Other Fan Fiction ❯ (Rakin Bass: JACK FROST)... Jack is Back! ❯ The Red Ribbon Army... Reborn ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
 
All through the year, Jack had been to many different places. Doing his job as usual, and making sure that everyone was in a Winter-Wonderland.
 
* * *
 
-Sleigh bells ring
Are you listening?
In the lane
Snow is glistening
A beautiful sight
We're happy tonight
Walking in a winter wonderland
 
-Gone away is the bluebird
Here to stay is a new bird
He sings a love song
As we go along
Walking in a winter wonderland
 
-In the meadow we can build a snowman
Then pretend that he is Parson Brown
He'll say: Are you married?
We'll say: No man
But you can do the job
When you're in town
 
-Later on
We'll conspire
As we dream by the fire
To face unafraid
The plans that we've made
Walking in a winter wonderland
 
-In the meadow we can build a snowman
And pretend that he's a circus clown
We'll have lots of fun with mister snowman
Until the alligators knock him down
 
 
-When it snows
Ain't it thrilling?
Though your nose gets a chilling
We'll frolic and play
The Eskimo way
Walking in a winter wonderland
Walking in a winter wonderland
Walking in a winter wonderland
 
* * *
 
Jack returned to Winter-land one cold December morning, and asked Father-Winter “Is it time yet, can I go back now?”
 
The huge white spirit checked though his long, long winter-schedules and looked up January-Junction.
 
“Yes, Jack. You can return now until spring comes again.” He said. Jack looked hopefully excited.
 
“Are you ready Jack?” Asked Father-Winter, jack nodded his head, “Okay then, off you go!”
 
In a whirl of snowflakes, Jack disappeared!
 
* * *
 
Jack reappeared as a mortal at the farm outside of January-Junction. This was always his first stop when he returned.
 
As soon as Jack found the farmer and paid him his money for looking after Snowy, he saddled her up and rode off.
 
Snowy had missed her owner a lot over the year, she missed being able to carry him around on her back through town.
 
Jack missed her too. For when he was a mortal, he lost all his powers, and he could not fly at all.
 
Snowy was his only method of quick transportation. It may not be like flying but sure beat walking.
 
* * *
 
Jack's first goal in mind was to re-open his Taylor-shop in town. Now that he was back, his customers would be in need of his service.
 
Especially Sir Ravenaugh, he always needed his capes re-sew every year, and even brought some of Elisa's clothes for him to mend.
 
Jack did enjoy working for Elisa and her family, but still, It brought on the sad reminder that he didn't win her heart long ago.
 
He was still in love with a woman far beyond his reach. “what is the matter with me?” he asked himself, then he began to sing.
 
* * *
 
[JACK]

I'm still in love with her face
She Always made my
day begin
I'm still in love
to the tune that she humsnight and noon
Her smiles, her frowns, her ups, her downs
Are still with me, but how?
 
-Like breathing in, and breathing free
She does not know the real me
But me, she never wants
to forget,
Even though my heart she did
break
And yet
I'm still in love withher look,
In love with
her voice,
In love, with her…face.
 
* * *
 
But when they reached the top of the hill overlooking January-Junction, they found the most of the buildings were on fire.
 
“Oh, no…ELISA!!!” cried Jack. “Let's go, Snowy!” He kicked his heel in the stirrup and Snowy ran down the hill as fast as she could.
 
* * *
 
When they reached the village below, Jack was relived to find that Elisa's house was still in one piece.
 
But when he got inside…a terrible sight met his eye!
 
The house may have been in one piece on the outside, but the inside was a big mess.
 
Doors kicked down, furniture all crumbled, windows broken, holes in the walls… and then Jack saw the worst bit of it all.
 
Elisa was in tears over what seemed to be three bodies lying dead on the floor. He mother, her Father…and even her beloved Ravenaugh was dead.
 
Jack stepped forward into the house, catching Elisa's eye. “Oh, Jack.” She sobbed, “It was horrible, just horrible.”
 
“One minute everything was safe and sound…and then… and then… AND THEN!!!”
 
Jack hushed her, “Not now, Elisa, you're too upset to talk.” He said, “Just let it all out, it will help you feel better…I promise.”
 
Elisa sniffled, and took Jack's word. She threw her arms around her friend and began to cry into his shoulders.
 
Jack had to do all he could to keep himself from blushing. He had always wanted to hold Elisa when she was like this.
 
Still, he had to be brave for her.
 
He gently patted her back and gently whispered to her, “That's it Elisa, just let it all out.”
 
* * *
 
Soon, Elisa stopped crying and was merely sniffling now. Jack handed her a box of tissues for her to dry her eyes.
 
“Now… tell me everything!” said Jack as he lit a roaring fire to warm up the cold house. Elisa sat down beside him and began explaining…
 
* * *
 
She, Ravenaugh,and her parents were planning a welcome home party for Jack when he came back.
 
But the night before the party and Jack's return, something terrible happened…
 
The village was attacked by Kubla Kraus' younger brother… Krusha Kraus… he was even worse than Kubla.
 
He wanted revenge over the death of his brother, and he learned that he was killed by someone inJanuary-Junction.
 
But he didn't know who it was, so he decided to get them all.
 
He was not as slow-witted like his older brother. Krusha was the leader of a terrible group of Cossacks.
 
Cossacks who believed in stealing from the poor, hurting innocent people and many more bad things.
 
They called themselves… THE RED RIBBON ARMY!!!
 
They called them that, because all the Cossacks wore a red suit, with a big red ribbon tied around their hats.
 
 
The army tore the town to pieces as revengeof the loss ofKubla.
 
They all had very powerful weapons at their disposer, and used them to blow up most of the houses and shops.
 
And of course, a town of Amish-folkwas no match for such brute force of the army.
 
Most of the village people ran away in fear of the army, the rest of them had died trying to stop the army.
 
When Krusha had found Reginald, the family first hid Elisa away from Krusha's sight.
 
Along side Ravenaugh, Elisa's Family put up a valiant effort to drive Krusha away.
 
But they proved to be more thanno match for the imposing power of the Red Ribbon Army!
 
Her mamawas the first to go down, and herpapawas next, and then, Ravenaughwas left to battle the soldiers by himself.
 
His golden blade prove to be no match for the Army's guns and explosives, Ravenaughhad been killed, and Elisa was alone
 
* * *
 
“Oh…you poor thing!” cried Jack. Elisa nodded her head sadly. Her parents and husband were gone, and she was both and Orphan, and a Widow!
 
All that she had left of her beloved Knight was his golden sword and his noble steed.
 
“Don't worry, Elisa.” said Jack, “I'm here, and I won't let anyone hurt you!” Elisa hugged her friend and began to cry again.