Other Fan Fiction ❯ (Rakin Bass: JACK FROST)... Jack is Back! ❯ The End of Krusha Kraus! ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
 
 
Barry, Daisy, and Lilly searched the East side of the base, while Jack and Elisa searched the West!
 
Down below them, the rest of the Cossacks were all running away from the base… they had given up.
 
From in a secret area, Krusha turned on the radio. “COME BACK HERE YOU COWARDS… DON'T LEAVE!!!”
 
His voice reached the ears of the Sprites. “He's in that tower… I just know it!” said Jack. “Elisa… you go get the others, I'll go in there and hold him off!”
 
Elisa nodded, but before she flew off, she turned back to Jack and kissed him tenderly. “You be careful there, Jack!” she said.
 
Jack blushed and said. “I'll be just fine!” then he flew off!
 
* * * *
 
Krusha tried all he could to persuade his soldiers to return to their posts, but in vain, they had already gone!
 
To make it worse… Jack had already used his Frosty breath to blow open the wall and enter.
 
“Too late Krusha!” he said, “Now, are you going to come quietly, or are we going to have to do this the hard way?”
 
“I prefer the hard way!” said Krusha, “You think you've won, Frost boy?” he pressed on a remote-control.
 
A Large cage door on the other side of the room flew open…and an unusual growl escaped from the inside.
 
“You may have destroyed my army, but here's one thing you will never get past!”
 
Jack heard heavy footsteps, and the growling became louder… suddenly, there standing in front Jack was a Gigantic white monster.
 
Thirty feet high… Jaws as powerful as a steel trap… and boy did he look hungry!!!”
 
“Behold, my ultimate weapon!” said Krusha, “The Abominable Snow-Monster of the North!!!”
 
This was strange… Jack had always heard the snow-monster of the North was only a myth!
 
The monster roared loudly, and pounded his chest. Jack remained in his Sprite-state and withdrew his sword.
 
Whether it was the real Snow-monster or not, it seemed pretty real to Jack.
 
He took one mighty big swing at the monster's huge foot, but bounced right off of it as if it were made of rubber.
 
“You'll have to do better than that, Frost-boy!” Krusha sniggered. Then he pressed the remote again. The monster's eyes glowed red, and he steeped forward.
 
Now it all made sense to Jack.. the snow-monster was actually a gigantic robot Krusha had built to do his bidding.
 
The outside covered in Rubber, so all of Jack's sword moves would not work against it.
 
All he could do now was dodge the huge punches the monster was trying to land on him.
 
Jack may have been a Sprite, but the robot was built to destroy all sprites… this was not good.
 
Jack even tried to freeze the Robot with his Frost, but Krusha had also installed an instant heater.
 
All he had to do was push a button, and the robot would warm up and defend against the frost.
 
* * *
 
As the battle continued, Jack was starting to get tired from dodging all the monster's punches.
 
Krusha laughed hard… “Give it up, boy! You shall never beat my creation. There is no one to save you this time!”
 
“We wouldn't bet on that!” called familiar voices. Elisa and the other three sprites flew downward to help Jack fight the beastly-machine.
 
“Elisa, you stay up there it'll be much safer.” Said Jack, but Elisa just pecked his check. “Not this time!” she said.
 
“This madman killed my family, and destroyed my home village. It was only thanks to you that I'm here now.”
 
“You've helped me out enough times already, Jack. This time, I'm going to help you.”
 
Jack nodded in agreement. For another one of Sir Ravenaugh's lessons were… “There is always safety in numbers!”
 
“Well, isn't this a treat!” said Krusha, “I thought I would only be getting one sprite, but now I can finish you all off at once!”
 
He clicked his remote, and the monster started charging forward toward the five sprites.
 
Barry, and Daisy each fired their spring an summer warmth on the beast, but Krusha countered it with a chilling shield he also had installed.
 
Suddenly they figured out only one thing that would lay the robot out for sure.
 
If the robot knew how to defend against hot and cold, what if we added cold-to-cold and hot-to-hot.
 
They could first freeze the robot solid, and then melt him to a slushy-puddle, but first they had one other problem to deal with first.
 
Krusha kept fiddling with remote. “You sprites haven't escaped me yet!” he bellowed.
 
“We have to destroy that remote.” said Lilly, “That's how he controls the monster!”
 
“Right…I'll go for it!” said Jack.
 
* * *
 
Krusha was still fiddling around with his remote “Oh… have not had this much fun in years!” he chuckled.
 
