Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Vessel ❯ Penny for Your Thoughts ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Penny for Your Thoughts

-Melissa-

Shit! The hunt is on! What are they doing this time? I sense two of them. One got the boy.

Not my concern. She made me care. I sighed and rolled my eyes. So annoying. Why does she even care? I've got other things to worry about. Like that other hunter.

They are after her. Reily had to know. I can't keep her in the dark.

I found her in the parking lot. She was staring out into space. She had her phone in her hand. I raced over to her. I frantically waved in her face.

“Hey! Hey!” I shouted. “Hey! Hey! Hey!” She looked up with a start.

“Gah!” Reily blinked. “Oh, it's you.” She wrinkled her nose.

“What are you here?” she asked. I grabbed her by the cheeks.

“You have to run,” I said.

“What?” she asked.

“We have to go. Like right now.”

“Huh? Why?”

“They are hunting you down.”

She stared at me with big eyes. “What?!”

“Oh yes.”

I could feel the second hunter on the loose. I grabbed Reily by the hand.

“Come on, let's go!” I shouted. We took off running as fast as we could.

---------

-Hunter #1-

I got me a good catch. He is starting to turn. He hasn't fed yet though. Such a shame. We might have to fix that. I looked on the side of his neck. The bite mark is turning black. Good, good. We just need to speed up the process. That will be so easy.

I pulled out my radio. I giggled as it crackled to life.

“Yeah?” she asked.

“I got him, Sis. How are things on your end?”

-Hunter #2-

I smirked with the radio to my ear.

“I found them.”

VII