Other Fan Fiction ❯ Lad 14 ❯ Making Fiends your Friends? ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
They returned to the lab around 6, and Peacock was very disappointed by Marie's chose to retire to her room so early. She went on to get Avery knowing the bird probably had a mouth full for the way it was previously treated. "What's wrong, Project: Peacock?" Dr. Elise asked as he returned Avery to her. Avery went on the jump straight into Peacock's eye socket, without word. "Oh... are you 2 fighting, or something?" "It's not Avery, but it might be later..." she admitted. "Anything I can help with?" he offered with a compassionate smile. She thought about that for a moment. "No... Not right now."

That night, Marie got out of bed feeling a stocked unrest. She followed her initiation to get dressed, and headed to the roof top. Or was it only her initiation leading her to do these things? She felt something pulling her, and she wasn't afraid to go see what it was. She came up on the roof wearing a plain white tee, and black shorts. She was bare foot, this time. She closed the door and looked around, but didn't see anyone or hear anything. The gusts wiped her loose hair every which way, as she stepped closer to the edge on the fenced roof. "If someone's here, show yourself!" she demanded.

She jumped out of the way of spikes that were shoot at her. She grabbed her metal arm and sneered in the direction the spikes came from. The attacker suddenly made herself visible as she rushed Marie with her wheel spinning in front of her. All Marie could do was block with her metal arm, while making another jump back. Marie got on her feet, and finally addressed the girl. "You must be Painwheel," Painwheel roared at her, and stepped forward. "Where is it?" she demanded with a rueful tone. "The Skull Heart has been destroyed - but I won't worry about that, if I were you. Having Skull Blood - we'll be the firsts' to know when it's returned to this world." Painwheel groaned in annoyance, and charged for Marie again. She had to take a chance on throwing a punch, now! As Painwheel forced a spiky punch, Marie and the upper hand with her longer arm. It didn't seem to hurt Pain that much, but it stopped her in her tracks. Maybe she was more in a daze than hurt. Marie sling for her face again, but this time her caught her mask. Pain was good and out of the daze, for the pain of the mask being sewed to her face being pulled off. The poor girl cried out a loud pained scream, and grabbed Marie's hand and her mask. "ARRGH! STOP IT!" she plead, not wanting her horrible face to be shown. When she went to grab Marie's hand she finally let go before it she ripped off. Blood formed in the area where Marie grabbed and pulled, as the pained girl screamed again. Marie took this chance to run up, and throw a punch and Pain's stomach, and turned around with a successful extended upper cut. Pain had a nice fly into the air, before making a very hurtful crash on the other side of the roof. The albino smiled at how well she was already using her arm, and gave it a quick pat in thankfulness. She charged her opponent as she was scooping herself off the floor. Marie lounged her arm out to Pain, but she was already aiming a counter attack. Blood jetted spikes jetted from her arm, and shoot Marie is the chest! The suddenly shock and pain made the punch course collapse in failure, and Marie fell backwards with deep painful groans. Pain got up and walked slowly to Marie - who was trying to turn over, and retract her arm.

"I want you to feel pain... All of my pain...," she groaned down to the younger girl, and shoot her with more spikes. This time she couldn't hold back a louder cry of pain, with spikes in and chest and now in her back. Pain picked the very weakened girl up by her neck, then throw-slammed her on the roof. Tears started to roll from Marie's eyes as she took a few labored breaths. Somehow, she was still reacting her arm, very slowly, and pulling herself up as Pain neared her to do more damage. The spiked Pain planted in her body wiggled their we way, and Pain ceased getting closer when she heard them hit to the stone roof top. Marie's blood shoot out of the wounds limply, as she turned to face Subject 0-84. Blood poured from Marie's enlarging wounds, as they now ran from her chest to her belly bottom, and back to small of her back. The port where her shoulder met the metal arm flung apart and a goosh of blood sprung out. Marie's eyes, nose, and mouth were bleeding, as the blood from her back took the form of 6 long metal spider legs. "I've always tried to be good about taking the high rooooad..." she hissed. Painwheel could take a full step back before bloody spikes shoot from the higher up's chest wounds. They were blocked by her metal wheel, and Painwheel put some distant between them using her spikes. Marie fired attacks at Painwheel with her shoulder blood as a whip, but Painwheel successfully dodged and blocked her way to the end of the roof top. Pain took flight, but the blood user shoot a connected block of hardened blood, and slammed her back down.

