Other Fan Fiction ❯ Lad 14 ❯ Pride is as Proud does ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A few nights later Peacock was in her accustomed spot on a brown cough with her arms out and Argus eyes watching the different scenes, as she did in Lab 8. She'd gone back to her normal ways for the most part. While the others were off doing whatever else she, Avery, and George were watching an anime movie. "Huh... What's this... this Cowboy Bebop? This is depressing! What else we have to watch?" Peacock complained. Avery pulled out the remote to turn on the movie menu, continuing to eat popcorn. "Wanna watch some music videos?" Avery went to the music video menu. and George went wild when it was "Cool Guys Don't Like At Explosions" Avery looked over to the bomb, then hit it button. "George wants to watch this one," the bird unit said hitting the play button. "Oh.... kay..." was all Peacock had to say when it was over. She had seen some of the movies in the video, and it was kind of funny, but mostly corny for her taste. Avery just blinked, and looked over to George who was clapping, and making it clear it loves that video.

Avery went back to scrolling the menu, when a horse voice came from behind him. "May I?" the light voice asked, and Avery moved the popcorn without looking at the person. "Sure." George looked back, but didn't do anything. It didn't want to ruin the reaction timing. "Thank you." She took a hand full of popcorn and munched looking at the screen. "There's a full moon out. Want to go look at it?" the voice suggested. "Nah." Peacock waved a bored hand. Avery started to turn around to see who was talking, but the mini bomb pulled it's view forward, and made a hand gesture as the menu continued to scroll. "So, what was for dinner?" the voice asked. "I donno... I ate chips, and candy," Peacock shrugged. "For dinner? Is all you eat junk food?" the voice replied annoyed. "Yeah, and--" Peacock FINALLY unglued her Argus eyes from the screens, and froze. It was a very good thing she looked back before she would have finished a very rude sentence.

"And?" Marie inquired with an annoyed expression, with her hands on her hips. She was dressed in a maid outfit, but it was a modern Eastern dress that came up to above her knees, less puffy shorter sleeves, and it was a dark red dress with a pink apron wider, but less frilly than her last one. Her arms were bare, and a black glove was on the hand connected to the metal cybernetic arm. The eye she lost was replaced with a black cybernetic eye with a red iris to match her other iris. Her bangs was down in front of the new eye. Her legs were bare, with light blue house shoes.

All of Peacock and Avery's eyes were on Marie now. "...huh...?" the redhead asked taking in the sight. "Patricia, you need to eat normal food," Marie said folding her arms. "Uhhuh," Peacock replied with a big sly smirk. "Hmm?" Marie looked back, and spotted a loose Argus eye trying to get a peek up her dress. "Patricia!" Marie grabbed the eye and held it towards it's owner. "Look at yourself!" she huffed then stormed off. "Wait!" Peacock yelled chasing after her. "This is gonna be a loooooooooong summer." Avery said selecting an action movie.

Peacock did enjoy the chase on the steamed Marie. She had a very nice view from behind: soft long skinny legs, no over blown figure, marble white skin. Peacock wiped her flow of drool just before Marie stopped at the end of the hall to hit the elevator button. "Marie, I'm sorry..." she said in her sheepish voice with great attempts to do something about the big smile on her face. She was mostly feeling weak from the naughty thoughts those Asian cartoons she started watching put into her head. That's what she was going to say if she was asked for an explanation! Marie was just irresistible in her new dress. If only there were even less of it! Marie looked back to the girl still annoyed, then turned back. When the doors opened she didn't stop the loud mouth from getting in the elevator with her and pressed the button to the highest floor. When the doors opened they walked into a short hall with a few office doors, and a door at the end. They went through that door, onto a small stair case. Marie held her dress as she went before Peacock, and opened the end door to the roof, with a big glowing moon above them. Peacock had to watch her hat as she came up, as it was windy out that night.

