Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Eleven, Chapter Forty-Two: Sour Times ( Chapter 42 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Boris-

It's not done. Where did he go? I clicked my tongue.

“What do you mean he got away?” I asked. I frowned as I rubbed my forehead. I had a feeling this would happen, but still…

“Did you get the others?” I asked. “Good. Good.” I sighed.

“Keep looking then. Hm? Oh, the wedding was good. I'm about to go into the reception. Sure, I'll save you some cake.” I hung up. The couple were having their pictures taken.

---------

Who is really the one pulling the strings? Who wants the new boss dead the most? I have my suspicions. But yet, I want to be certain. Most of the rats were dead. They weren't hard to track down. Some of them had gotten so predictable. Still, there was their leader.

He could be at the reception already.

I walked into the activity center. We booked the whole building for the day. The guards stood outside the double doors. I walked up to them.

“Anything?” I asked.

“No sir,” one of the guards said. My face dropped.

“Keep your eyes open,” I said.

“Yes sir,” the guards said. I walked into the building.

Everyone sat at the table. The bride and groom sat at the head. They didn't look at each other. They want to get out of here. Come on, you guys. You can hold on a little bit longer.

Meanwhile, I sit down near the exit. Japanese and Russian dishes. Heh. Who would have thought? I looked around. He could be here. What if he sent assassins now? I had my gun ready.

They just need to make the first move. Just can't trust anyone these days.

We just need to keep the bride and groom in the dark for now. We have a few more hours until the reception is over.

I clicked my tongue and frowned. You can't trust anyone these days. Nope. Can't trust them.

Sour Times