Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Crystal Gems ❯ Vol 1: Chap 2. First Encounter With the Enemy ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
First Encounter with the Enemy
Jim closed the door behind him. "What a day!" he thought. Then he took his gem out from under his shirt. It was warm. "Must have warmed up when I ran." he thought. Jim sighed and went upstairs to his new room. Sleep was what he needed. "Just forget about today." Jim thought as he closed his eyes on his bed.
But deep within the swamp, evil had been roused. "The dragon is awake and the bearers… summoned!" she hissed. For centuries, she wanted power. She wanted the dragon. So now, the opportunity was hers. She couldn't mess this up.
Jim awoke the next mourning. He looked around nervously. "Was it all a dream?" he thought. Then he looked down. The black body crystal was still there. "So it wasn't a dream." he thought. Then the door opened. Jim looked up. "Ohayou Gozaimasu!" Aisha said cheerfully. "Oh hi." Jim said unenthusiastically. Aisha stood in the doorway dressed in her short shorts and bra. "Why is that ctarl ctarl here in my room?" Jim thought. Aisha looked and saw Jim's crystal. She got closer to him. "What is she doing?" he thought. "Ooo. What's that?" she asked. "Huh? What is what?" Jim asked. Before he could answer her, Aisha touched his gem. It shocked her. "Ow! Why did you do that for?" Aisha yelped in pain. "That's not me!" Jim said quickly. "Hey. Why do you have a bug zapper around your neck?" asked she. *Jim falls over* "It's not a bug zapper!" he yelled. "Then what is it?" the ctarl ctarl asked. "It's….." Jim began. Then he caught himself. He figured if he told Aisha about the dragon, she wouldn't understand. "Just go away!" Jim yelled. Then he got up and pushed the cat girl out. "Wha-." she asked bewildered as she fell out the door. Jim slammed the door in her face. Once he was sure Aisha was gone, Jim got dressed and left.
When he got outside, Ruthie was standing outside. "Why is she here?" Jim wondered. So Jim began walking over to her. Ruthie turned and asked: "What are you doing here?!?" "I live here." Jim answered. "Oh. Well. Anyway, Williams-san called my house last night. My dad's gonna let me go this time." Ruthie. "Why?" Jim asked. "It was the last day of school!" Ruthie exclaimed. The two laughed until tears ran from their eyes. "But…" Ruthie began. Jim stopped laughing and looked up. "Dad said if any of the senseis caught me skipping again and I run away, I'll be grounded." she continued. "Oh." said he. "Well… I don't know I told you anything but I going to go find Lizzie." Ruthie said. Then she turned away and began walking off. Jim just looked at her. "Aren't you coming?!?" Ruthie called. "Why?" he asked. "We dragon bearers gotta stay together. And besides, what is a demon or something attacks us? Strength in numbers." the girl explained. "She's right! Good point!" Jim thought. Then he ran to catch up with her.
"Those little dragon bearers are leading me to the third one." said she as she Jim and Ruthie cross the street. "Perfect! Right the way I want it. All together! And with my new tricks, the dragon is mine!" And with that, she descended down in a cloud of ice.
Jim and Ruthie found Lizzie in the park. All was fine until a huge cloud of ice came down as she pointed to the cloud. "I don't know. We'll just have to see." Jim answered. Ice rained down from the cloud. A bright light came from the ice. Jim pulled out his little black computer. Finally, a young looking girl appeared from the ice. She had white skin, dark violet eyes, and light blue hair. "Hello dragon bearers." said she. The girls were stunned in silence. "It's Baal." said Jim aloud. "Huh?" his female companions said as they turned around. "She's an ice demon. For centuries, Baal searches for power. She'll stop at nothing to get it." Jim explained quickly. "And your dragon is what I want!" Baal yelled. Her teeth became fangs. The girls became scared. Jim pulled out his castor. "This is going to be easier than I thought!" Baal thought evilly. Then she rose up her arm, said a spell, and flung out her arm. Jim placed a #4 in his castor and fired. The bullet hit the wave and dissolved it. Baal was displeased. "I wasn't expecting this!" she thought bitterly. So Baal grinded her teeth and tried again.
Tired of the same results, Baal decided to try something else. She saw that Jim was tired of this as well. So she clasped her hands together and said a different spell. "What's this?" Jim thought. "Lights out, dragon bearer!" Baal yelled. Then she smacked a wave towards Jim. "Huh?" he asked. Then the wave knocked the castor out of Jim's hands and knocked out. "Jim nooo!" Lizzie yelled. "Get up jerk!" Ruthie barked. Baal laughed aloud. Lizzie and Ruthie turned. "Now it's your turn!" the ice demon hissed.
When Jim awoke, he saw Ruthie and Lizzie iced up to two ice stakes. Baal was walking back and forth in front over them. "That was too easy!" said she. "Now my only dilemma is how to kill you and him. Shall I do it quickly or shall do it painfully slow?" "I've got to save them. But how? Ooo! Think genius!" Jim thought. He looked around for the castor. It was lying defenselessly off to the side. Jim knew he had to get the castor quickly before Baal could kill them. So he began crawling to it. Ruthie saw him and decided to buy him time. "Uh… Baal-chan?" asked she. "What?" the ice demon asked. "Can my friend and I say our last words?" Ruth asked. Lizzie's eyes grew big. "Sure whatever." said Baal. While Ruthie yakked on, Jim was the last #4 he had on him in the castor. "This is a hit or miss shot!" he thought. "Errr! Enough! Say your prayers!" Baal yelled impatiently. Then she rose up her arms. "Hey ice bitch!" Jim yelled. "Huh?" Baal asked as she turned around to see Jim who up and ready to fire. "Eat this!" yelled he. Then Jim pulled the trigger and the bullet shot out. It hit Baal in the shoulder. She started fading away. "You may have won the battle but the war has just begun!" the demon yelled. Once she was gone, the ice stakes broke into pieces and the girls landed on their feet.
"Well, you both can thank me for saving your necks." said Ruthie. Jim and Lizzie looked up. "Well I distracted Baal long enough for Jim to get his gun, did I?" she explained. "Oh." said her other two companions. "But we really need to thank Jim." said Lizzie. "Ah, it was nothing." said he. "Now let's get out of here before the police come!" Ruthie said quickly. "Right." said the other two dragon bearers. Then they all ran home.
Later….
Back
To review e-mail @ noizchild@msn.com ^_ ^=