Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ What Are You Doing? ❯ Sleep Over Part 2 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Despite how Kayla took complete advantage of me this morning, today has been going great. After Mom came back from the office, she offered if Kayla and I would like to go to the mall. Being the girls that we are, we accepted my mom's proposal, Kayla being more humble in her agreement to be polite. Mom took us in our family car, leaving Kayla's on the right side of our driveway. The drive to the mall was calming and relaxing. Mom played a classical music radio station. Kayla and I talked about her going to college and the courses she'll be taking. I thought personally it was a nice topic to talk about in a car. Although, to be honest, I didn't want to talk about weird things with my mom in the car. I'm sure Kayla felt the same because she would want to put on a good impression.
By the time we arrived at the mall, it was already past 1pm. Kayla said she was hungry and asked if we could eat lunch first. Of course, Mom and I were okay with that. I got myself a cheeseburger and fries, Kayla got a slice of pepperoni pizza with a side of garlic bread, and my mom got herself a Caesar salad. We quickly ate our food and quickly went on to shopping. Mom went on by herself while I went with Kayla. For awhile the two of us were just window shopping, because we realized that we only had $40 combined. It was definitely not enough for shopping. While wandering around a bit more we found a store that had a sale on pajamas. Kayla wanted to find some so we could match. We browsed the store and my blonde friend found one she liked. It had lavender pants and a white shirt, with words "Adorkable" across the shirt with bolded purple letters. I thought it was cute and agreed to by a pair with her. Surprisingly we had about $14 dollars left, which was more than I expected.

We had about half an hour left until we had to meet up with my mom at the entrance. Kayla saw a Victoria's Secret store and said she should buy me some sexy red panties since we still had some money. I lightly smacked her, glared at her, blushed, and walked away from the store, leaving Kayla behind. I heard her laughing behind me as she grabbed my hand and said she was joking. She offered, instead, that we should just go get Starbucks. I happily agreed.

---------------------------------------------------------- ---------- 

It was about 5:30pm when we got home from the mall. Mom said she would get started on dinner and told us to relax while she prepared everything.

"If you need any help just call me," I said. She smiled and nodded as she went to the kitchen.

"Come on," I said to Kayla who was next to me. "Let's go up to my room while we wait for the food."

Running up the stairs we entered my room. I plopped onto my bed and sighed, enjoying the softness that was under me. Kayla went over to my bookcase, looking over my books with curiousity. I watched her take a big one out, but couldn't see what it was.

"Whatcha looking at?" I asked. I rolled over onto my stomach, propping my chin on my hands.

"A yearbook," she said simply.

I frowned. "Oh god. Please don't look at the one where I was a freshman. I looked hecka dorky."

She took over the yearbook and sat down next to me. "Nah. Just the one from last year. But I wouldn't mind seeing your freshman picture. I'll sneak a peak later."

I sat up. "I'll be sure to hide from you before we go to dinner.."

I watched her flip through the pages and skim some of the things my friends wrote in my yearbook. "I'm really going to miss Valleyway High," she said nostalgically, staring at the senior section. "Going to be weird not returning there.." I nodded without saying anything.

She turned to me. "Want to see my senior picture?" Without waiting for a reply she quickly flipped to the page. She pointed to hers. "There I am."

I looked over Kayla shoulders. My mouth gaped open and my eyes widened. There was Kayla, head slightly tilted, smiling broadly. Her blonde hair had slight curls and she was in what looked like a black silk dress with thin straps riding over my shoulders. The picture seemed to emphasize her blue-green eyes and seeing them so clear like that made my heart skip a beat. I knew Kayla was gorgeous the first time I met her, but this picture... it made her seem like a model.

"Wow..." was all I said.

Kayla giggled. "I'm flattered."

"You are beautiful," I finally managed to say.

"You'll look just as beautiful as me when you get yours taken."

"Doubt it."

She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Tsk. Don't be a pessimist." Kayla continued flipping through my yearbook. "Mind if I look at your junior year?" I said no.

"Juniors, juniors, juniors... Ah there we are.." she muttered to herself. "Mia Wong.... Found you! Awww you look so cute. I love your outfit."

For my junior year I wore a baby fit red T-shirt with a polyester striped black vest. In addition I wore a long black beaded necklace and, though you couldn't see it in the picture, I wore a big red bangle on my left wrist. My hair was its usual straight self, my side bangs in the same direction. For picture day I wore a red headband in my hair.

"I like how you accessorize," Kayla complimented me.

"Thanks." I slightly blush.
She keeps making me blush...

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my mom calling us from downstairs. "Let's go. I'm sooo hungry."

"But we ate about three to four hours ago."

"Exactly."

