Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Crystal Gems ❯ Vol 1: Chap 5. The New Kids ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The New Kids
Ruthie looked out the window on this idle Saturday morning. She was bored until…. "A moving van?" the brain bearer thought. The yellow and white moving van was unloading furniture and other house goods into the empty house across from Durst house. Curiosity fell on Ruthie. "Who's moving in?" she thought. The brain bearer decided to she for herself. So she left her room and ran downstairs. Ruthie grabbed her black baseball cap by the door. "Where are you going?" her dad asked in the kitchen before she went out the door. "Out." Ruthie answered. "Be back before dark." the dad said. "All right." his daughter replied. Then she went out and shut the door behind her.
"Jim!" The boy stopped and looked around. He didn't see anybody. Jim was sure he heard some calling him but where were they? "Jim!" The voice was getting louder. "Is it in my head?" he thought. But, it was too loud to be in his head. Finally, Jim turned and saw who was calling him. A girl with long brown wavy hair was running towards him. The boy became confused. The little girl caught up to him. She looked sweet looking with her brown jeans and light blue over-sized t-shirt.
"I found you Jim!" the girl said. Jim was lost. "What is she talking about?" he thought. But then the girl looked. "Oh. You're not Jim." she said. "Oro? I am Jim." said Hawking. "You're name may be Jim, but you're not the Jim, I'm looking for." the girl declared. Jim was still lost. "I'm Fade Mozingo and I just moved here this morning. I'm just looking for my older brother, Jim." the girl explained. It was coming clear now! She was looking for her brother. "Have you seen him? Jim's about your height and has darker hair." the girl said. "Iie." said Jim H., shaking his head. "Okay. But if you see him, tell Jim that Fade was looking for him." said Fade with a smile. Then she turned and ran the other direction. "Okay, that was weird." Jim H. thought. "But… what was that I sensed from her?"
While Jim was lost in his thoughts when he came across another "friend." Jim had run smack dab into another boy. "Hey! Why don't you watch where the hell you're going?!?" the boy yelled. "Sumimasen!" Jim said. (Noiz note: "Sumimasen" = "I'm sorry" in Jap.) Then he looked up. An angry-looking boy about the same height as himself with dark brown hair glared at him. "Is this…… Fade's brother?" Jim H. thought. "But I didn't see you." he said. "You should still be careful you dumb ass!" the other boy yelled. The dragon anger was waking up. But Jim tried his best to pack it under control. "You're so stupid not to look where you're going!" the other boy continued on. That did it! As much as he tried to handle this dragon, Jim H. couldn't stand it much longer. So he struck the boy in the right cheek. Taken-aback, the boy had no choice but to fight back. So he punched Jim H. back. Oh! The dragon anger was awake for sure buddy! Soon punches led to a brutal fight. At the end of first battle, Jim H. got up and walked off. But when the other boy leapt up and tackled him to the ground, the fight continued.
The boys fought on until someone yelled: "Jim!" Both boys looked up. "What?!?" they yelled. It was an impatient Fade. "Jim! There you are! I've been looking all over for you!" she yelled. Jim H. became confused again. But Fade grabbed the dark-haired boy and dragged him away. "So that's the other Jim!" Jim H. thought.
Later in the evening, the three dragon bearers met at the park. The girls were talking when they saw Jim coming towards them. They were shocked with horror. He was covered with bruises and dirt. "What happened to you?" Lizzie asked. "Got into a fight with some kid." Jim explained. Ruthie just rolled her eyes. "Boys! *Sighs*" she mumbled to herself.
"This is about those kids, right?" Jim asked. Lizzie nodded. "What about them?" Ruth asked. "I sensed great spirit energy from that little girl." said Lizzie. Silence stuck the other two bearers. "Well, I feel something from her." Jim spoke up at last. "Right!" said Lizzie. "That's why we need to work with them. No matter what!" That burned within Jim H. He recalled his fight with the other Jim earlier today. "But to work with him……" he thought bitterly. "Got that?" Lizzie asked. "Hai!" said Jim H. and Ruthie. "Agreed." said Lizzie.
Later…
Back
To review e-mail @ noizchild@msn.com ^_ ^=