Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Another Beginning ❯ Cousin! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5
 
“KOME-CHAN?”
 
“TAKI-KUN?”
 
Tamaki was shocked but nevertheless walked over to Kagome and asked. Meanwhile, Kagome also couldn't help but ask. So they said in unison,
 
“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?”
 
“ANSWER MY QUESTION”
 
“QUIT COPYING ME”
 
Of course, everyone in the room was shocked upon seeing that the two know each other but they just kept their mouths shut and watched. However, Haruhi was wide-eyed with shock the same as Kyouya.
 
“KAGOME HIGURASHI”, Tamaki said in a commanding tone his hands in his hips, “What are you doing here? And in that uniform?”
 
Kagome was at a loss of words. She can't think of any answer to say. Shit here goes nothing.
 
She smiled sweetly to Tamaki and said, “It's sort of a long story actually”
 
Tamaki looked incredulously at Kagome and replied , “Try me”
 
Meanwhile everyone was holding their breaths. It's the first time they saw their king actually being serious while talking to someone, and to the new guy nonetheless.
 
“Do you remember my 15th birthday?” Kagome said to Tamaki
 
“If that's the day,correct me if I'm wrong, when after a few days you called me saying frantically that and I quote `something happened but can't tell me' then yes”, he answered.
 
“Well that `something' is a bit of a prelude to why I am here”
 
“And that `something' will be?”
 
“Uhm…its…you see…I mean…”
 
“Kagome Higurashi” Tamaki frustratingly said and sigh deeply
 
“Ahhh”, Kagome whined, “I hate it when you say my full name in that tone”
 
“It's because you're not answering any of my questions”
 
Kagome huffed, “it's complicated”
 
“How complicated can it be?” Tamaki dared
 
“Shit…Ki-chan”, Kagome said exasperated, took Tamaki by the wrists and dragged him out of the room slamming the door on their way out. The others just looked at the slammed doors trying to absorb what just happened.
 
Kagome led Tamaki in the staircase where no one usually goes by and confronted him. Tamaki on the other hand looked at Kagome and said, “Now would you tell me what's going on?”
 
Kagome took a deep breath and started to explain everything and I mean everything. She tried her best to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall desperately off her eyes that her throat began to ache. She started from the day of her birthday when she was captured by a youki centipede and been saved by a silver haired boy with the cute puppy ears to the part when they got separated after they defeated the evil hanyou. She didn't tell Tamaki how she fell in love with the hanyou and how complicated their feelings were for each other since there was another one involved. She also skipped the part when Inuyasha whispered his final words to her. She didn't want to complicate the story. Her listener on the otherhand, was wide-eyed with shock as he listened to her unbeliveble stories. Tamaki tried to cut her off saying that it's impossible to have holy powers. Kagome disproved him by showing her hands. She concentrated her powers on her hands and they began to glow bright pink. Tamaki's jaw dropped at the sight of her glowing hands. After a few minutes, he started to shake his head saying that he always knew something about her was weird and started to chuckle. Kagome was glad that he understood and thanked him for not casting her away. He just looked at her with a soft smile and patted her head, saying that it's not problem at all.
 
Tamaki then asked why she was here. She then explained that she passed the entrance exams and got a scholarship.
 
“Okay, I got that. But why are you wearing a guy's uniform?”, he asked.
 
“Because your girl's uniform is horrifying”, she answered flatly.
 
“No it's not”, Tamaki said and began explaining dramatically, “that uniform is a symbol of femininity, of ladyness, of womanhood. You should be proud to wear that dress for it hide amplifies your beauty and exudes elegance—“
 
“Amplies beauty and exudes elegance? Ki-chan for crying out loud! That uniform is dreadful. Even if the whole world crumbles, I am not wearing one of those puffy garbs…”
 
“Even if I say pretty please?”
 
“Even if you add sugar and marshmallows on top, I'm still not wearing it!”
 
“But they'll think you're a guy”
 
“They already do”
 
“What? But you're a girl…and how did you conceal your chest?”, Tamaki questioned. Kagome told him that she wrapped her chest so the uniform wouldn't look awkward and also told him how her teacher addressed and introduced her to the class as a he. She told him that it might be a fun idea and besides, she's not the only one doing it.
 
“Wha…What do you mean your not the only one?” Tamaki nervously asked
 
“Fujioka, Haruhi”, Kagome replied with a smirk
 
“What about Haruhi?” Tamaki said coolly.
 
“She's a girl” Kagome said in a matter-of-fact tone
 
“She's not a girl…she's ah uh, I mean…”
 
“Ki-chan, I already saw her aura and it's bright pink. Only girls have that kind of color. And besides, it's kinda obvious from her looks actually. It surprises me that nobody could truly tell that she's a girl”
 
Tamaki sighed in submission. He then told Kagome of how they all met Haruhi for the first time and how they totally mistaken her for a guy. Until she broke an expensive vase and was know paying it off by working as a host. He also told her of their club activities and how “natural” Haruhi was in entertaining girls. Though nobody ever sensed or know of Haruhi's secret, they chose to keep her identity hidden for her to stay in the club for one, to pay her debt and two, they also liked being with her. After their delicate talk grateful that nobody was around and heard their conversation, he then asked Kagome if he was going to introduce her as a guy. Kagome just shrugged and told him that they should let them believe what they want to believe unless her cover was discovered. She wouldn't want to lie to them. But she did tell Tamaki that he shouldn't use precise pronouns so that while keeping her secret, he wouldn't be lying as well. Tamaki agreed with her terms and told her that they should go back now.
 
Inside the music room, everyone was sitting quietly, pretending to do something when in reality, they can't wait for the two to return and hear their explanation for their actions. After a good 30 minutes (yep, it was a long talk), Tamaki and Kagome entered the room.
The King cleared his throat indicating that he was going to say something. Everyone in the room waited for his announcement.
 
“I'm sorry everyone about earlier. It seemed that I wasn't informed that there was a new student. Apparently, I happen to know the person who is standing beside me and whom I would like everybody to personally meet .” He paused and looked at Kagome who just smiled at him. He then turned to the others again and said,
 
“Everyone, I would like you to meet Kagome Higurashi MY COUSIN.
 
 
------------------
 
TO BE CONTINUED………..