Marie's hands went into the air and she took a deep breathe. "It's lovely out, isn't it?" she said, as Peacock made her way behind her. "Yeah, it's nice," she agreed. She wasn't so much agreeing with the view of the clear sky. Marie was the beautiful one in all 6 of her eyes. Lab 14 was in a position off to the side of the city, so there was a lot to be seen in the view. The albino walked over to the edge of the roof and curled her fingers on the chain fence surrounding them. "Patricia..." she whispered not looking at the other girl. Peacock went over to her, quietly. "I'm going to continue my plans. Thank you for saving me from the Skull Heart," she said offering a sad smile. "Medici still stands, and I must take them down," she vowed glaring towards the Medici Casino. "Well, don't think you're going to bloody up those fools without me!" she countered, pointing her thumb at herself. Marie looked down with a soft small. "I don't know if it would be right for you to come a long. You don't hold the grudge I hold against them," She turned around and leaned on the fence to look up at the moon. "It doesn't matter! I'm gonna to help you!" Peacock protested farther. "Oh, Patricia..." Marie sighed looking over to her. "I thought you died after I ran." "I would've if it weren't for Dr. Avian," Peacock grinned big showing off her bear trap. "But, I'm here, and that's what matters!" she added, putting up a large gloved fist in a victory pose. Marie nodded. "We're here, and that's what matters." She moved closer and kissed Peacock's cheek. Peacock's face turned red, and red heart shaped smoke started coming out of her ears. When Marie pulled back she saw Peacock with big pink hearts coming out of her eye stocks along with the rest of what was going on. Marie paused then giggled with a blush coming onto her face, and she covered it. "You're so...you,"She put her hands behind her back and looked down. What her friend had done to herself was odd, but fitting. At first she wondered why she modeled her Peacock self to look like an old skool cartoon, but now it was very clear. She already knew of the girl's love for cartoons, and for better and for worse it would always fit her personality. "Ya know, this bear trap comes out," Peacock purred with a big sly grin, and wiggled her eye brows. Marie's face became a bright red, but then she got her own idea. "Yeah, all the time, right?" she said, and quickly pulled the trap out herself. "Your friends told me about this. They said you sometimes have a problem keeping them in your mouth. I remember you attacked me with them a few times, didn't you?" she said as she looked over the trap. "It's clean. You must take them out to eat soft food," Peacock came up behind her, and put her arm over her shoulder. "Speakin' of eating somethin' soft--"

The toon town gang suddenly came up to where they were! "Can't we have some privacy?!" Peacock yelled at them. "No, it's time to bed," Andy said. "Then, go to bed!" Peacock yelled waving her fist at the group, but Lenny waddling over and picked her up. "Lady's first," Andy said gesturing to Marie and she nodded thanks to him. She took Avery in her real hand, while still holding the trap in the new hand. Marie kissed Avery's beck, and the little bird fell over with hearts in it's eyes and it's blue head turned red. Marie giggled again, and the others laughed lightly - except Peacock. "I want to keep Avery tonight!" she offered nicely. "By all means, please take that hyper little noise box!" Andy plead to her. "Are you sure?" Tommy asked. "If it's ok with Patricia," she offered, and Peacock looked away for a moment. "Fine," she said with a shrug. "Ok, then. Good night all!" she said handing Andy her bear trap, and departing. "Night!" they all called back. Peacock was still in Lenny's arms, with a very wicked look on her never-was-all-that-innocent-anyway face.

