Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Crystal Gems ❯ Vol 1: Chap 4. Baal's Plagues ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Baal's Plagues
Jim made it back to the shop before dusk. He was soaking wet from his water city trip. The body bearer was panting hard from running. He thought he got away scot-free when the boy heard footsteps coming closer from up the stairs. Jim grew nervous. "And where have you been?" a voice asked him. The boy quickly jerked up. Gene stood about two or three feet away from his partner. He had been looking for the boy. And at last, Gene had found him.
"Well, where have you been? And why are you all wet?" the man asked again. Jim didn't know how to answer. Gene wouldn't understand the truth either. Finally, Jim said: "It's a long story." Then he walked tedious-like to his room. "Okay." said Gene sounding unsure. Then he followed far behind.
"Curses!" Baal yelled in rage. Her plans had failed her again. "WHAT WILL IT TAKE?!?" the ice oni yelled. Fury brought her another idea. Baal grinned as she went over to her possessions. After A few minutes of looking, she found what she was looking for. It was a golden box with skulls craved on it. "Didn't want to do this!" Baal thought evily. "But you leave me iie choice." Then the oni opened the box. A kuro light shot out of it. (Noiz note: Kuro=Jap. For "black") "I have the dragon now!" Baal hissed. She could taste victory.
Within morning, Jim was feeling sick. He felt like he was burning. The boy was queasy and dizzy. His head throbbed. "Ughhh." Jim groaned. It hurt to get out of bed. But he tried anyway. Jim felt like he weighed a ton. Even the gem felt heavy. The boy felt falling over. The room was spinning. But Jim managed to walk out of the room.
This kept on the entire day. And it just wasn't for day. The plague became chronic and worse. Even the crew began to notice. Melfina became worried. So she went one to Jim's room one night. "Are you all right Jim?" Mel asked. To her fear, he was worse. Jim looked so pale and about to throw up. Plus, his black gem was glowing and bits of light were flying upward. Melfina covered her mouth in shock. Mel started to back away in fear. Jim was aware that she was there. "I need to see the others." he thought weakly.
So the next dawn, Jim used what little strength he head to get out of bed and head out to the girls. The others were still asleep. Lucky for him it made it easier for him to leave.
Jim finally made it to the park. He collapsed over onto a green park bench. The boy had barely made it. His strength was gone. Jim was slowly slipping into a deep sleep.
"Jim! Jim!" The boy looked up and around. "Who's calling me?" he thought. "Jim! Jim!" "I'm here. Why are you calling me?" Jim asked. "This is Lizzie." said the heart bearer telepathically. "I'm at home I'm talking to you through a psychic wave." Lizzie said. "Oro?" Jim asked. "Ask later." Lizzie said. "Right now I have to tell you about something!" "What is it?" Jim asked. "It's about the plagues." Liz continued. "Baal's causing them." The body bearer's eyes grew big. "Ba….al?" he asked. "Hai." said Lizzie. "What about Ruthie and yourself?" Jim asked. "Ruthie has it too. I had it as well. But somehow I healed quickly. But Ruthie still hasn't recovered." Liz explained. Jim was uneasy. Then a thought came to him. "So how do we get rid of them?" the boy asked. This all what Lizzie said:
"I have used the heart's power to cleanse us of this burden. It will come in the form of rain. Then stay in bed for five days and you should be well. Ruthie knows this too."
Sure enough, a light rain came and showered Jim. He sat up and took in the rain. Soon, the boy was strong enough to walk home. Jim followed the rest for five days. Soon, the plague was gone. "Is Baal that desperate to have the dragon?" Jim thought.
Later….
Back
To review e-mail @ noizchild@msn.com ^_ ^=