Other Fan Fiction ❯ Lad 14 ❯ A Great Wait ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Almost an hour later, the crew lead by Dr. Indi Preston went into the church to rescue Marie. By this time they arrived, Marie was laying a cross a stone, and Peacock's gang looked worried. "What happened?" Peacock rushed over to them. "We donno, boss. She was fine, and she just stopped movin' all o'va sudden," Tommy said. "Avery Unit, you said these things were supporting her life now. If they're glowing does that mean they're working?" Dr. Preston asked concerned. "As far as we know, yes. It's reasonable that she would sleep to save, or store up some energy." The Unit replied. "Understood. Boys!" say called out, and they collected what was left of the unmoving Bloody Marie into a body sized ice chest. Before closing it, they put a nicely sized device on the back of her head. The assistants collected samples to the green veins, and took pictures of the room while the body was being gathered. "We have very little time! Get her back quickly!"  The crew with her body left, but she some others stayed. Valentine's body was also collected into an ice chest, but Double's body was gone.

"What now, boss?" Andy asked, confused by the turn of events. "We'll have to stay at Lab 14 for a while," she answered pulled out a lite cigar. "They took the nurse's body, but that thing we killed isn't there anymore," Tommy informed her. "It doesn't matter," she said as smoke smoothly oozed from both eye sockets. "Ahh... Boss... you worried?" Andy asked getting a little closer to Peacock. She looked over to him as she inhaled, then looked away as she exhaled smoke from her bear trapped mouth - instead of her sockets. She exited the room without a word, and they quietly  followed up the stairs. "You all go to Lab 14, and make sure they don't mess Marie up," she ordered, and the cronies left her side, knowing better than to argue. With the exception of Avery, however. The Avery Unit was made to directly assist Peacock, and it stayed true to what it was meant for! It won't dare leave her at a time like this. Trying to make Avery leave would only result in a shouting match Peacock was far from in the mood for, so she left the bird be.

Peacock was complied to revisit what was left of Lab 8. She took what she could find related to her designs, and processed to give Dr. Avian a make-shift burial. "Thanks for everything, Doc," she whispered in a rarely used tone of peacefulness. The cyborg couldn't stop the tears flowing from her eye sockets. Dr. Avian did more for her than she thanked him for, in life. He was annoying, but sweet. She would be a thrown away mutilated corpse, today, if it weren't for him. She didn't remember much about her parents, but the few memories she had weren't very good. He may have been better than the people that brought her into this world. She didn't even want to think about how things would be if the slavery hadn't happened, and she would have been stuck with her parents. This world was so ugly, it was hard to see anything beautiful... until Marie... First sight of the albino girl hit her like a cut stage sandbag. The girl was very much into Lolita, and looked like a maid for her age. At first Patricia teased her, as did some other children, but when she saw it was driving her away she suddenly stop. She went from casing Marie with bugs, and lizards - to holding her hand as they walked together, and chasing boys and bullys away from her. It was funny to the present day cyborg how she could recall her days with Marie much more clearly than her parents, but she had no problems with that.

Peacock waited until sun rise to return to the lab. It would be hard to wait on Marie with all the commotion, but she knew some of it was still going on as more test subjects came in. Peacock was pointed around to the waiting area for where Marie was being worked on. The whole process of what she would need wouldn't be fast, but they should've been able to get her something to breathe with. At the same time, what did they do with Valentine's body?

As the days pasted other projects were sorted, and the housing that they had been working for years was ready for them to be moved in. By order of Dr. Preston, Peacock and a few others  were to stay in the lab for various reasons. It was a long wait for the worried toon gang. For the most part, Peacock was able to refuse anything that would take her far from where Marie was being worked on. A lot of test where done on Avery and her crew, which also made her uncomfortable. As the days dully blinded together, she stopped bothering to change out of her new pjs at some point. When days started turning into weeks, she had to ease off the sitting in the waiting room, and trust them to know what they're doing without the worry that with one wrong move Dr. Avian's most powerful and successful creation would bust in there and show them what peacocks are so proud of.

A month was almost up by the time Peacock was ready to break down some doors to see what was taking so long. They weren't telling her much, and she started having bad dreams of things going wrong. Or they were taking long, because they were committing horrible experiments on her! Her gang was all that could keep her ripping everything apart, but they feared the soon expiration of being able hold the redhead cyborg back. "Peacock," Dr. Preston came up to Peacock and her crew while they were eating in the cafeteria. "I heard you were worried about your friend, so I've come baring good news," she said calming. Peacock didn't have her trap in, so she just moved over so the doctor could sit next to her. They all greeted the pretty doctor, and she smiled to them. "She'll be done very soon. We had to replace everything in her torso - organs, bones, muscles, fat, and skin. Come to floor l - 2, and go to room A-B around 6 o' clock tonight if you want to she her today." Peacock beamed in a way her group hadn't seen her beam in long time! She nodded with her mouth full of short food. The doctor patted her on the head as she got up, and waved to the others as she departed. By 6 pm, Peacock was dressed in casual clothes, and she and her gang were down where the doctor said to be. They opened the large doors to a dark room with a low red glow coming from large vats. They walked looking around at the other subjects in the vets. "This is... pretty creepy," Andy commented. "Yeah, but as long as Marie's safe --" Peacock came to a sudden stop which made the others run into each other, and bump her. She turned a short glare to them, then gave a short run a vat. She smiled big at finally seeing Marie again! Marie was missing an arm, but other than that she was repaired. She had cords coming from her should socket, and back. She was clearly naked in the large tube, but something attached to the vat was covering some select spot of the outside to block off view to parts she was modest about.