After a walk down a hall, some stairs, and another hall Marie opened the door to her room. Her double sized hospital room didn't have things on the walls, but it was surely more homely than a standard hospital room without on customization in it. She was given a queen size bed, covered in black with white pillow cases, a med-sized blue dresser that was clean on top, and a mid-size flat screen TV on a black TV stand. Her floor was sand color tiled and clean, with some clothes on 2 rolling racks on the other side of the room. Dr. Preston, and Dr. Elise had both put in to buy her, and a few others, some clothes. It was also cold in her room, making the bird ball up in her hands. She didn't say anything but offered a smile before sitting Avery on the bed and going over to change into her night clothes. "So, what's it like being with Patricia?" she asks minkly behind the rack of clothes out of Avery's full view. Avery's mouth twitched in disappointment it couldn't express anymore outwardly. "Peacock is the best boss ever!" the unit announced proudly. Marie giggled before asking "Speaking of 'Peacock' did she come up with that nickname?" "No, that's her project and code name. Dr. Avian came up with it, because her most powerful attack is based on the Peafowl. 'Peacock' is better name than Peafowl, and Peahen. They wouldn't be fitting her someone like her," the bird unit explained and ending with wagging it's finger knowingly. "You're so right! 'Peacock' certainly fits!" Marie's mind jumped to the Argus Agony she used on her in battle, then partly used to kill the SH.

"What was it like before the boss was our boss?" Avery asked as a counter. "Oh..." Marie started and rolled her eyes. "We got off to a bad start... She use to make fun of me, like a lot the others in our class." She stopped and shivered slightly at how cold it was in the room. "Was she the leader?" Avery pressed on. "I think she was. She's always been the pushy type that had to get her way. She'd push her way to the leader of the pack." "Yep! That's the boss! SQUEAK!" Avery confirmed proudly, and sat back on Marie's pillow like it owned the bed. "Haha... Yeah..." she said coming from around the racks wearing a long green robe over pink short pjs, with her midriff and most of her legs showing. She turned off the lights in the room, and when he got to the bed she turned on the TV after a short search for the remote. "I doubt you'd be friends with her carrying on like that. How'd you 2 become friends?" Avery asked. "A group of boys were picking on me, one day. That was day I suddenly jumped up and fought back, but I was weak. She fought all of them off of me with a large stick." "So... the boss suddenly went from bully to body guard. That's weird, for the Peacock we know." "It was weird for the Patricia I knew, as well. It was like an over night change. After that, I didn't have to try to fight for myself. If someone looked at me the wrong way she was going to be in a fight after school." Marie suddenly felt puzzled in her reflection. Putting more thought into it, she recalled Patricia running off boys that just wanted to talk to her. There was a look on her face that stood out for her other expressions when boys came around and got too close for her liking.  

Marie smiled as the removed her robe and got under the covers. The peafowl modeled unit removed it's top hat and snuggled up to her under the covers. "I... guess I can tell you..." Marie started moving to adjust her new arm. Avery looked over to the former Skull Girl 'all ears'. "Patricia was my first kiss. I don't know if she remembers... I doubt she does," Marie finished with a frown. Avery was still on the part where Peacock kissed someone. Peacock. Kissed. Someone! Avery knew there was a Peacock before Peacock, so to say, but even in pre-cyborg days.... PEACOCK KISSED SOMEONE! Good thing Avery didn't need sleep, because this news was -- JUST WOW!

Very much to a certain red headed cyborg's displeasure, her bird fashioned companion had muted the audio of what came through in the transmission. The visual was a little choppy, but she saw what Marie was sleeping in the night. It would have been better if not for the robe! Peacock sighed in her bed in her new white sleeping dress, and gave brief thought to why the sound was muted. Maybe it wasn't Avery's intention, because the visual was messed up, too. "All these tests they've been running, and they can't make sure my bird's working right," she grumbled.

