Pirates Of The Caribbean Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlight Hearts ❯ Divide, Conquer and Kidnap ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

3 silent hours later, Kiara was onboard the fastest ship that could be gotten on such short notice.
 
“I'd…Like…to thank…you, Captain Pierce. “Thank you…for…taking me…to…Port…Royal…” Kiara gasped slightly, fanning herself lightly.
 
Captain Pierce beamed at Kiara.
 
“It's no problem at all. I knew your father before he went to Port Royal…What a wonderful man he is. I'd be honored to escort his lovely daughter to see him.” He said, a hint doting in his voice.
 
Kiara took no notice to this and continued to look at the stretching sea, through which the ship was elegantly gliding through.
 
“Captain,” she said, looking toward where the sky and sea met, “Are we expecting a storm today?” she asked, looking toward the captain and pointing to the starboard side.
 
“No, why?” he asked, looking to where Kiara pointing and saw the sky darkening.
 
“Sir, a storm approaches.” One of the mates said, glancing over his shoulder.
 
“Sir, I see a ship approaching!” another mate yelled, looking through his spyglass.
 
Captain Pierce cursed under his breath, then looked to Kiara and said, “Kiara, I want you to go into my quarters and stay there. No matter what you hear. Am I understood?”
 
Kiara opened her mouth to protest.
 
“Am I understood, Miss Brandt?” he asked, turning his back to her.
 
“But…”
 
“Captain's orders. Understood?” he asked sternly.
 
“Yes, Captain Pierce, sir.” She said, going down to the captain's quarters.
 
“Mr. Locke?”
 
“Yes sir?” Mr. Locke responded, rushing to the Captain's side.
 
“Lock her in there. I don't want her coming out here. Understood?” he said, walking away, his back to the First Mate.
 
Locke stood there, soaking in the orders.
 
“NOW, Mr. Locke.” He commanded, back still to the First Mate.
 
Locke hurried and locked Kiara in the quarters and, upon hearing the door being locked, she began to bang on the door in protest.
 
Within moments, Kiara could hear shouts, swords clanking and dying cries of men. She banged on the door a few times and then everything fell silent as the grave. Kiara's breath was the only sound heard until there was a sharp bang on the door.
 
Kiara repelled from the door and into a closet, closing it quietly behind her.
 
“We know ye be in there, lassie. We heard ye pounding on the door.” A voice said, the door handle trying to be turned.
 
This is it. I'm done…They're heard me…What do I do? Kiara thought frantically, looking around in the closet.