Pirates Of The Caribbean Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlight Hearts ❯ A Simple Invitation ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kiara Brandt had lived all her life in solitude at the London Institute for Girls. She got up every morning, dressed in her school uniform and went to her classes. It was the Friday night before summer vacation when she got a letter from her father, a rarity in itself.
 
She went to her dorm and sat on her bed and looked at the letter, which felt heavier then it should have been. She ripped the envelope open, pulled the letter out and read:
 
Dearest Kiara,
How has life been in London?
I have missed you greatly and I was writing to offer you a chance of a lifetime, a chance to come to Port Royal and stay here with me until you feel the need to return to London. I know I have exactly been the best father, but I wanted this chance to make up for all the missed birthdays and Christmases. Please grant an old man such as myself the chance to see his only daughter. I have written to the Headmistress and she says that all you need do is say the word and you may leave the school.
 
I cannot wait to hear from you,
 
Your Loving Father
 
P.S. I remembered that you loved nothing more than to see real pirate's treasure so I sent you a real golden coin. Treasure it always.
 
Kiara dug turned the envelope upside down and a golden coin slid out and onto the comforter next to her. She picked it up and looked it over as is gleamed somewhat eerily in the moonlight.
 
She went over to her desk, coin still in hand and sat down. She pulled out a piece of paper and her blood red ink pen and wrote:
 
Dear father,
London has been quite well actually.
I can hardly wait to come see you a Port Royal. I do not mean to be a bother, but are there not pirates at Port Royal? Do you not fear for you life every day and night?Is it still as I remember it (minus the pirates, of course)? But I do not care about the pirates and nonsense. I only wish to see my loving father, whom I lay no blame on.
 
I count the days until I may see you,
 
Yours truly,
 
Kiara
 
She looked at the short letter and, when she was satisfied, walked down to the mailroom to have the letter sent to her father.