The next morning Marie was walking into the cafeteria with Avery on her shoulder, top hat and all. Peacock had just gotten done eating so Marie made her way to the exiting door. "Hello, Patricia," she spoke in her light morning voice. "G' Morning, Marie!" Patricia replied fully awake. Avery jumped to Peacock's shoulder without needing any kind of notice, but looked at it's owner oddly. Peacock couldn't see the Avery's odd look, because her eyes were farther down, and all 6 of them were locked on Marie, anyway. "Well, I'm going to go get ready for today. I wanted to bring Avery back to you as soon as possible," she said. "Thank you. I'm glad ya did." Because it needs a mechanic or something NOW! With a wave Marie departed, and as soon as she was out of sight Peacock grabbed Avery and rushed to the main part of the lads. When she found Dr. Preston she walked right to her, and handed Avery to her. The young teen's frustration with last night's quality saw clear in how Avery was crumbled in the palm of her large glove. "What's... the problem?" the Doctor asked calmly. "The communication transmission's busted," she grumbled. "Oh, that won't do. Ladies." She called over to her assistants and they took Avery into their care. "We'll have the Avery unit fully operational in short time," the women said in unison and went over to a near by machine. "Umm, Doc, what's with them?" Peacock inquires pointing at the doctors. "What do you mean?" she asks smiling down to her. "Ah, never mind." "What problems are you having with Avery?" "The visual connection was mostly fuzzy, and the audio didn't connect at all," she replied turning her head away with a pout. "When and where did you last try it?" "Here, last night." "In the lab? "No, in the part we're sleeping in now." The doctor cocked her eyebrows up. "...May I ask, why?" Peacock sniffed, still looking away annoyed. "...Test run." "I see. It's good you found this out now, instead of finding it out in a dire situation. I'll call you back here when we're done with the Avery unit." Peacock nodded, and tipped her head before exiting.

Meanwhile, Marie was just starting her daily training routine. She was in a black one piece body suit, with 2 thin white strips on the side. Down the suit's back was black see-through, which on her white skin looked gray. Inside her suit, wear some scenery pads in certain areas for tests. They were in a large white room, with a sectioning of from the test room, and where the scientists were. A powering up noise sounded off, as the lights in both areas brightened, but not too much for the sake of Marie's eyes. "Good Morning, Marie!" Dr. Elise chimed brightly in the intercom mic. "Good morning, Dr. Elise." Marie wiggled a little in her suit. "Is something wrong?" the doctor called to her. "I'm just not use to clothes so tight," she answered. "Oh. There's a lot you're going to have to get use to, as you're a product of science now." "I know." "Let's test out your spine," he said taking has clip board in hand. Marie does some basic stretches, yawning some as she went on. "It's been long enough not having a spine to feel different now," she said a loud. She dropped her head backwards, and put her hands on the floor with her legs still straight down. Dr. Elise and the others checked off things and took notes. "Marie, could you do things like this before you were the Skull Girl?" a different doctor asked. "Yes... It's just been a while." She turned back up, and went forward the same way putting her hands beside her feet. "Do you think she can just respond to what you want her to do, or did she just assume this what you were talking about when you aid 'test your spine'?" a doctor with glasses asked Elise. "I don't know. She's not a stupid girl..." he stated, then took more notes. Marie made a 180 leg split and touched her head to her left leg, then her right. The more she moved in the suit the better is fit to wear. She moved her arms out in front and laid on the cold gym mat in a "T" shape. She took a deep breathe, then put her legs over her head, moving her arms in. crossed her legs over her head, and folded her arms under her head, for support. A flash back of the time she fell asleep in this position make her smile at how funny it was, then wince when she had to come out of the position: Not a highly suggested sleeping pose. Testing her new arm was suddenly a good idea to herself, and she moved her arms, and tried to lift herself in, with her legs in the same position. Fortunately for her, it worked. Other wise, it would have ended in a forward face plant, like so many other of her failed moves. She came out of the position to stand as soon as her flesh arm started feeling sore, but her new arm was so-far-so-good. "Excellent, Marie! I think her spine is great!" Dr. Elise chimed in again. "As do I," she agreed with a nod. "Can you go between your legs and come back around?" a different doctor asked. Marie paused with an odd expression, but moved her legs and did the move, to look out at where the doctors were. She came out of the position, and crossed her arms.

