Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Crystal Gems ❯ Vol 2: Chap 17: Dragon Rush ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dragon Rush
It started to unfold in the middle of the night. Subtle at first. The bears felt the glowing warmth at their chests as they slept. Not much to worry about. In fact, the sensation felt relaxing. Almost like a lullaby.
In the morning, Jim awoke to his phone ringing. He reached down to pick it up.
“Hello?” he asked.
“Felt it last night?” Ruthie asked.
“Felt what?” he asked.
“You know!”
“No… Oh! Our crystals.”
“Yeah! Are you slow or something?”
Jim rolled his eyes. “No. Sorry if I think this early in the morning.”
“Whatever, Anyway, what does it mean?”
Jim shrugged on the other line. “I don't know.”
“Aren't you Mr. Information?”
“Not this early in the morning! Call me back later!”
Ruthie snorted. “Fine! Pleasant dreams, loser!” Jim breathed out as she hung up.
Idiot!, he thought.
The warmth grew inch by inch as the sun rose. The bearers felt it rolling in their chests. The warmth could be compared to a bear hug from behind. The trio couldn't put it in words.
“I felt it again,” Lizzie said.
“Me too,” Ruthie said. “But why?” Jim looked up about the crystals acting this way. He had to read over the results twice out of confusion.
“The gems are looking for something,” he said. The girls looked up at him.
“What?” Lizzie asked.
“Huh?” Ruthie asked. Jim turned his mini-laptop for the girls to read. They blinked at the content.
“What are they looking for?” Ruthie asked. Jim shrugged.
“It doesn't say,” he said. The bearers went quiet. Suddenly, the heart felt her own heart jump. Lizzie put her hands to her chest. The other two looked on at her.
“What's wrong?” Jim asked. The heart shook her head.
“I feel it singing!” she said. Ruthie raised an eyebrow at her.
“Singing?” she asked.
“Yes!” Lizzie said. “Oh!” She rose to her feet. Her hands held her chest tighter.
“Angie!” she shouted. The other two bearers watched her with blank stares. Suddenly, Ruthie paused in a gasp.
“I feel it too!” she yelled. Her heart leapt into double time. Jim paused when he felt his own gem opening into his own rush.
Oh!, he thought. The dragon has taken over us. Colors. Orange, blue, and black invaded their eyes. There was even music. Loud, pumping sounds danced around their ears. People stared at them as they got lost deeper into the dragon's rush. Neither side could figure out what was happening.
Meanwhile, the pirate paused over her beer. Her lips curved into a grin. Found them!, she thought. Then, pirate paid her tab and left the bar.
Later…