Pirates Of The Caribbean Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlight Hearts ❯ "A safe voyage and a safer return" ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Three weeks into summer vacation, a letter from Kiara's father came and read:
 
My Dearest daughter,
I am overwhelmed that you have accepted my invitation and I must inform you that you are to arrive in Port Royal by means of ship. I have provided a ticket for you and you are to leave in 4 days time.
 
I love you and cannot wait to see you,
 
Your Father,
 
Russell Brandt
 
Kiara read the letter day and night until Headmistress came in one night. Kiara looked up from the letter and into the Headmistress' steel gray eyes.
 
“Yes Headmistress?” she said, sitting upright on the bed, amid all the mess of her packing.
 
“I…I just came to wish you a safe voyage and an even safer return.” The woman said, her British accent thick in her words.
 
Kiara stood and nodded.
 
“Thank you Headmistress. Am I being escorted to the pier tomorrow or will I be going alone?” she asked, her sea-foam green eyes shining slightly in the light. The Headmistress nodded and, after bidding the girl goodnight, left the room, shutting the door quietly behind her.
 
Kiara stayed up all night packing all of her closest belonging. When the morning sun was creeping up over the walls of the school, Kiara closed her suitcase changed out of her clothes.
 
She walked to the shower and got in. She sat in the corner of the shower, the water still falling on her, and thought.
 
What if Father doesn't recognize me? No, Father would never forget me…
 
She got out of the shower and toweled off, looking at the dress that lay on the bed. Her roommate, Lily, woke up and looked at her.
 
“Need some help there, Princess?” she asked teasingly and playfully. Kiara smiled and nodded.
 
Lily laced up the corset and tightened it until Kiara was gasping for air.
 
“…Goodness! I can't breathe…Loosen it! Please!” she cried, gasping for air. Lily laughed and shook her head.
 
“No way Princess! This is how sophisticated women look. Hourglass shape, pale complexion…” Lily said, rambling.
 
“Thank….You…” Kiara gasped, lifting her suitcase off the bed. She walked down the hallway until she got to the front door. The Headmistress walked behind her.
 
“Thank…You…Head…Mistress...” she said, out of breath. The Headmistress beamed down at her.
 
“I am going to accompany you to the pier.”
 
Kiara nodded, unable to gather the breath for the words.