Pirates Of The Caribbean Fan Fiction ❯ Moonlight Hearts ❯ Bloody Cooperation ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kiara scarcely moved let alone took a breath. The voices outside the door quieted and seemed to be going further away from the door. Kiara opened the door slowly and quietly and stuck her head into the deadly silent room.
 
Maybe, just maybe, they've decided to leave… she thought as she slipped out of her shoes and tiptoed out of the closet. She opened the door and looked into the faces of the pirates that had been outside of the closet.
 
“ 'Ello love.”
 
“Parley!” Kiara said, looking her would-be captors in the eyes.
 
“Damn that `parley'…Damn the man who came up with that word.” The pirate named Pintel muttered, turning to his partner in crime, Ragetti.
 
“The French?” Ragetti whispered, looking over Pintel's shoulder.
 
“I want to speak to your captain. Grant me this and I shall cooperate completely on said voyage. Oh, and one more minor request. I request that the dying and wounded be tended to…Including Captain Pierce.” She said, sounding as brave as she wished was.
 
Pintel and Ragetti nodded and held their arms out for Kiara. She reluctantly locked arms with each man and walked onto the ship's deck, with was almost completely carpeted with bodies. Captain Pierce lay pinned up against the railing of the ship.
 
Kiara broke free and ran over to the wounded Captain, who was pinned there by a sword through his heart.
 
“Are you okay?” she asked, the question, though intended to be caring, was a bit naive of her.
 
“I…I'll be okay. Did those brutes hurt you in any way? I swear if they did, I will kill them with my own hands.” He gasped, the pain visible on his face.
 
“No,” she whispered, “No they did nothing to me. Try not to move, everything is going to be okay. Please stay here with me…” Tear welled in her eyes.
 
“The sword…take it out. Please. Let my suffering stop…” he requested, his eyes looking glazed over.
 
Kiara stood and nodded. She gripped the sword and pulled with all of her might until the sword gave out and she tumbled backwards.
 
“Captain…” she began, crawling over to him and propping him up against her, his blood covering her dress.
 
“Please…Call me…Christopher.” He smiled a pained smile.
 
“Christopher. You will be Captain of these seas forever.” She whispered, feeling the life drain from the wounded Captain. She listened to his ragged breath slow and then finally stop.
 
Pintel and Ragetti walked over to her slowly, unsure of what she might do.
 
Kiara stood and faced the men.
 
“I'm ready to go…And I will cooperate…” she said, tears staining her cheeks.
 
Both men held their arms out and Kiara linked arms with them once more, walking amongst the dead bodies.