Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Crystal Gems ❯ Vol 2: Chap 11. Scatter to the Wind ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Scattered to the Wind
Fade ran back to the group in a panic.
“Guys!” she yelled. “We've got a huge problem!”The rest of the crew looked up at her.
“What's wrong?” Hawking asked. The girl made it to them breathless. Lizzie looked at her.
“Fade,” she said. “What's the matter?” The younger girl panted hard. She looked up at the crew again when she caught her breath.
“The gate to Hell!” she cried. “It's been opened!” The others looked at her shocked.
“WHAT?!?” the grown kids yelled. Hawking almost lost his words.
“How?” he forced out at last. Fade looked down at her feet. She pressed her lips together firmly. The young girl jerked her head upwards.
“It was my fault!” Fade blurted out. “I was trying to contact an old friend of mine and got tricked into opening the gate of the dead. So now…”
“All of the souls have escaped?” Hawking finished. Fade nodded as if to keep from throwing up. Mozingo rushed over to his sister. He patted her on the shoulder.
“It's okay,” he whispered to her. “You didn't do anything wrong.” Hawking rose up to his feet.
“In any case,” he said. “We have to catch these souls and put them back before we are all screwed even more!”
“How genius?” Ruthie asked sarcastically.
“Yeah,” Mozingo replied. “How?” Hawking thought about that for a second. He looked at his waiting crew. The boy-man shrugged a bit.
“I'm thinking, I'm thinking!” he yelped. “Geez!” Well, Hawking should have thought quicker. Lizzie looked up and panicked.
“Uh, guys!” she said aloud. “Jim, think faster!” The others looked over at her.
“Why, Liz?” Hawking asked. She didn't answer. Instead, the woman pointed forward. A huge whirlwind rushed forward to them. Everyone froze in a state of terror.
“Run!!!” Ruthie screamed. Too late, however. The whirlwind trapped them and blew them all around.
Baal smirked at her work. All according to plan! All according to plan! The dragon would be hers really soon. Just a few more kinks to throw in and it would be hers! “I will have you dragon bearers!” she thought. “Your lives and your dragon!” The demon laughed and got right to work. The storm rose higher and higher.
Drips of water slowly woke Lizzie up moments later. She sat up and looked around. Nothing looked familiar to her. Slight worry came over her.”Oh no,” the heart thought. “I got lost from the others!” This was bad! The dragon bearers couldn't function separately. They were more open for attack that way. Lizzie trembled all over.
Oh no!” she thought. “I have to find the others!” A cold howl echoed above her. Lizzie trembled all over. She had to hurry. The heart always died first. Lizzie didn't want to die today! She got up and hurried away. The heart counted the steps to herself. “Keep walking and don't look up!” She forced herself to keep moving.
Ruthie had the same problem herself. She awoke to find crows staring at her. This didn't look good. Ruthie began to remember the movie, The Birds. Having seen that at age seven, she began to fight back old memories of nightmares and fear. The brain forced herself not to think of such things. She shut her eyes and shook her head.
Can't think about that!” Ruthie thought. “Get back to the others!” Suddenly, the woman felt better. She breathed out a bit. “Right,” the brain thought. “Go find Lizzie and Jim!” Ruthie forced herself to her feet and started her quest. She made herself walk quietly and slowly so not to attract the birds to attack her. The brain didn't want to be made into Tippi Hedren. No sir!
Jim H. already started his search for the others. As he looked, the body began to piece it all together. Baal was behind this latest plot. She hadn't taken advantage of their situation, tricked Fade into opening the gate of dead, and separated them with a wind spell. Why? The dragon, of course! However, one thing still bugged the crap out of Jim.
Why grow us up?” the man thought. “It doesn't make sense; it's not her style! She had have help there. But who?” No time to stop and think about that! The girls nodded him now. The further apart they were, the more open to death by Baal's hands they were. So, Jim had to hurry up and find his pals so they could fix this mess, and find a way to return to normal. The boy drew out his gun and kept up his guard the whole time as he walked. Can't take it easy at this moment. No sir!
Later…