Lights on the corners of the roof's floor suddenly popped on with over baring brightness. Both Pain, and Marie were stunned and had to cover their eyes! Marie lower to the group as Pain made a blinded repeat attempt at flying away. "Stop her!" a unfamiliar voice yelled. Painwheel's start for the air was cut short, and she landed with a thub from the sleeping needles. "Wha--- What did you do to Painwheel?!" Marie demanded, trying to move closer with her blood legs. The last thing she felt was the sharp pinches of needles in her chest before everything faded away. She awoke with that blasted oxygen mask on, again. Her flash arm was bound to the lab room's floor, and wires were connected the shoulder connect into a monitoring device. Her metal arm was a cross the room, and she looked down to just notice her shirt was missing. She couldn't cover up like she wanted, because she was too weak to move too much. She could see where her wounds were, and they were already mostly healed. Dr. Preston, and Dr. Elise walked in the small white room, and closed the door behind them. "Good afternoon, Marie," Dr. Elise said smiling to her. Marie slowly blinked looking up to him. "What happened? Is Painwheel ok?" "Painwheel is as ok as she's going to be," Dr. Preston answered as Elsie pulled up chairs for both of them. "Are you ok, Marie?" Elise asked and she looked down. "I don't know." "The Skull Blood in you was used as a weapon to fight Subject - 84 of Lab 0. Do you remember your battle?" Dr. Preston asked. "Some of it. I felt her... That's why I went to the roof." "I see you tried to use your extendable arm to fight," Elise said. She nodded "I remember. And then, there was blood everywhere." They sat quietly for a moment, until Dr. Preston broke the silence by explaining who and what Painwheel is. She explained that she was a kidnapped subject of Lab 0's very frown upon methods, and that Pain's an anti-Skull Girl. Unlike Peacock, Pain has Skull Blood. Marie sighed, and finally looked up to Dr. Preston. "I know... I mean, about the Skull Blood. I have it, too, so I suppose that's what I felt." The doctors look at each other. "I didn't think your blood would be able to do such things, but with as little as we know about the Heart we know much less about the Blood. We'll just run tests to see what we can find," Dr. Preston said. "What are you looking for, though?" "We don't know yet."

After a fine toning of Marie's arm, she went into Painwheel's room wear a white short sleeve medical dress that came down to her knees, and white house shoes. The nails and skull on the back of Pain's head had been removed so she could lay of the bed face up. Her hands, legs, and wheel were end bound in case she woke up looking to fight or escape. That creepy mask was still on, however. Marie walked right up beside the bed, and pulled at the mask again. When blood started showing through it she went for some medical cutters and cut the mask off. Marie paused and blush at how cute on "monster" like Painwheel really was. She discarded the mask and cutters to the side and just looked over Pain. "I doubt you like being called Painwheel. When you wake up tell me your real name," she said as if the girl could hear her, and left. As soon as Peacock spotted her in the halls she ran up to her and grabbed her arms. "Are you ok?" the little red head asked worried, and Marie nodded with a small. "I am." "Where is she? When I get my hands on that--" "You will do nothing violent to her, Patricia," Marie interjected with a more stern tone than before. "But--" "But, nothing. If it weren't for her, I may not have found my new power," Marie put her hands on Peacock's shoulders end a smile returned to her face. "Patricia, I finally have what I need to complete what I started as Skull Girl. I may not be half of what I was with the Skull Heart, but I won't need half." "Marie--" Peacock was now stopped by a kiss on the cheek, and hug. "Thanks for saving me from the Skull Heart, Patricia." Peacock hugged her back reaching one hand up so she could pull her purple collar to release some steam. When Marie started to pull away Peacock's arms didn't unfold. She tried again, and motioned for her gang to help her. Andy, Tommy, and Lenny moved Peacock's arms, and she threw them an irate faux grin. They ignored her look, and smiled at Marie. Avery took place on Marie's shoulder, and nuzzled her cheek to make Peacock extra jealous. Marie giggled naive of Avery's plan, it became very hard for Peacock to keep that grin on her face. "Well, I have tests to attend to," she reached for Avery but the bird held on to her. "I wanna come! SQUEAK!" it sounded off. "Oh... Ok. If it's ok with--" "Squeak! The boss and I need time apart." The rest of the gang was only slightly surprised at Avery's choose of words, but they weren't surprised at all at what it was doing, and where it was going with this little display.  Avery didn't appreciate being crumbled, so it was going to get Peacock back HARD. "My, you sure have a mind of your own!" Marie put her hand on Peacock's shoulder. "We'll trade! You look after Painwheel for me, until we get back!" She waved to them, and ran off to her testing room. Peacock just stood there, with her eye lid twitching. How the HELL did she go from HOT to NOT?!

