Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Crystal Gems ❯ Vol 1: Chap 3. The Water City ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Water City
"Those little brats ruined my plans!!!" Baal hissed in anger. She still was burned and cut from Jim's castor. The ice demon still had flashback about the battle. "Eat this ice bitch!" were Jim's exact words. Baal hated that!
"But this time," she said. "The advantage is in my favor!" The demon held out her hand and said a prayer spell. Blue flames arose and flew up into the sky. "I have you now, dragon bearers!" Baal said evilly. A loud cackle filled the air of the swamp.
Jim walked into the kitchen over to the sink. He was done fixing his car and needed to wash his hands from the oil and grease. "Whew! It's hot today!" Jim thought. He was expecting some nice cool water. But soon, he would get something greater. When Jim turned the faucet on, he heard something gust. The boy turned and saw a tall swirling wave. Jim grew nervous. "Who the hell is there?!?" he asked. The next thing he knew, the boy was being sucked down into the floor and gone without a trace.
A few moments later, Jim awoke and looked around. He saw….water. Water was everywhere. Water was running from the walls. Jim was confused. "Where am I?" he thought. "There you are Jim!" a girl's voice called out. The boy looked up and saw Lizzie and Ruthie coming towards him. He was relived. "I told you he would be here!" Lizzie said. "Let me guess, you turned on the faucet and a blue wave came up and you got sucked into the floor. Am I right?" Ruthie asked Jim. The boy nodded. "And I'm sure you're come up with a way out. Have you not?" the girl asked. "Iie." Jim admitted. *Both girls fall down* "I knew he didn't have all the answers!!!" Ruthie wailed.
"So where are we anyway?" Ruth asked. Jim shrugged. "In the water city." a voice echoed. The three dragon bearers looked up. The voice cackled. "Baal! It's you!!!" Jim yelled. "I have you now this time!" the oni echoed. (Noiz note: Oni=Jap. 4 "demon") "What do you mean you have us?!?" Ruthie yelled. "I'm gonna flood you out!!!" Baal echoed back. Soon another huge wave appeared. "Sayonara brats!" Baal echoed. Her laughter echoed out. The wave grew closer. The girls grew nervous. "Do something Jim!" Ruth yelled. "I don't know!" the boy yelled. *Sweat drop on Ruthie's head* The wave grew bigger and bigger. Time was running short. "Umi on'nashujin! Oidasu kore yakkai!" Lizzie called out. "Oro?" her two companion asked. The heart gem started glowing. "What's happening?" Jim asked. The light increased. Then…. WHOOSH!
The dragon bearers appeared in front of what looked like a sliver gate. The ground was slushy but had loose dirt. "Where are we?" Ruthie asked. "Don't know." Jim said. The other two kids looked at Lizzie. Liz looked up. "What is it?" she asked. Her companions came over to her. "Tell us." said Ruthie. "How did you do that?" Lizzie became confused. "What do you mean?" she asked. "That spell. How did you do it?" Jim asked. "Oh that! I kept hearing it in a dream." the heart bearer explained. "How come I never hear that sort of things when I dream?" Ruthie asked. *Silence* Then the gate opened. The kids looked up. "How did it open?" Lizzie asked. "Should we go in?" Ruthie asked. The three stood silent. Finally, Jim said: "Hai." The girls looked up. "But Jim, what if it's a trap?" Lizzie asked. "It might be a way home. We just have to see." said he. Then the three walked past the gates. The gates shut behind them.
The city looked abandoned. Buildings were soaked and crumbled. The ground became mud. "My, it's…. nice here." Lizzie said as she looked around. "Ugly is more like it." Ruthie said. "I was trying to be nice." said Liz. "Just keep going." said Jim. The dragon bearers found it hard to walk through the mud. The girls kept whining because their shoes were getting dirty. Jim was ready to smack them both. But instead he yelled at them to shut up.
The path ended at a flight of stairs. They looked crumbled. Lizzie became uneasy. "We're not going to came those steps. Are we?" she asked. "Would you rather be stuck here?" Jim asked. Lizzie was silent. "He's right! Good point!" Ruthie spoke up. Lizzie finally agreed. Then the three processed up the stairs.
Baal was watching the whole thing. "I can't let them keep going!" she thought. So she threw some dust and said a spell. "This should stop them!" Baal thought. She smiled with amusement.
As they walked up the stairs, Lizzie froze in her tracks. The other two stopped and turned around. "What's wrong Lizzie?" Jim asked. "More is coming." the heart bearer answered. It took two seconds for her companions to figure it out. "You're kidding right?" Ruthie asked. Lizzie shook her head. Soon, the stairs and ground began to shake. The dragon bearers turned. A wave the size of a tsunami came rushing towards them. Panic seized the kids. "Do something Jim!" Ruthie yelled. "I don't have my castor!" the body bearer answered. "Well, that's just great!" the brain bearer yelled. Then the other two turned to Lizzie. "Lizzie, say a spell!" they both cried. "All right." the heart said frantically. But before she could speak, the wave swallowed them up.
"Jim!" a faint voice called. "Oro?" he thought. "Umi chi shin!" the voice called. The boy was delirious. "What do you mean?" he asked. "Just say it!" the voice snapped. Reluctant, the body bearer decided to give it a try. "Umi chi shin!" Jim yelled. Soon, the water began to drain. Jim found himself hanging by the end of the stair. Lizzie and Ruthie were hanging on by his ankles. The girls awoke. "We're….okay?" Ruth asked. "But how?" "I'll explain later, just find someway to get there." Jim said hastily. "Do you want me to say a spell?" Lizzie asked. "Hai!!!" Ruth and Jim yelled. "All right." said the girl. Then she quietly said a spell and the heart gem glowed. The three disappeared off the ledge.
The kids appeared in front of an open door. "Where are we?" Ruthie asked. "We're almost home." said Lizzie. "Oro?" said her companions. "What do you mean?" Jim asked. "I can feel it." said Liz. The other bearers decided to trust Lizzie's judgment. So the bearers started walking. "So tell me Jim," Ruthie said. "How we get out of the wave?" "Well, I don't know if I should explain….." the body bearer began. "Come on, dozo!!!!" Ruthie pleaded. "Well… all right." said the boy. And so he began to tell his story as the trio walked home.
Later…
Back
To review e-mail @ noizchild@msn.com ^_ ^=