Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Shades of Blue ❯ Not the Life I Ordered ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter One
Tuesday, August 28 (Handicapped Stall of Tokyo Airport Bathroom)
While I was on the plane I had a dream. It was more of a memory, but anyway I was young. Maybe 6-ish and while my mother's second husband (Bill) was at work, Mom ordered pizza.
They must not have heard her order "pineapple," because the next thing I knew Mom answered the door and saw a sausage pizza.
"This is not the life I ordered!" Mom screamed at the pimply teenager and broke down right at the door.
I ran over to her rescue and yelled, "Leave my mommy alone!" And kicked him in the shin.
After slamming the door in his face I went to my mother and tried to comfort her with my tiny hands. She was so pretty, even when she cried, but what she said went through my head again.
"Didn't you mean 'pizza,' Mommy?"
"No," she said hugging her knees. "This is not the life I wanted."
I stared up at her with big eyes starting to get really confused. "Then what do you want?"
"Yuzuru," she whispered. "Yuzuru Suoh."
"Tell me a story, Mommy," I said sitting next to her. "About somebody named Yuzuru and the most prettiest, prettiest, most perfect prettiest lady in the world who likes pineapple pizza."
My mother smiled and wipped her smearing mascara, "No, Indigo, honey. Maybe when you're older."
"A hint?"
"He broke Mommy's heart."
"But I thought if your heart was broken, you died."
She just smiled and shook her head, "No, baby. He was someone Mommy loved a lot."
"Like Bill?"
"More."
"Like me?"
"Less."
A stupid grin spread across my face.
"But he didn't love Mommy."
Jumping to my feet, I was outraged, "What?! He's stupid, Mommy! Why-?!"
But she only waved me away, "Shhh, honey. It's all right. It's over now. Save that for when you meet him. Okay?"
"Fine," I huffed, puffing out my cheeks.
"Besides, Mommy has Bill now. Don't you like Bill?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"He's weird."
"How so?"
"He has a magazine with naked guys kissing, isn't that weird, Mommy?"
"Wha..."
Now that I think about I guess the second divorce was more or less my fault, but whatever.
I wanted to write this down to make sure I never forget it ever again. My life is ridiculous and stupid, I mean, I don't even know my father's name, but so is Mom's. Even someone as beautiful and perfect as she is has issues.
God, that makes me so mad and sad. I'm smad.
Oops, there's someone outside the bathroom.
Gotta go.

Exiting the bathroom, I was slightly ashamed of myself when the wheelchair-girl glared at me, but focused on wheeling my luggage through the hectic crowds.
It took a minute or two of getting hit by people and almost run over by a trolley that I realized I had no idea where I was going. Stopping in the middle of the mob was a big mistake seeing I was slammed into. Hitting the floor, all my things toppled over me.
Laying on the floor groaning, I was snarled at by a man, "Watch it!"
Furious, I stuck out the handle of my bag and watched him sail to the ground, "You watch it!"
He got up and shot me a look before muttering, "Damn foreigner."
I was offended and about to shout something but he walked off before I got the chance. "That's right, you better run," I whispered. Sighing, I closed my eyes and laid back on the ground.
It must have looked strange, a foreign-looking girl with curly, knotted crap-colored hair and tanned, yellow-ish skin on the floor talking to herself.
Oh, well.
Opening my copper brown eyes, what I saw shocked me. An old woman in a red kimono was staring down at me with a look of obvious distaste.
"Ano..." I began, but stopped when I noticed the four suited men behind her with dark sunglasses and serious faces.
The woman nodded to the men and they walked toward me. I half expected them to bound and gag me, but they just picked up the heavy suitecases like they were air and stepped behind the woman again.
"Get up."
She didn't have to tell me twice. I didn't know who on earth she was, but she scared the crap out of me.
"I am Yokokora Hana," she said instead of hitting me like I was so sure she would. "I am in charge of all the internal affairs of the Akagane Family and you will be under my guidance from now on."
"But-."
"Orders from your father," Yokokora snapped making me shut up. "Now come."

Sighing, I had to admit that there there really was no place like my new home. It was enormous, to say the least and looked terribly expensive.
"Come," Yokokora ordered.
It was all I could do not to stick my tongue out at her. Following her inside, my jaw dropped but snapped shut when Yokokora shot me a look.
Up the millions of steps of the spiraling staircases, I was out of breath after the first five and even had to take a break half-way up, something Yokokora was appalled of. I couldn't help it, I told her. In my country we had these magical transportation devices called "elevators."
She gave a disapproving snort and muttered something about "lazy Americans" which I couldn't even argue about. It was true.
Walking down the hall, a woman as pretty as Mom appeared in a rather revealing dress. She wasn't short or tall, barely five feet. She wasn't old or young, late thirties, maybe.
Yokokora stopped her rambling and fell into a deep bow all of a sudden, but the woman didn't pay any attention to her.
But I swear, the second she walked past us her eyes flew to me and I think she smirked. I wasn't sure since she went on down the stairs easily in three-ing heels.
Needless to say, I felt stupid.
"Who was that?"
"Misaki Akagane," Yokokora replied, straightening up. "Your father's wife. You will address her as "Misaki-sama," and when your father is not present "Akagane-sama." Is that understood?"
"Hai," I whispered feeling a little depressed and frightened.
Moving on, Yokokora stopped in front of a set of double doors and pushed them open, "Your quarters for as long as you are in the Akagane Main House."
I didn't say anything as I entered the room. It was amazing, but I was suddenly too tired to care right now.
"Will you be joining the family for dinner?"
"I'd rather not."
"Excuse me, then."
"Hai..."
As the door closed, I frowned, alone in the dome-like room.
Looking down at my red sneakers, I closed my eyes, "There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home." Each time clicking them together.
Taking a deep breath I opened my eyes but was disappointed. I was still here.
"This is not the life I ordered..."

There. Done.