Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Eleven, Chapter Forty-Three: Burns ( Chapter 43 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Boris was right about one thing. The leader was already in the reception hall. They went unnoticed. He had a trap. Weddings needed a staff to tend the food, music, security, etc., etc., etc. Easy to hide an assassin.

People went in and out of the kitchen. She straightened her tie. Only three chefs with her. She was the waitress. She and six other people were serving food. She had to wait for the signal.

Where was the poison? How were the couple set to die?

Valentina wanted to leave. How long was this again? Mikhael put on a brave face. Everything looked fine. They did the ceremony. They stood for pictures. Now for the dinner and a dance. Both wouldn't talk to each other. They did the ceremony. They stood for pictures. Now for the dinner and a dance. Both wouldn't talk to each other. They didn't even look at each other. Just survive this for a few hours. She's doing this for her dad's memory. He's doing this for his mom.

Meanwhile, the leader is in the crowd. He must know what's going on outside. She hadn't been in contact with the others in quite some time. Her post was at the activity center. The boss, her boss, was at the courthouse. He sent her a text. The plan was still on.

Her phone pinged in her pocket. She looked around the hall. One quick peek.

Kill the current.

She got the message. She adjusted her ponytail and marched down the hall. She had the bottle under her vest. She counted down the steps.

Bump!

She crashed backward into the wall.

“Oh! I'm sorry,” a man's voice said. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah, yeah,” she said. She opened her eyes and looked up. Boris held out his hand. The girl stared at him. The right-hand man smirked at her.

“Hello, Olga,” he said. Her eyes widened. Boris drew out his muzzled gun.

Bang!

She slid down to the floor. Another one dead. It's not good enough. They still don't have the head. Boris clicked his tongue. Probably should've kept her alive to find out who was pulling the strings. Short-sighted on his part.

However, her phone buzzed. Oh yeah. How could he forget? Boris reached into her pocket and pulled out the phone. One look and… Bingo! Now they had a lead. Boris made his way back to the dining hall. Just in time for the newlyweds to cut the cake.

They were still none the wiser.

Burns