A few hours later, the heavy smell of something odd mixed with blood oozed into Painwheel's room, making Peacock turn around. She had to put her gun-knife away, so she shoved it in her eye socket. Marie walked in with red spots on her exposed arms and legs, but her clothes and skin where clean. "Umm... Marie, are you...?" Peacock winced her nose at the smell. "What?" she turned to her walking up the Pain's side, again . "Oh... does it stink?" She smells her arm, then looks over. "If it stinks to will wear off in a few, anyway." Painwheel suddenly wretched at her restraints, and her eyes flew up, and glared at Marie. "Oh, good afternoon," Marie said with a clam smile. "You..." She pulled again trying to get at Marie. "Calm your rage. I'm no longer the SG, remember?" "Val...Valentine..." she groaned. "Valentine?" "Smell..." she groaned and finally gave up on trying to move. Peacock turned her head to a listless albino. Said girl gently sat Avery on the bed, and said "We can trade back now," before making an exit.

Painwheel jerked again, but to no avail. She looked around the small white room until she made "eye contact" with the cyborg orphan. She looked her up and down as best she could in her current position, then turned her head away. She heard a little bit about what Lab 8 did while they were mutilating her in Lab 0. She couldn't bring herself to be 'impressed' by the design of the prized 'Anti-Skull Girl - Project: Peacock', regardless of being the one to find the Skull Girl. She didn't kill the Skull Girl, was the point. She turned to a glare out the side of her eye, and Peacock was holding her gun-knife to her face. "So, you're that 'Painwheel' I've heard so little about," she started, already with the upper hand. She nudged the knife to her face, only achieving to annoy the bound girl. Her eye widened when she noticed the blade was directly touching her face. She whimpered turned side to side, and when she was tried again, she just did her best to wipe her hair over her face on the opposite side of Peacock. She huffed and puffed, then tried pulled again. "You still don't get you're not going anywhere..." The blade moved the hair out of her face, and she received a glare in response. "Ya got guts, kid... I like that," she purred in amusement.

She turned a frowned over to Avery, who was observing the scene until that point. It hoped on Peacock's shoulder, with a big proud grin. "What's with you, lately?" she sneered. Avery leaned against her face with fear. "Prepare to fall in love all over again!" Avery announced whipping off it's hat. It pulled on 3 large sheets of photo paper from the tiny hat, and handed them to her. "Hmm?" she took the papers with both hands. They were pictures of Marie in her testing. She's wearing a black armless and legless swimsuit and her hair in a ponytail in these. The first picture is an upper shoot of Marie standing holding her foot over her shoulder, and looking up - obviously to Avery. The second is a lower angle of Marie using her blood ability to stand or walk - a very nice lower view. The third is Marie doing a front-back floor split with her head touching her back leg with her arms up. "Drool..." Painwheel murmured in disgust. Peacock moved her head over to her, and wiped the drool from her chin blushing. She shoved the pictures down her collar with a smirk. "Sorry for the interruption, but I can't ignore the greatest comrade anyone could have, and all." Avery shared her smirk, and tipped it's hat. She retook her gun just in time to shove it up her hat as some doctors entered the room. She glared down to Painwheel and left without another word.

