Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Crystal Gems ❯ Vol 1: Chap 10. Opening the Gate of the Dead ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Opening the Gate of the Dead
The rapid changes in the kids' ages weren't the only weird thing going on. Fade kept hearing a strange white noise on and off again. It would last for twenty seconds and go away. The girl couldn't figure out what it was. But, Fade kept it to herself. After all they had more problems to worry with at the moment.
“So how do we go back to being kids?” Ruthie asked Hawking.
“I'm looking in on it right now,” he replied. The mannish boy began typing away on his computer. The others waited in silence. They all wanted to get back to normal as soon as possible. Fade watched Hawking closely. Then, it came again. The white noise crackled softly in her ears. The young girl looked up right away. No one around. Was she losing her mind as well?
“Fade,” someone said to her. The fourteen year old quickly returned back to earth. Lizzie stared right at her.
“Is there a problem?” the eighteen year old asked. Fade shook her head.
“No,” she replied. Lizzie raised an eyebrow at her.
“You sure?” she asked. Fade nodded.
“I'm fine,” the younger girl reassured. “Trust me!” Lizzie didn't seem to believe her, but said nothing. Instead, the heart shrugged.
“Okay,” she said. Then, Lizzie turned back to the front. Fade settled her attention on Hawking once again. This time, a voice came with the words.
“Fade-chan!” she heard someone whisper to her. “Fade-chan! Fade-chan!” The girl looked up again. No one in sight still. But, Fade recognized the voice.
Himeko-chan?” she thought. “But that can't be. She died six months ago!
“Fade-chan!” the voice called out again. “Fade-chan come and find me!” That made up the fourteen year old girl's mind. She quickly got up from her spot and aimlessly followed sound of her dead friend's voice.
Fade came all the way the park. She looked all around. Though she couldn't see it, she felt it in her soul. The gate of the dead called out to her. The girl knew right where it was. In a few steps, she came right to the exact spot. The girl breathed out some. Fade remembered old summoning spell she had read somewhere. “Okay,” she thought. “Here goes!” The girl held up her hand and began softly chanting to herself. A grey light slowly appeared before her. The girl didn't looked up. She kept on chanting. The light slowly grew bigger and bigger. Soon, a whole hole opened wide. Fade quickly opened her eyes.
Himeko floated before her. She looked just as sick and pale as ever. The poor girl looked so thin. Fade thought the poor soul would collapse.
“Himeko-chan?” she asked. “Himeko-chan, what happened to you?” The soul began to cry.
“Help me! Help me!” Himeko cried out. “They're going to kill you!” Fade looked at her confused.
“What are you talking about?” she asked. “Who's going to kill us?” Then came a violent gush of wind. Fade looked up right away. Evil souls flowed out into the living realm. Fade became really worried.
“What just happened? What's going on?!?” she asked aloud. But when she looked up at the gate, Himeko had disappeared. Fade didn't have a good feeling about this.
“What have I done?” she asked herself aloud. That's going to be more work for Jim and them now! All according to Baal's plan to seize the dragon for herself.
All of the evil spirits crowded before the deal herself. Baal smiled at them wickedly. Now to open the next act of destruction.
Later…