2 hours later after some strength tests, Marie was finally done with her morning tests. Dr. Elise told her they were going to try to make some unique weapons that would be easy for her to use, but it may take a while for them to figure out what she would be accustomed to. Marie was in no hurry for weaponry, but she knew it would be best to not take on the Medici empty handed. If she could get some basic weapons and armor it might be good enough. She had seen her lab work results, and it turned out the the Skull Heart had effected her blood. Maybe she would have the Skull Blood forever, and surely that would have any effect on how easy she would be to kill. She had been shoot, stabbed, and so on since she became SG, and where she didn't think her wounds would instantly heal like they did as SG she still may be able to take more than the average person. Her new arm was made to extend, but aside from those parts it was bullet proof. Dr. Elise said something about adding a parasite to her, but they were mostly in rejection of the idea because of the various mix of side effects that came with parasites. Marie didn't want a parasite, but she knew it would only help as a weapon. Bloody Marie would make her come back in due time, but how much time did she have?

Peacock decided she had be stacked up in Lab 14 long enough, and it was time to go reek some havoc! Or, maybe go see a movie in a theater... whatever. She got an allowance card, so she could finally go out. You can't just tell people to defeated the Skull Girl and get free stuff, for some stupid reason! She already told the others it was finally time for a day off, so they went on about their separate business. Wanting to be more 'low key' she put on a bob cap, and a loose free hanging dark purple dress, and a red bandana tied around her neck. She stuck with her classic big white gloves, and purple thigh high boots. She went for boy shorts instead of the bloomers this time, though. It might be a good day to go get a hair cut. Peacock's her grew out in a way she didn't like when it was getting longer. It was nice weather to boot - great for exploring her new area. She now lived in a part of the city she rarely visited beforehand.

She 'budda-BOOM'd' herself to Marie's door, and knocked on the faux wood white door. "Who is it?" "Peacock!" "Come in." Peacock walked in as Marie was putting on a white tee, facing away from her. Se had on some plain spandex pants, already. She turned to her friend to see that they were already close, as if Peacock rushed up behind her as soon as she closed the door... for some reason. "What are you dressed up for?" her asked in her usual light voice, with a slightly nervous look. "I'm gettin' out of this joint today! Come with?" she offered with a big smile. "I don't know if I should..." the albino said taking hold of her metal limb. "Aww! Why?" Peacock whined, with a pout. " ...I want the people that think I'm dead to keep thinking that," she answered with narrowed eye brows. "Well, you're not dead, so you gotta live a little!" She put her hand up. Marie looked into Patricia's eye sockets. "Will you run boys away from me?" she teased with a soft smile. "Ah..." she blushed at the question, and then grinned with as make bear trap as she could show. "But, of course!" she answered very smug, putting one hand on her hip, and her other on Marie's back. "Ok, I'll get dressed." The leggy albino closed her eyes and walked past Peacock to get to her clothes. Peacock's smirk got sharper, as she sat on the bed. "Down, Peacock! Down, girl!" Peacock thought to herself as Marie disrobed behind the racks. She couldn't stop herself from drooling, and giving Marie the most perverted look while she was looking through her clothes. Marie changed into a red long sleeve bottom up, a plain black knee length skirt, knee high black socks, and black thin sneakers. It wasn't the sexiest outfit Peacock could think of, but then again, she didn't want to go out just to fight stupid boys off Marie the whole time they were out.

As soon as they were outside Peacock grabbed Marie's hand before she could put on her shades. Marie did her best to ignore the 'beings' staring at them as they went. As inhuman as many of the things around them were maybe 6 big red eyes on someone's arms did stand out. Or, maybe it was 2 girls that weren't little kids holding hands. It's not like being homo was anything uninvited to the country, thanks to Parasoul's famous coming out 'presentation'. She was a very dramatic 16 year old, at the time, and the moment was deemed entertaining enough to go down in the country's history - much to her dismay in the present. Everyone had basic knowledge of different sexual orientations, and gender ids and expressions, and they were also equal in the kingdom. There were some not-so-friendly-areas, however, and it was possible they were in one of them. Marie let her bangs hang over her shades as she looked at the people looking at them. She looked around, trying to avoid there glances, but to no avail. She had to admit, there was a lot to look at. When she ran away, it was dark and she was very afraid of everything around her. She rarely went out in the day while she was SG, so that's what Valentine was for. She only knew her way to the people she was to kill, and she had no sense of direction for the area.