Some more hours later, Peacock decided to go out for dinner after a short re-roaming of the boring halls. She was kind of wasting time on the way to Ms. Flexible's room, due to her seeming upset about the mere thought of her Valentine's skin on her, let a lone the possible fact. Just as she walked up to the door, the girl she was looked for turned the hall behind her. She looked over to see the poor girl wrapped in a long bath robe, with her hair in a towel wrap, and her skin was as red as tomatoes. She looked at Patricia with dull drained eyes, and her bags from all the sleep she missed as SG seemed more full on the red tone. "Umm... You wanna go out to eat?" she asked, really expecting a 'no'. "Yeah, as long as it's indoors, and not much walking... And, no shainagains..." Peacock 'looked' down and almost giggled at Marie saying 'shainagins', but it was already too late for that - thanks to Avery. Patricia knew better than to pretend like she didn't know what she was talking about if she ever wanted them to go out together ever again. "I'll..." she started as she shrugged her hands up. "...Try to control your temper if something happens." "Oh, fine," she pouted and folded her long arms in response. "I'll get dressed, then."

Peacock took back on her usual look, and even brought her gang. If something went down she won't have to lose her temper - they could do it for her! Marie was back in her old fashion of looking like a maid, as it was best for her to stay covered... at least for now. She put on a dress much like her old one, but it was obviously lighter in fabric and weight. The lighter colors were nice as well - a simple lavender dress, with a white apron, and less poof in the sleeves. People looked at them as they walked, but this time it was different. They were more to stare at with a giant bomb, walking anvil, and walking 10 ton weight along with them. Avery and George chilled out under Peacock's top hat. Instead of holding hands, Peacock was more insistent on Marie taking her arm, and she was naive to her 'Boss's Girl' look with that. What was important is that the rest of the gang got it, and that everyone around them was clear on the grave mistake it would be to flirt with Marie while any of them were around. Meanwhile, Marie'd swear Peacock needed a walk track for her cartoony swagger walk. It made her giggle to herself in a very endearing way.

Sometimes it was like Marie forgot about the Argus eyes. Peacock had at least one eye on her the whole time they were out, and she just loved they way Marie was always smiling. Her group was there to watch over the quiet albino, and make sure Peacock stayed on Marie's good graces. Mostly thanks to the cronies following them they didn't run into any fools! "Hey, that looks like a neat drive," the purple dressed cartoon pointed out. They fastly made themselves comfortable at an outdoor cafe, and flipped open the menus. It didn't take long for a cute waitress to walk over to them, and pull of her pad. Peacock was in a position where she had no chose but to 'eye' the waitress given her situation on eyes. The lady's uniform stopped right under her bottom, and she was rather tall. Peacock just lightly blush behind her menu, with a long perverted smile. Lenny popped her on the back, and she had to contain her expression, even though Marie wasn't looking at her. After the others just ordered drinks the cutie pie waitress left them.

A few moments passed for the group to wait for Ms. Proud-as-a-Peacock to say something - anything. Marie was looking around at the scenery, again enjoying being outside, and hopefully nothing stupid would happen this time. When she turned back to Peacock she offered her a smile, and the red head's face pinkened. "Hey, boss... Tell her about being in the gang," Tommy suggested, and Andy smiled. "Oh.. Oh! Yeah, the gang!" she grinned wide. She proudly sat up and opened her mouth, but Avery came from under her hat, and shoved a fake foot in it. Avery and George jumped onto the tablet. "I have a better idea!" Marie covered her mouth to hide her giggling. " SQUEAK! I have a funny story, and George, and Lenny are gonna help me tell it!" Avery announced. Suddenly it felt like an attention contest among them that no one wanted to lose, but in Peacock, Andy, and Tommy's position they had no chose. "One day, the boss was sleeping. OVER sleeping... and she knows I hate it when she does that." Avery wagged it's finger. "It's no use to tell 'er to get to bed, but she's gotta wake up before noon. When it gets to be about 11:30 I get creative!" Avery turned and waved for the little bomb. Peacock quietly whined at some of the memories of Avery's 'creativity', and could only hope the big mouthed bird wasn't going to tell her the most humiliating ones. "I, with some very useful anonymous help, bought up a load of alarm clocks! Now say... this is the boss sleepin'," it said then rolled the bomb off it's feet. Avery took off it's hat and mimicked sitting alarm clock around Peacock's sleeping area. "Each alarm was set to go off one minute after the other. The clocks were set to be off a few seconds from to other in the order they were to go off in," Avery moved into a straight line. "This is the hall..." turns made. "And the other areas..." Avery stopped when she was on the other side of the table to Marie. "Now, these are no normal alarm clocks. The nameless helper of this rigged 'em with bombs!" it said pointing to Lenny, and the big bomb waved. Marie gave a light wave back. "Now the one's in the boss's room weren't bombs, of course." It walked back over to the mini bomb, and put it back on it's feet. "Now, this is the reenactment!" Avery laid down, and George flipped it over. Avery fake sleep-walked to a spot and slammed it's hand down repeatedly in different spots. When it started heading straight the mini get to where it hit and small explosions, and each explosion had a funny cartoony reaction to it! Avery was covered in black dust, with it's bear trap mangled in a different way, at first. Then, it exploded into different forms of famous abstract art. That's when Marie started cracking up, and Lenny moved behind her. When Avery finally got to her the bird was in a daze with it's Argus eyes spinning, and it walked in a very drunken fashion, and fell in Marie's lap. Lenny moved Marie's chain and held her up in the air, and Avery jumped up and yelled "BOOOOOOOOOOOM!" Marie couldn't keep herself from giggling aloud and kicking.