Kayla laughed.

--------------------------------------------------------- ------

"Aaaahhh Mia that was soooo good. I felt like I was at that really expensive Chinese restaurant. Your mom is an amazing co-" At that precise moment, Kayla burped. She put her hand over her mouth. "Oops. Haha excuse me."

I giggled. "Nice. It was good though, wasn't it? You should tell my mom that and not me."

"Yeah. I think I will in the morning."

For dinner, Mom made us some fried rice, chow mein, pot stickers, and mandarin chicken. Like Kayla said it was really good. I usually have this about three times a week, but having it with a friend made things taste better.

It was already past 9 o' clock. Mom went to her bedroom for the night, while Kayla and I remained in our room. I got extra pillows from the guestroom across the hall and placed them on my bed. Since my bed was a queen size, it was big enough for both Kayla and I. I didn't want her to sleep on the floor, seeing as she was my guest.

Kayla was in my bathroom changing her clothes. I was waiting for Kayla, laying on my bed, listening to music on the radio. Suddenly, the bathroom door bursts open. Kayla hops out waving her hands in the air.

"Ta-dah!" she sings. I sat up and looked at her. She was wearing the pajamas we bought today at the mall.

"You are already wearing that?" I questioned. Kayla semi rolls her eyes.

"Didn't we buy matching pajamas so we could
match?" Kayla replied.

"Oh. Yeah you're right."

Kayla takes out my pair from the bag. "Here this is yours." She walks up to me and moves her face close to mine, our eyes meeting.

"Want me to help you change?" she whispers almost huskily, not breaking eye contact.

My face began to heat up. I looked away. "NonoitsokayIcandoitmyself," I said quickly. I took the pjs and hurried to the bathroom.
A few minutes later, I emerged from the bathroom in the same pajamas as Kayla. Kayla saw and and smiled.

"Awesome. We so match. If I was at least a brunette I think we could look like twins," Kayla commented. Kayla went over to her bag and took out a digital camera. "Let's take some pictures!"

Using her camera's self timer, we were able to take photos without either of use holding. We took silly pictures and ones where we simply smiled. Being the Asian that I am, I did peace signs in a couple of them. Afterwards we looked through Kayla's camera. I thought they were all cute, especially since we were in matching pjs.

It was getting late but I wasn't tired yet. The radio was still on, music kept filling my room in a low volume. Kayla laid down on the right side of the bed. I laid on the other side right next to her. Neither of us were under the covers, but instead were on top of them.

The song changed and Hellogoodbye's Here (In Your Arms) began to play. I noticed Kayla's eyes slowly closing from the corner of my eye, a smile beginning to form.

I like,
Where we are,
When we drive,
In your car.
I like,
Where we are,
Here...

"I really like this song..." Kayla said.

"Yeah. Me too," I agreed. I couldn't help relating the lyrics to my situtation.

Cause our lips,
Can touch.
And our cheeks,
Can brush.
Cause our lips,
Can touch.
Here...

Where you are the one, the one,
That lies close to me.
Whispers, "Hello,
I've missed you quite terribly."
I fell in love, in love,
With you suddenly.
Now there's no place else,
I could be but,
Here in your arms...

Kayla's eyes were still closed. I wondered what she was thinking about as she listened to this song. I found it somewhat ironic how this song reminds me of some of the times I've had with Kayla. I continued listening.

I like,
Where you sleep.
When you sleep,
Next to me.
I like,
Where you sleep.
Here...

My thoughts began to wander at that point. I turned my head, still watching Kayla, eyes still closed as she drowns in the song, her breathing even, her chest rising up and down ever so slowly. I've come to realized that my relationship with Kayla is different. It's different from the one with Alan, different from my other girl friends. When I'm with her, I get butterflies, almost as bad as when I go on a rollercoaster. She makes me blush like there's no tomorrow. And the way she talks to me, looks at me. To be honest, I don't know what to make of it. I know I am not afraid of it, but rather I don't know how I should take it, how to interpret it. I enjoy being with her, and when she leaves it seems like my life becomes normal again. A somewhat dull kind of normal. When she comes back, there's life, a spark, back in my life. My feelings right now are all over the place, but there is one thing that I am beginning to realize: I like Kayla more than I should.

Joining Kayla, I closed my eyes, recalling one of the verses.

I like,
When you sleep,
When you sleep,
Next to me,
I like,
When you sleep,
Here...
-----------------------
 
A/N: Hey. It's been awhile hasn't it? A lot as happened to me since I last updated that prevented me from going online. My mom had serious surgery, my cousin got hit by a car and went to the hospital, and schoolwork. It was a little too much to bear. Hope you guys understand. Again, thank you all for reading my story.