Just when the though of everyone looking at them was out of her head, Peacock was feed up with the fools. "I'd like to know what these maroons are staring at!" she yelled then looked around. They stopped, and are Peacock turned are face and eyes to everyone most of them were smart enough to look away. "Ain't' you girlies a little old to be walkin around unattended to, holdin hands?" some rough neck called over to them. It was a tall shark headed guy in full greaser swag, including the large pompadour. The had a mixed crew of 5 other goons with him, to make things worse. Even though I few of them were tall, it was for their age. The group looked young - maybe only a few years older than the 13 year olds they were addressing. "Patricia...?" Marie looked over to the shorter girl, who was ready and raring to fight. "What's it to ya, fish face? Get outta he' before I make sushi outta ya!" she said stepped up to the group. "Haha! Tough guy, ah?" a lesser member said. "Call me in a few years, babe. Right now, ya nothin'." another said behind the shark. " 'Nothin' '?! I'LL SHOW YOU 'NOTHIN' '!" Patricia stomped over to them, then slammed her foot down when she was close enough. A board with a spring pad appeared under the gang of pukes and lunged them high into the air. Peacock cackled at their surprised yelled then pulled a cigar from an empty eye socket. She took a sharp drag, and she blew out the smoke flicked it at where the group landed. On impact the ground blew up, sending the group into the trees. "Good ol' exploding cigar! Alright, now who's stupid enough to be next?!" she yelled then looked around. Everyone was smart to duck out of her wide range of view this time around. "Patricia," Marie called over to here with disappointment written on her. "What? You heard them call me 'nothin' '! I'm far from nothin'!" she proclaimed as she sneered. "You don't think that was over board at all, do you?" she countered in a stern tone. "I'm not gonna let idiots insult me," she kept her sneer, and crossed her arms, almost daring Marie to protest farther. There wasn't much Marie could say that wouldn't count for herself. She closed her eyes and looked away to think of something to say, and just then she spotted some characters she recalled Valentine telling her were Medici underlings. "You're right," she turned to the red head, who accordingly nodded and smirked. "There's nothing too harsh."

They went on about the day, with Peacock leading the way. Marie was mostly quiet, as if in deep thought, but she knew to talk enough to keep Peacock from thinking about it. Peacock knew she wasn't a long winded person, but if she had something to say it would be said. Marie was thankful Peacock wanted to see an action movie. She didn't care too much for them, so she had a lot more time to think without her loud mouth companion chiming in to break her thoughts. It was well into the afternoon when Peacock finally wanted to settle down to eat, after her hair cut. As Peacock went on about the movie scenes Marie ate her salad and agreed with whatever Peacock said, still in thought. "Marie, what's wrong with you?" Peacock finally said tired on Marie's dull reactions. "I don't care much for those kinds of movies." "Well, why didn't you say something?" "Because, when a movie comes out that I want to see you owe me." She took a spit of her drink with a light smile. Peacock saw only speechless for a moment, thinking about the kind of bad cheesy romance movies Marie might want to see. "Well, what have you been thinking about this whole time?" she egged on. "Myself... I only think about myself." Peacock frowned with annoyance to the answer. "About what, though?" "The future, I guess." "Well, could you be more here with me... please?" She could tell Peacock was a little sad about where this conversation might be going. She signed sitting up to face Peacock directly. "Patricia... You think you'll be able to beat the next Skull Girl." "The next Skull Girl? Yeah, I'll beat 'em all! That's what I was made ta' do! I'm the strongest there is!" She grinned, and punched her fist into her palm. "I know." After that Marie was ready to go, so they left without farther hesitation.