Other Fan Fiction ❯ (Rakin Bass: JACK FROST)... Jack is Back! ❯ Elisa's decision ( Chapter 14 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
 
 
On the way back, they noticed that all the places winter had touched were now back to their original state.
 
Daisy-Sunshine poured her summer-warmth over the tropical islands, Lilly-Leafy turned winter back into Autumn, and Barry melted away the snow with his April showers!
 
Of course it was still winter in some parts of the world, but at least now it wasn't as savage as before.
 
The Sprites had saved the world, and decided to celebrate their victory with a song…
 
[Jack]
 
-The sky is perfectly blue
The clouds are perfect too,
And here I am, and you.
What could feel more right?
 
[Snip]
-A quest has come to an end
 
[Holly and Elisa]
And home's, around the bend.
 
[Jack]
And here we are, my friends.
What could feel more right?
 
[EVRYONE]
-Nothing can go wrong,
If everything is right.
And everything is right somehow.
Nothing can wrong as long as
Everything is right,
And everything is right, right now!
 
[Jack and Elisa]
-The breeze is blowing around.
 
[Holly and Snip]
We're on, Familiar ground…
 
[Everyone, except Elisa]
-And Look, at who we found!
What could feel more right?
 
[EVRYONE]
-Nothing can go wrong,
If everything is right.
And everything is right somehow.
 
-Nothing can wrong as long as
Everything is right…
 
[Holly and Snip]
-Easy or harder…
 
[Everyone]
-Everything is right…
 
 
[Father-Winter]
-Thank goodness, you got her
 
[Everyone]
-Everything is right…
 
[Jack]
-Perfectly
wonderfully,
and totally…
 
[Elisa]
-Silly Jack Frost
 
[Everyone]
-RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
* * *
 
Upon their arrival in Winter-land, They found that Father-Winter had gathered all the Sprites in the world of seasons together for a party.
 
Not only was it really close to Christmas-time, but it was amazing that Jack was able to crush the Red Ribbon Army single-handed!
 
Thanks to Jack… the World and the balance of nature was safe again!
 
* * *
 
Two months later…
 
There was only one week left of winter, and over the past two months, Elisa had become quite skillful with her powers as a Winter-Sprite.
 
She was able to make a soft snowfall for the people on Earth. And she was even able to create blizzards to stop foil anyone with bad ideas.
 
However, during winter's final week, Father-Winter had quite forgotten… He still had something awful to tell Jack!
 
* * *
 
Meanwhile… before Elisa went to sleep, she prayed for the lost souls of her parents and Ravenaugh.
 
She missed them so much, “If only you knew how much care Jack has taken of me.” She said.
 
Suddenly, she felt the snow around her stirring up… and there once again was the Spirit of Sir Ravenaugh.
 
“Ravenaugh, is it really you?”
 
The spirit smiled, “Yes my, fair Elisa.” He said, “But I should warn you first before you get overjoyed…”
 
“I am only here amongst the snow itself, and I can neither hug or even touch you.”
 
Elisa sadly understood.
 
“Now my-lady… I have seen how much care Jack has given to you. I realized it while I was training him.”
 
“I also know that you have very deep feelings for, Jack!”
 
Elisa nodded, “But I can't just go off with him like that.” She said, “I'm still truthful and loyal to you, Ravenaugh.”
 
“Yes… but you must understand. I know of Jack's tale of trying to earn your heart, and how he did not succeed.”
 
“I did manage to keep your heart, but only because we did not know of Jack's identity… nor of his feelings for you.”
 
“Elisa… I can no longer comfort you, since I am no longer among the living… but I do not want you to keep in lament over my loss.”
 
“Remember my final wish before I departed… I want to be happy, even if it means finding another who will care for you.”
 
Elisa was about to speak, but Ravenaugh raised his hand stopping her. “Do not deny yourself, Elisa… just follow your heart.”
 
Then he vanished… leaving Elisa slightly confused, but she understood now… she knew what she had to do.
 
* * *
 
Elisa had heard that Jack was talking to Father-Winter, but before she reached them she ducked behind a snow-bank and listened in on them.
 
“There is a complication with Elisa's Sprite-forum, Jack.” Said the good Father. “Do you remember how Elisa became a Sprite in the first place?”
 
Jack nodded his head. “When we facing the Red Ribbon Army in my old Castle… She was holding onto me while I changed.”
 
“Exactly… however she is not exactly like you!” said Father-Winter. “You see… Elisa is only a Half-Sprite!”
 
He continued to explain to Jack…
 
* * *
 
Because Elisa was holding onto Jack while he transformed into a Sprite. Some of the magic rubbed off onto Elisa.
 
It was enough to change her into a Sprite… but because she was originally born a human… her humanity had blocked most of the Sprite magic from changing her entirely.
 
Elisa was but a Half-Sprite… and only Full-fledged Sprites are permitted to live in the kingdom of the Winter-Cloud.
 
But that was not the only thing to worry about…Elisa's Sprite magic would be out of energy by the first of spring…
 
Meaning Elisa would change back into a mortal, and would have to return to Earth. Never to return again.
 
Even Father-Winter himself would not be able to transform her back into a Sprite.
 
And worst of all… Jack used up so much power fighting the Red Ribbon Army.. that he already had lost his mortality power.
 
He could no longer become a human.
 
* * *
 
From behind the Snow-Bank, Elisa heard everything. In one week she would be back on Earth… without her home and loved ones.
 
And because Jack couldn't change anymore, she would never be able to see him again.
 
“I can't just let her go!” said Jack, “She has nowhere else to go… and I lost her once before, I can't lose her again!”
 
“Well… there is but only one thing we can do!” said Father-Winter, “But it requires the most greatest of sacrifices.”
 
“Oh please… let me tell him, Father!” pleaded Holly who was there as well. “What… what is it?” asked Jack.
 
Holly giggled and blushed a bit, “Jack…” she said “…You have to Marry her.”
 
Jack eyes lit up in shock… “WHAT?”
 
* * *
 
Jack was a full-sprite, and Elisa was a half.
 
If Jack were to make Elisa his wife… as he always had wanted… The magic of Jack's body would be added to Elisa.
 
This would change her into a complete and full-fledged Sprite. Only then would she be able to remain in Winter-land!
 
* * *
 
“But wait… that means…!”
 
Father-Winter nodded, “Elisa would have to give up her humanity, and the life she once had… Forever!”
 
“She would have to become your wife, before the First day of spring… or she will have to leave and never return.”
 
Jack didn't what to do. No matter what happened, someone would lose something dear to them.
 
Jack fell to his knees and said, “I could never ask her to do that just for me!”
 
Elisa stood up from behind the Snow-bank… “You don't have to, Jack.” She said walking over to him.
 
“I spoke with Sir Ravenaugh's spirit earlier, and I remembered his wish for me to be happy.”
 
“I'll do it… I want to do this!”
 
Jack couldn't believe it, she was willing to marry him and become a full-fledged sprite.
 
“My child… think this over wisely!” said Father-Winter. “If you choose this path; you may never return to the world below as a human.”
 
“You will never be seen or heard by anyone else down there ever again!”
 
“Do you understand?”
 
Elisa helped Jack up, stared deep into his eyes and knew exactly the words she was looking for…
 
“I do!”