Other Fan Fiction ❯ (Rakin Bass: JACK FROST)... Jack is Back! ❯ Get back the Gold ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
 
Jack went out to scout the town to see if anyone was left.
 
Even though Elisa warned him that it wouldn't be safe if the Red Ribbon Army came back, Jack left in any case.
 
* * *
 
Once at a safe distance away from Elisa's house Jack signaled for Father-Winter to turn him into his Sprite-state.
 
He then began to hover around the town, walking through walls, and even looking over head.
 
But the entire town was completely deserted, not even a mouse was seen roaming about.
 
Before returning to Elisa, Jack first used his icy-breath to put out all the fires that were still blazing.
 
Putting out the fire didn't seem to be worth too much as though the buildings were still damaged, but it wouldn't spread.
 
Then he diverted back into his mortal-state, and returned to Elisa's house. He told her that no they were all that was left of the town.
 
Elisa knew this wasn't good at all, with her Village half destroyed, and the Red Ribbon Army coming back, she had no choice but to leave with Jack.
 
It was the only option to do, because the army swore to hunt down any survivors and kill them.
 
Unfortunately there was only one problem. If Elisa and Jack were to flee, they would need money in order to sustain themselves.
 
It was a pretty good thing that Jack had his fortune of gold in Kubla's castle during his quest for Elisa's heart.
 
Although he knew it would be inappropriate to even try and warm up to her, he still decided to help her.
 
Jack and Elisa mounted their horses and galloped up to the mountain to retrieve his bag of gold.
 
But before they got anywhere near the mountain trial, they saw that there were Cossack soldiers everywhere on it.
 
To make it worse, there on the turrets of the castles were red flags with an R-R signature on it.
 
“The Red Ribbon Army!” cried Jack, “Their using my castle as a base camp!”
 
“Let's get out of here, before they see us.” Cried Elisa, but Jack shook his head.
 
“We need my gold, Elisa!” he said “We won't get very far without it!”
 
Jack looked deep into her eyes, “I'm going up there, don't try to stop me!” he said.
 
“Jack, No, you can't!” cried Elisa.
 
But Jack already set of with Snowy deeper into the woods by the mountain.
 
Once he saw he was out of Elisa's view he transformed into his Sprite-state and flew up the mountain, unseen by all the guards.
 
On the way up he heard Elisa praying, “Jack Frost, please help my friend safely through this.”
 
“Don't worry Elisa, I will make it!” Jack said to himself.
 
* * *
 
Once safely inside the castle Jack was horrified at what these madmen had done to his home, the home he worked so hard for.
 
His bed and all his other furniture was missing, and in their places were maps of the world, armory weapons and lots of odd looking gismos Jack had never seen before.
 
One of the Cossacks was sitting in front of a big screen, which viewed a picture of none other that Krusha Kraus himself.
 
Call great Leader, reporting… Mission accomplished!” said the guard to the computer.
 
“Of course it is accomplished!” bellowed Krusha. “I am a genius, I am strong, I will rule the whole world once I control all four seasons!”
 
“Control all four seasons?” cried Jack, “Is that even possible, I thought only Father-Winter could control the winter time.”
 
The screen showed Krusha holding up a small orb, “Already, I have captured the autumn. It will never shine again unless I make it!”
 
These words freaked Jack out. “The Big-Spirit of autumn is trapped inside that orb, and without her the fall will never come again!”
 
“I do not like being kept waiting, why have you not capture winter yet?!” snapped Krusha.
 
“Well sir, it is the most powerful season of them all which lasts the longest of the four.”
 
“Capturing it is not as easy as we thought!”
 
“Very well, I will wait longer! But I'm warning you, do not upset me... or you know what is coming for you!”
 
The guard looked as though he had seen death and nodded his head. The computer signed off. “Ooh…What a grouch!!” he snapped.
 
“This is very serious.” Jack said, “If he captures the four seasons, he can make it anything he wants all year long!”
 
Jack had to warn Father Winter about this at once, but then he remembered Elisa was waiting form down below.
 
He couldn't give up, not yet! So he searched through several of walls in the cast, until at last he found his gold.
 
It was locked up behind a secret wall where to Cossacks stood guard. Jack had o do something about them.
 
So he took a huge breath and blew his frost all over the guards freezing them into statues.
 
“That'll put them on ice.” He said, and then he floated all around the castle, freezing all the Cossacks with his breath.
 
Finally, when the last guard had been frozen, Jack changed to his mortal-form and was able to successfully grab all his gold back.
 
There was no way he would be able to pick it up he were a Sprite, the gold would just go right through him.
 
He held the huge bag over his shoulder, and made into the main chamber only to be ambushed by more guards whom he had missed.
 
“And where do you think you are going?” asked the defrosted commander.
 
“But I thought I just froze you… I… I mean?!?!” he accidentally spoke words that were never meat to be said.
 
“So you are the one causing us trouble!” snapped the Commander, and then he whistled for his guards to aim their guns at the ready.
 
“Oh, and before we kill you, you should know of something!” the Commander snapped his fingers.
 
Two more of his men came in holding poor Elisa as a prisoner. “Caught her in the woods down below, we'll have to kill her too!”
 
“Jack, please do something!” cried Elisa, but really what was Jack going to do.
 
If he transformed into his immortal-form, everyone would know that would know that he is really Jack Frost.
 
And since the Cossacks were bent on capturing the four seasons, Jack could be in big trouble.
 
But if he stayed a mortal and was killed, then he would die a normal mortal's death, and Jack Frost would be no more.
 
What was he going to do?