“Once the sprites are out of my way… the world will forever remain under thee spell of a never-ending winter!!!”
 
“THAT'S WHAT YOU YHINK!” came Jack's voice from behind, Krusha turned around only to have Mortal-Jack wham right into him.
 
Krusha fell off the hill, and threw the remote up into the sky… “WHAT… OH NO!!!” he cried.
 
Jack then changed back into a sprite, leapt into the air and smashed the controller to pieces with his sword.
 
The robot was now out of control. He was just flailing his arms everywhere, and roaring as if he were in pain.
 
“NOW!!!” yelled Jack as he flew over to the other sprites.
 
Lilly and Jack used their cold winds, and since the robot couldn't defend itself without the remote…he was frozen rock solid.
 
Barry and Daisy then used their warmth-spells to melt the ice around the robot, causing it to fall to pieces… it was destroyed.
 
The four sprites cheered, and cheered. They had finally won… or had they really?
 
Krusha had gotten up out of the snow and started running for the hills. “You have not heard the last of Krusha Kraus… I will be back!” he roared.
 
But before he made it up the hill, he was confronted by Elisa. “Wrong again Krusha… for the last time!” she snarled.
 
Krusha tried to run away in other direction, but Elisa used her new-found Sprite power of the snow and froze him dead-solid!
 
The other sprites joined her around the frozen Cossack. Jack offered Ravenaugh 's sword to Elisa, but she decided that they both should have the honor in finishing the job!
 
Elisa and Jack both held onto the sword and raised it high…
 
“IN THE NAME OF ALL THE INNOCENT LIVES YOU'VE HURT AND KILLED!!!” Jack said.
 
“AND IN THE NAME OF ALL THE DISTURBABNCE OF NATURE YOU'VE MADE!!!” added Elisa.
 
“WE ARE GOING TO FINISH YOU!!!” they both said. Then they thrust the sword into the ice block.
 
The sword went clean through the ice, and straight into Krusha's chest…He was finally finished!
 
From up above on the castles. All the red flags had broken off. It was so quiet in the empty base, you could hear the echo of the snow falling.
 
Holly and Snip finally had the bas in their eye sights, but what stopped them from going any further was the hundreds of Cossacks the saw running through the hills.
 
Think it was a plan of reinforcement, they stopped on hillside overlooking the base, to think of a plan of action.
 
But they had no need for one, for over-head they saw Jack and Elisa flying through the air… along with the other three sprites who were captured.
 
Jack and Elisa were waved down by Holly and Snip, and the other three sprites flew away to restore the balance of nature to the world.
 
* * *
 
“Holly, Snip… what are you two doing way out here?” asked Jack upon their landing on the hill.
 
“We heard you were going to fight the entire Red Ribbon Army by yourself!” cried Holly.
 
“Wow… how did you guys know that?” asked Jack, but they didn't answer him straightly.
 
“Guess Elisa must be stronger than we thought!” said Snip. Elisa looked confused, and so did Jack.
 
“Elisa and the others must've escaped, so Jack didn't have to fight the army at all!” said Holly.
 
“You're a smart guy there, Jack.” said Snip. “You had us worried, but I knew you wouldn't do anything silly like that!”
 
Jack and Elisa shared another confused look. “But I did attack the Red Ribbon Army!” said Jack.
 
Elisa nodded. “Yes he did… he beat the whole bunch, and he saved me and the others.”
 
Holly and Snip gasped in shock. “Jack?… You beat every single Cossack in the Red Ribbon army?” asked Snip.
 
“Well… not really all of them, Elisa and the others helped me beat Krusha, and the rest ran away.”
 
Holly flew off toward the base to look for any signs of life, but all she managed to find were a pile of dead Cossacks, and broken buildings.
 
She flew back to her friends, “I don't believe it!” she cried “It's completely deserted!”
 
“The entire base?” asked Snip, “Jack, how in the world did you ever learn to battle like that?”
 
Jack told them about how Elisa was kidnapped and the ghost of her husband, Sir Ravenaugh trained Jack on how to fight like a warrior.
 
Elisa knew Jack's talents seemed familiar. She did feel sad however that defeating the army couldn't bring him or her loved ones back from the dead.
 
Still… now they could rest in peace, and the Sprites could relax too knowing the world would soon be restored.
 
With the deed done, and the army destroyed, Jack and the others decided to head back to Winter-Land.