Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Another Beginning ❯ looking back ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Ouran High school Host Club and Inuyasha…so please don't sue
 
Chapter 1
 
Flashback
 
“I got what?!!”, Kagome's voice echoed through the whole house.
 
“Well honey, you did pass the entrance exam. And since the shard hunt is over, I figured that sending you to highschool wouldn't be bad”, Mrs. Higurashi said.
 
“But how mom? I mean, I was always absent and seriously, my grades were only passing that's why I managed to at least graduate junior high”.
 
“I know, but you did take the entrance exam and you passsed, though I know it's late I talked to the school secretary and she said that they'll be happy to have you. Sweetheart, I know if it weren't for your absences I know you would've graduated with honors,” her mother argued.
 
Kagome sighed, “Well, I still don't believe it, but I am happy that I can get into highschool and with a scholarship too.”
 
Mrs. Higurashi wrapped her arms around her daughter and gave her a warm hug, “I'm so proud of you Kagome.”
 
“Thanks mom”, she managed to answer.
 
Kagome was still staring at the admission letter reading it for the nth time. “I still don't believe it”, she said. Her eyes wondered again on the words. It said:
 
To Kagome Higurashi
 
Greetings,
 
You have been accepted to the prestigious Ouran highschool. The result of your entrance exam were high enough to earn you a scholarship. However, you should at least maintain your average to a minimum of 87%. We have full trust in you that you can sustain this quota. Through this, I know we can unlock your true academic potential.
 
Secretary of Student Affairs
OURAN HIGH SCHOOL
 
Kagome lied on her stomach and burried her face on her pillow and screamed. She turned to her side and took a deep breath and exhaled. This is it Kagome. Time to get back to the real world. This is your world. This is where you belong. But still…..”
 
It has been 3 months since the final battle ended. And here she was now, as if what she experienced was only a dream. No evidence whatsover of the entire event. She can still remember how they battled Naraku. She couldn't even believe that at that time Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha joined forces in order to eliminate the enemy.
 
The battle was bloody and tiring. Sango fought her brother Kohaku while Miroku battled demons, unable to use kazana because of the poisoned insects. Kouga was fighting with Kagura. Jaken and shippou managed to find Kanna and tried to battled with her. Meanwhile, Kohaku broke out of Naraku's spell. He then left Sango who went and helped Miroku in battle.
 
Kohaku found Shippou and Jaken and helped them. While Kanna was distracted, Rin saw this as an opportunity and destroyed Naraku's heart by stabbing the infant with a dagger.
 
In the end, they won. Kagome's arrow and Kikyou's penetrated Naraku then a follow up attack from Inuyasha's bakuryuha and Sesshoumaru's souryuha combined.
 
Kagome took Naraku's part of the jewel and combined it with hers. The remaining shards were with Kouga and Kohaku. She didn't ask for them to return the shards. She handed the jewel to Kikyou though it breaks her heart to know what will happen next. And at that moment, she began glowing bright pink.
 
She was slowly disappearing.
 
Inuyasha and the others didn't know what to do to keep her from fading. She heard Kikyou speak about her mission finally over and that it was time for her to go home.
 
Inuyasha ran to her and tried to hug her, but it was no use. He just ran through her as if she was only an illusion. She was crying. She was unable to hold back her tears. Sango and the others were also crying. Sesshoumaru and Kikyou stood and witnessed the whole thing with their stoic faces.
 
She was fading now. Inuyasha came up behind her and tried to hugged her. He too was crying, saying sorry for everything he has done, saying thank you for everything she has done. He whispered that only she can hear.
 
If only things were different. If only we were at the same era. If only I didn't promise Kikyou I'd go to hell with her. You're the first person who trully accepted who I am, a Hanyou. You made me your companion, a friend. Because of you, I learned to trust others and to trust myself; I learned to be patient and compassionate of others. I found a place where I trully belong . If only I can stay like this and be forever with you. I I love you so much Kagome”.
 
And with that she disappeared.
 
The next thing she knew she woke up under the Goshinboku tree. Remembering all that have happened, she closed her eyes and cried all her heart out. Raindrops started to fall from the sky until it rained so hard. The heavens must be crying with her as well, she thought. She entered her house soaking wet. Her mother was worried when she saw her and hugged her immediately. She knew that it was over, knew that her daughter was hurting inside.
 
Tears were now silently flowing from her eyes as she reminisced. She heard a knock from her door and immediately sat up, wiping her tears away. “Kagome dear?”, her mother said. “Yeah mom”, she answered. “Dinner's ready”. “Okay mom”, she replied. Standing up, she wiped the remaining tear stains on her cheeks and checked herself on the mirror. She can't have her mom worry again. And with that, she exited her room and headed downstairs for dinner.
 
To be continued…………