmental man replied.

"Haruaki-kun, you're one to talk about being arrogant. You can be at times," Hiromi decided to point out the other man's flaws casually.

"I'm not like him. Do you even know anything about him?" Haruaki knew all of the rumors about that man and above anything; he knew that Kurosagari was bad for him. This was his way of warning the young man before he got himself in trouble.

"Hm?" Hiromi glanced back at him and rested his chin on his hand.

"He has a bad reputation. He's a rouge ninja."

"So?" That didn't bother him at all for some reason.

Haruaki sighed in defeat. "There's no use trying to convince you. You'll like the bastard no matter what," the red-haired man fumed lowly. He did NOT want Hiromi to fall in love that man. He hoped that this was simply a phase.

"He deserves a chance. Besides…I don't think he's so bad," he didn't know why but he was going to stand by Kurosagari no matter what.

"You're nuts."

"Probably," Hiromi smiled.

"You don't love him…do you?" Haruaki wanted him to say that he didn't. He hoped the prayed that he would tell him that he didn't love this jerk.

"I don't know how I feel. As I have said before, I feel something for him, I just don't know what," the boy said honestly.

"Well, if you're going to get into a relationship with a guy, make sure he treats you good and knows what you want, like me," Haruaki hinted.

"Huh?" Hiromi lifted his head up from his hand. What did he mean by that? Did Haruaki…like him in that way?

To Be Continued…