Other Fan Fiction ❯ Lad 14 ❯ Those USELESS Idiots?! ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
After Peacock destroyed the Skull Heart she turned around to face what was left of the former Skull Girl. The green glowing veins that held the villains she had captured had formed their way to help her remain stable as she sat herself up. "Patricia... I didn't want it to end this way," Marie said with regret drowning her voice. Peacock walked over to her, and helped her up. The green bold veins crept their way onto her dress as she moved her. Marie looked into where Peacock's eyes use to be, and she wondered if her friend remembered... She was so conflicted on wither or not she wanted her to remember, but she remembered. After gaining the Skull Heart she didn't need to sleep, but her mind would idly drift off allowing the scene to replay, as a reminder of the few good times they had together during slavery. Peacock smirked in response to being stared at. It was sort of an admiring thing. Avery took this as the right time to pop out of the top of it's master's top hat. "SQUAWK! Peacock! We can take her to Lab 14!" the little mechanic-bird announced. "Lab 14?" Peacock repeated in confusion, then winced throwing an irate look to the bird. "Those useless idiots!?" She grumbled. "Lab 8's gone! 'Those useless idiots' are all we have! SQUAWK!" Avery replied, just as annoyed with the situation. "Umm... what...?" Marie felt the need to be in this conversation happening so close to her. "Lab 14 can fix you!" Avery replied. Marie looked at her friend's hopeful smile, then frowned as she looked behind her to the bold veins connecting her to those she took revenge on. She looked up to the walls and the ceiling at what was left of the bodies. If she stayed she would soon be one of them, but for now they were sustaining her. "I ... It doesn't seem like I can leave. I'm feeding off what left of these corpses."

It didn't take have long for Peacock to become frustrated with this situation. Avery has always been more connected to Peacock than she would have wanted to think. As Peacock "infected" the Avery unit to do her toony bidding, it started being able to feel other aspects of her. Sometimes, it was like a mature side that she wanted to hide. "If we can find them in time, they'll be able to help you. They're no Lab 8, but they're good enough," Avery offered to the dismayed girl. Marie looked back to Avery and smiled. "Ok," she finally replied. Under her soft smile was the freezing doubt that she would be able to move by the time they got back. She didn't fear death, but trying with this Lab 14 would mean being with Patricia - if they succeeded. "Well, wha'er we waitin' for?!" Tommy jumped in. "The more the merrier!" Andy gladly backed him up, and the bombs were already excited about a new gang member! "We'll be right back!" Andy said starting to head out. "Hold it! SQUAWK! It's us that have to go to Lab 14." Avery protested. "It might be a good idea for all of us to go, in case that want to give you a hard time," Andy replied, frowning. "If something happens we'll be able to handle those nim-robs on our own! The rest of you stay here with Marie," The redhead had to withdraw from Marie, making the green veins peel off of her. "Alright boss!" Andy agreed as the others took place beside Marie. As soon as Avery and Peacock were gone they started telling her about all the wonderful benefits of being a Town Toon Crony!

Using her boot jets and helicopter top hat it didn't take Peacock long to get to Lab 14. As much as she wanted to forget where it was, Avery had it installed into it's programming in case something happened to the other labs. It knew were all the labs were located, but Lab 14 would be the quickest to help them. Peacock lowered herself to an entrance way similar to Lab 8, and once a computer identified her and the Avery Unit they were allowed in. Peacock wasn't a favorite there, nor did she have any favorites in the facility. She wasn't the easiest person to get along with, anyway. She thought of them all as hopeless nerds, and avoided connected with them as much as possible. It was painful to have to ask them for help! "Welcome, Project: Peacock. We've been awaiting your arrival," a female voice greeted her in the plain, gray entrance way. A convator belt in the middle of the narrow room started moving, and with a bored sigh Peacock got on with Avery on her shoulder. "Did you succeed in defeating the Skull Girl?" the voice asked. "What's it to you? Who are ya, anyway!?" the girl growled waving her fist. "Squawk! Peacock, cool it!" Avery warned her. She knew they were about to ask for their help. Even if she didn't like it, she would have to play nice, for now. Peacock fumed some, but the steam release helped for her calm down. "The Skull Girl has been... relieved of the Skull Heart." Avery answers for her. " 'Relieved', meaning?" "The Skull Heart has been destroyed, and the girl that was it's host survived. She is no longer the Skull Girl, so there's no more need to pursue her." A pause, then "Understood."

Large wall doors opened up at the end of the slow belt to a test area in the facility. Even this late at night people were running around. "Project: Peacock..." a soft voice said coming up behind them. "Rx1," Peacock's looked at her fellow test subject surprised. She was still alive after what happened to Lab 8. The girl was taller, and a few years older than Peacock. Her long hair, inside her mouth, and eyes had turned black from her experiments, and she had bandages covering her from the neck down. She wore a plain light blue hospital robe over herself, and black thin sandals. "A lot of us are here. More survived the chaos, than I thought. There might be more to come, and it's possible some went to the other labs....if they could make it that far. We might not be here long, due to lack of proper housing." "Which is one of many reasons why they suck! But, right now... my friend needs their help." Peacock started to walk off from the taller female. "Friend?" Rx1 looked after her, but didn't follow.

Peacock walked up to the first doctor she wasn't not moving around, and pulled on his lab coat. "Hey, you! My friend needs help!" The black hair man looked down to her. "Where?" "At the cathedral." "The church... why?" Why? How dare he ask 'WHY?'! As the hero, there should be no questions to anything Peacock has to ask of anyone! Especially in a lab which she rules as the greatest creation of them all! Steam was once again coming out of Peacock's ears "Are you kidding?! Do you know who I am?!" she yelled so loudly it got everyone's attention. "I do," a female said walking over to them. She was a tall women with light brown skin, and light blue hair in a pony tail. She had an average figure, and wore modest clothes under her lab coat. With her were 2 shorter tan skinned female assistants following her, both very lovely. "How may I help you, Project: Peacock?" "Finally! Someone with some brains!" Peacock turned and went on to disregard the man. "My friend is the former Skull Girls. If we don't go help her, she'll die!" she explained. "And, what would be the condition of this girl?" she asked as her assistants started taking notes. "Her chest was eaten out, from what we could tell," Avery answered. "The SH replaced the vital organs in her torso. Her brain doesn't seem to have suffered any damage from the Heart, however." "How is she surviving?" the doctor asked with a wary expression. "While she was SG she killed people in the mafia. She's using some sort of back up ability to draw energy from what's left of their bodies," The Avery Unit responded. "Ladies," she called attention to her assistants. "Prepare the needed arrangements. Full up the vans." "They're at the Grand Trinity Cathedral," came from an annoyed Peacock.