Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Vessel ❯ No Way Out ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

No Way Out

-Reily-

“Are you alright?” I think I have seen him from somewhere before. He's in my class. He stared up at me and blinked. He mumbled something.

“Uh… hey, are you okay?” I asked. I held up my fingers.

“How many fingers am I holding up?” I asked. He struggled to look.

“Three?” he said. He tried to sit up.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Easy there,” I said. He looked like he would faint. He was so pale and sweaty.

“Do you need to see a doctor?” I asked. He turned his head. I felt around for my phone in my pocket.

“I'm calling an ambulance,” I said.

“Don't!” he shouted. I froze with the phone in hand.

“No?” I asked. His eyes widened. I lowered my phone.

“What's your name?” I asked.

“Quinn.”

“Nice to meet you. I am Reily.” I still had my phone. Quinn tried to get up.

“Easy there!” I said. He waved me off.

“Quinn? Quinn?” I reached out to his shoulder.

“Don't touch me!” He staggered to his feet.

“Quinn?” I asked.

“Stay away from me!” he shouted. I was left sitting alone in the parking lot. I should have called 911.

--------

-Quinn-

I have to stay away from her. I don't want to kill her. I don't know why I am drawn to her. I walked back home. The whispering won't shut up in my head. The hunger dulled for now. I don't know how long that will last.

Suddenly, I paused. Someone was following me, but it was not her. I know that I shouldn't have. I really shouldn't.

I turned around to look.

I couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman. They wore a crown of dead leaves and vines. They looked just as pale as me. That grin on their face made me shiver. Was that… black makeup on their face?

I blinked.

“Uh… Who are you?” I asked. That weirdo grinned at me. They twirled around.

“Helloooo!” they said. I started to back away.

“Who are you?” I asked. They clapped their hands.

“Monster! Monster! Monster!”

I shook my head. “No.” This freak kept dancing. What was this? My body screamed run. Run away from this weirdo. My heart pounded against my chest. What he said next sent me reeling. They got up close to my face.

“You are one of us now!” A deep growling voice came out of that mouth. I took off running as fast as I could. They ran after me, laughing.

“One of us! One of us! One of us!” they shouted. I covered my ears as I ran. My hunger came back. I felt like I was being ripped apart from inside.

“Come back! Come back!”

Suddenly, my body froze as it jerked forward. Was I… just… shot? My body seized up as I hit the ground. I was still shaking as footsteps walked closer. I slowly slipped back into a world of black as they grabbed me by the nape.

VI