Peacock, Andy, and Tommy just looked up at them. "Those assholes! They planned something without us, again!" Andy sneered down to Tommy. Tommy frowned a little "But, Marie's happy." Peacock laughed a long with her, but not with as much cheer. She didn't like looking stupid, but it was funny, and Marie was happy. Lenny sat them back down, and Avery jumped back on the table. "Oh, wow... That... That really happened?" she asked. "Nope! But, you don't know how many times I've wanted to do it. It would be funny as hell, but dangerous." They all shook hands in a congratulations on successfully making Marie laugh, and even turned that into a joke when Andy and Tommy joined in. Marie laughed again, and even Peacock let out a snicker. She just wanted to see Marie laughing and happy all the time. She through Marie a sentimental expression. "I think they like you," she commented and Marie looked at them. "I think I like them, too," she replied. The waitress brought them their drink orders, with the tablet in a much lighter mood. The had a group idol chit chat, and Peacock used her card to pay when it was over.

"That was funny!" Marie said happily, when they got back. "Aww, yeah..." Peacock reflected on her day: Photos of Marie flexing, panty shoots from a cute server, good food - though it was over priced like any cafe. ALL AROUND GOOD DAY! The best day she's had in a long time. Next time, they could use more violence, though. Marie went to her room to dress down into something more comfortable, and Peacock and her group went to her room. As soon as they got in the door "What is wha'chu?!" Tommy yelled at Avery. "What's wrong with you? No one want's to hear about a gang! She use to be the Skull Girl! She already knows about killin' people! SQUEAK!" Avery countered. "You could've at least let us in on it, Avery," Andy interjected. "I'm more interested in why I'm the butt of joke around 'ere..." Peacock reared in darkly. Avery sighed "Well, come on. Don't we want her to think of ya fawn'dly?" Avery defended easily. The mini bomb whipped out a sign that read "That sounds like you said 'you foundling'." Avery looked over to the sign then gave George a disturbed look and shook it's head, but the bomb had no regrets. "Anyway..." It turned back to Peacock, Andy, and Tommy. "Alright, jeez. I'll think up a better act, next time." "It was a good act, it was just..." Tommy started. "Missing a few actors," Andy finished. "And had a bad plot," Peacock added. "Well, I'd like to see any of you come up with something." Avery said folding it's arms in defense. "Sometime not about violence, with a good plot," it directed to Peacock. "That includes everyone" it directed to Andy and Tommy. "Hearing about gang stuff isn't what's gonna make someone like Marie happy! SQUEAK!" "It not like any of you had any add-ins while we were doing the bit. You could have played along," was written on a new sign held by George. "Alright, alright! Enough of this pointless drama bullshit!" their boss finally yelled. "What's gotten into everyone?" Their was a pause until: "I want Marie's attention," Avery said pointing a thumb to itself. "And I'm willing to do what it takes to get it. You can set here, and whine all you want. I'll be snugglin' in the meanwhile." "And what would you gain from that?" Andy asked. "Peacock and I are more connected than you think." Avery's low serious tone was as rare as it was deadly. Peacock and Avery had their individual sides, but what was at their cores matched. If they didn't Avery wouldn't server Peacock nearly as well as it does. They all looked at Avery in defeat knowing full-well if it weren't for the bird unit they wouldn't exist as they do.

