Other Fan Fiction ❯ (Rakin Bass: JACK FROST)... Jack is Back! ❯ Jack Snip... Alias... Jack Frost ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
 
Jack shut Snowy up in her stable once inside the castle on Miserable-Mountain, and kissed her goodnight.
 
Winter was almost over, and Jack would have to send Snowy off to the farmer tomorrow until next year…but why?
 
 
Jack looked around to make sure no one was watching, but there wasn't even a mouse in the castle anymore.
 
He held his cap up at the night sky, jingled the bell and cried out… “FATHER-WINTER!”
 
The north winds picked up, and snowflakes blew around Jacks body, and then he changed…
 
His ears were now pointy, like an elf, and his body became see-through like a ghost... Like a SPIRIT.
 
Yes, he wasn't Jack Snip at all.
 
He was the nipper of noses, the freezer of window-panes, the Spirit of winter…He was JACK FROST!
 
Something seemed to be strange. Jack Frost was supposed to be an immortal-Sprite, but he was just a human a few seconds ago
 
Well… it all started last winter.
 
He looked out the window and gazed down at the village below him. He swore he could have saw Elisa's house, still awake with the lights shining bright.
 
* * *
 
As a spriteof winter, Jack flew down among the people and nipped noses, chilled window panes and spread his frost and ice everywhere.
 
After all, that was his job.
 
The problem was, being invisible, no one could see or hear him
 
But when hemetthebeautiful Elisa,he fell head over heals in love with her.
  
So He askedFather Winter, the big boss of all that was winter, to make him human so he can be with her.
 
Jack wasn't only doing this because he loved Elisa, but also because…
 
Of all the Sprites of winter, Jack Frost was the only one Father-Winter sent down among the humans.
 
And it did him feel rather lonely, being one of a kind.
 
Father-Winter, agreed to grant Jack's request, and also made him a deal…
 
Jackwould given a winter of humanity, and if by spring he was able to obtain the basic human essentials;
 
A House…to shelter him.
 
A Horse… to bear him .
 
A Bag of Gold… To sustain him.
 
And a Wife…to make it all worth the wild!
 
Then, he would be truly human, and would be permitted to stay so, with Father-Winter's blessing; Forever.
 
 
After his request was granted,Jack flew back down to Earth, and passed himself off as The Taylor, Jack Snip.
 
Elisa befriended Jack and took him home for dinner.(Not knowing he was really Jack Frost)
 
And as time went by, he and Elisa seemed to be getting close, but on Christmas Day, she was captured By Kubla Kraus.
 
However, Jack, with the help of Sir Ravenaugh did save Elisa from the castle, only to have Jack captured without the others knowing.
 
When Kubla threatened to destroy January Junction, with his army of K-knights…
 
 JackFrost saw no other way but to return to his immortal state.
 
He gave up his humanity to save the lives of those he had come to love so much.
 
He whistled up a once in a life-time BLIZZARD, and buried the castle completely.
 
But of course, Spring was coming, and the snow was melting. Jack Frost just couldn't let the town be destroyed.
 
So Father winter let Jack become Human again, and since winter was going to end at noon that day.
 
If Jack wanted to remain Human, he had only one hour to get House… Horse…Bag of Gold… and wife!
 
But First he had stop Kubla… once and for all, and with a little help from Father-Winter…Kubla Kraus was blow away to his doom.
 
At that moment, Jack realized now that Kubla was gone, his castle was empty.
 
That counted as a House…
 
Jack also found a Horse that was made of iron and ran on steam…
 
He had a Horse too…
 
He also found Kubla's pile of gold, more than enough to fill at least 100 bags…
 
To remain human, Jack Frost still needed one more thing, and he only had until noon, to make Elisa his wife.
 
* * *
  
When Jack made it make to her house, he asked Papa if he could have his daughter's hand in marriage.
 
But Papa showed him, that Elisa was already Marrying Sir Ravenaughthat day at noon.
 
So that was it…
 
Jack Frost had lost the only girl he ever loved, and he was doomed to be lonely forever.
 
* * *
 
So Jack had returned the Winter-cloud, empty handed and heart-broken… He had failed!
 
It was only thanks to the helpful words of his friends, Holly and Snip that Jack was able to re-kindle himself.
 
Snip: The Snowflake-maker…
 
Every single snowflake that ever fell from the sky is designed by him, and no two are alike.
 
 
Holly: The Holiday Snow-Gypsy…The smallest of the Winter Sprites.
 
Whenever Snip made an extra special Snowflake for the Christmas snows, it was Holly's job to see that each flake was keep nice and cool until December 24th.
 
There was also, thousands of other Snow-Gypsies, who toss the other snowflakes from the skies.
 
The Sleet-Sisters, and The Hail-Fellow!
 
However, without Jack Frost around, winter would just never be the same again. That's what they said.
 
Jack did feel grateful. He may not have won Elisa's heart, but he still had special friends.
 
Still, he did always wish that he had won her heart.
 
Now these days, Father-Winter had compensated Jack for his efforts on Earth.
 
Every winter, Jack would be allowed to return to January-Junction as a mortal. After all, he did have a home there to look after.
 
He was also given the privilege of being able to transform to and from his form at will.
 
Sometimes he could be Jack Frost, and other times he could be plain old Jack Snip.
 
But when the spring came, Jack would have to leave. There were other winter-times on Earth where Jack Frost was needed.
 
That was why Jack left the village every spring time, but he never told anybody … not even Elisa.
 
* * *
 
Jack was merely just flying around the village that night in his Sprite state, for one last go before next year.
 
He froze window-panes, frosted the trees, and even nipped a few noses, but he saved one special one for last.
 
Elisa was standing outside her house when Jack flew by. He landed down beside her and tapped her nose.
 
“Ooh, that's cold.” She said feeling at the tip of her nose. “I guess you're here, Jack Frost… I still love you.”
 
Then she walked back inside and closed the door. “I still love you Elisa.” Jack said, but of course, no one could hear him.
 
* * *
 
The next day, after secretly taking Snowy to the farm, and closing up his shop for the year, Jack left the village and set off for the next Winter-town.
 
He stopped one last time when he saw Elisa out for her walk. “Good-bye Jack Frost, see you next year…I'll miss you.” She said to the air.
 
An icy-tear fell out of Jack's, “I'll miss you too…Elisa!” he cried to himself, and set off through the air.
 
 
[Jack]
 
-The happiness, of being me
Is not what it's cracked up to be
It's lonely being One…Of A kind
 
-With all the know variety
The fame that nature gave to me
It's lonely being One…Of A Kind