Peacock couldn't hide her disappointment, but she had to shorten it. "Well, boss?" Tommy said breaking the silence. "She's alright, I guess. Doc doesn't seem like she's stupid enough to invite me to see Marie if this wasn't the best they could do." Peacock circled the vat slowly, then looked at the others when she got to the other side of them. "SQUEAK! Marie, can you hear us?" Avery called out, but no response. "Don't these things usually have a mic?" Tommy said heading over to the vat's control panel. "I've seen it in some sci-fi movies, boss. Some of these things have a mic, so ya'z can talk to someone in the vat, cause it's too thick to hear from outside." The all walked over to the control panel. It was a small panel but with a lot of button, switches, and knobs on it.George started pointing and hopping at something. On the side of the panel was a 3.55 mm jack, and volume controls. "Great job! Now for the mic!" Peacock cheered, and pulled her own of of her socket. She plugged it in and adjusted the volume. "Marie. Marie, can you hear me?" Peacock asked, but no response. "Maybe she's asleep," Andy commented. Some powering down sounds starting sounding off, and the red glows of the vats dimmed. "Argh... We'll have to wait 'til tomorrow!" Peacock shrugged in defeat. It wasn't the heavy defeat of the past weeks. She could at least walk out with new hopes of Marie's condition.

As Peacock sat in the cafeteria eating her breakfast while the gang slept in, she thought about last night. She couldn't help but think Dr. Preston told them to go right before that part of the lab was going to shut down for a reason. Maybe this doctor was the only one she could trust there. She was no Dr. Avian, and it was still Lab 14, but it was much better than nothing. Peacock got dressed, and waiting until just before lunch to head to room A - B. Now that she knew where it was she used her teleporting power to get there. She popped into the room, accompanied by Avery and walked up to Marie's empty vat. Avery and Peacock shared a glance to each other, and looked back to the vat. As much as the girl wanted to fuss and cuss she could do all that later. She popped out of the room to the hospital ward, where Marie had been weeks before hand. The room where Marie was had been emptied and cleaned for the next person to use it.

As Peacock made her way down the hall to find someone to help her she also ran into someone. "Hey, Wa-- ah, " she started to yell without looking, but the sight cut her short. A tall male redheaded doctor with blue eyes, wearing all white holding a clip board was holding Marie's flesh hand. She had a new arm, that was covered in bandages to her shoulder. The covered arm was pulling an oxygen tank connected to a mask covering the lower half of her face. She had hair hanging over her eyes. "Oh, you must be the great Project: Peacock!" The doctor seems excited to see her. "Yeah, I am! Good to see another smart person around here!," she said folding her arms with a cocky smirk. "I'm Dr. Elise. It's an honor to finally meet the successful project that killed the Skull Heart! I know you're interested what's left of what use to be the SG," he said looking down to Marie. "She has a new arm that we have to run tests on, but she should be back to herself soon!" he proudly announced. "Hey, I think I like this guy," Peacock said over to Avery, gesturing at him with her gloved thumb. "Marie is--!," he started but Marie started to move away from him. "Huh?" he stared at her as she slowly made her way to Peacock. The senior cyborg didn't move as she stared as well. "She's not suppose to be able to move on her own like that yet. Amazing!," he yelled in excitement, and wrote notes on his clipboard.

Peacock smiled as Marie made full connect with her and the free arm made it's way around her neck. Avery jumped under Peacock's hat, blushing. Peacock didn't feel like "Peacock" while this was happening. She was suddenly normal, loud mouthed Patricia with her around her, as well. When she closed her Argus eyes it was easy for everything and everyone else to go away. Avery, Dr. Elise, Dr. Preston, Lab 14... All that mattered was Marie being in her arms. Patricia felt their hearts beating together, making her warm inside. "Marie..." Patricia muttered to her, but she didn't know it was out loud in Marie's ear. The albino moved her head slightly in reaction to hearing her name.

"Umm.. As sweet as this is, Marie has more tests. I believe you're scheduled for some tests today, as well, Peacock." Peacock was back in the real world with a glare to meet the doctor. "You 2 will be playing together again, soon!" he said offering his hand to Marie. She looked at it before taking it and they headed off. Marie turned to look a Peacock while she was still in view. Peacock was annoyed, but didn't have a sense of worry about Marie being with this doctor.