After the dramatic out-burst of the group Patricia decided it was time for a walk outside of the facility, alone! What people said about love was right: It's nothing but FUCKING DRAMA! Wait... Love, huh...? Was that what she wanted? It's not like her and the group have never had disagreements, but this was about a girl's attention! As she walked and thought the truth became more clear, but more sad. She wanted Marie's attention so badly the Avery unit became corrupted with the desire, and it leaked into the weaponry. The only feelings she knew she shared with the others was rage, anger, and blood lust - aside from the sadness of the death of Dr. Avian.

Peacock groaned and slapped her hand over her face. She really needed to get ahold of herself. She walked until she had no idea where she was, though she knew no matter what direction she was going in she was heading toward what use to be Lab 8 on instinct. The place she was currently in was a dump, and the people where scrappy. She ducked out of the line of a patrolling Black Egret, and decided it would be best to keep walk than to stop and ask any of these low life idiots where she was. The sun was about to be completely out of the sky, and it was like this was the town where the creepy's and crawlys were out 24/7, but things could always get worse. "Hey there, little girl. Wanna make some money?" a barely dressed tacky female called over to her from across the street. She wanted to yell something back, but she could tell there was nothing left to offend a women like that. "Where the fuck am I...?" she groaned, as she continued to walk, now over a slumped body in the side walk. "I see Para-bitch can't keep everyone in line, like she thinks she can. I got a good mind to crown 'er again."

After some more walking she finally ended up just outside of Little InnsMouth, and out of the slums. When she found a place to sit her legs started to ache from how long she'd been walking. She took off her hat and sighed, as she rubbed her legs through her dress, bloomers, and boots which wasn't doing much good. She pulled out a lit cigar and started poofing out her sockets. "Why so down, little girl?" a woman said suddenly next to her. The rare event she had her Argus eyes closed someone crept up on her fast! Peacock was too tired to think about how the female could have done it. Her Argus eyes always felt presence, even when they were closed. Peacock jumped, then sneered. "What's it to ya, lady?" she bite at the strange woman. She could tell this female was nothing human, feral, dragionic, or hybrid - yet she had a very humanoid shape. The woman's long straight hair was lite pink, dark pink skin, one lite green eye, and the other lite blue. She was very tall, busty, little waste and hips. She had on glasses, and her clothes were like some weird gypsy. Well, gypsies were considered weird anyway, but this female was a unique weird to it. "I'm just interested in what would make the one powerful enough to beat the Skull Girl so sad, that's all," she replied with a smile. Peacock was slightly taken aback that a woman like this knew about something like that. Was it announced on the news, or something? The whole thing was suppose to be on the 'shush-shush'. "Who are you? What are you?" Peacock asked getting to her feet. "I am... you!" she said and her body burst into a rampage of fleshy tentacles. Peacock activated her boot jets, but not in time. She pulled out her shotgun, and started firing only to still be swallowed by the mass of tentacles into a black and red swirl.

Back at the lab, the others weren't talking to each other, but they were all in the same room watching tv. Suddenly Avery jumped up straight! George looked over to Avery just as it started choking and heaving. "Avery... " Andy looked over, and they all turned to Avery as the bird was having convolutions. "Avery!" They started to panic as George tried to hold Avery. Lenny whacked Andy with a sign that read "Go get help!" Andy ran out not knowing where to go or who to call with most of the lab closed by now. Avery gagged, and started changing colors to a mostly blue and white scheme. "What's goin' on?!" Tommy yelled, as George turned next and they both fainted. Tommy made a run for it, leaving Lenny to be next to change scheme and fall over. He doubted he could escape, but whatever it was moved in an order of closeness, so maybe he could buy time for Andy to find help - if only a few more seconds. Even with comedic cartoon dash Tommy wasn't that fast, and he could feel whatever it was that got the other 3 gaining on him. It caught his rope... Tommy fell over as the new colors overtook his body. Andy found an over night staff desk, but as he ran over to it his legs unwillingly stopped. He looked down as the colors absorbed into him. "HEEEEEEEEEELP!" was all he could yell before he was the last to fall.