Pokemon Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ 15 Minute Ficlets ❯ Theme #1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Happy
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing: Teleportshipping (Red x Sabrina
)
Fandom: Pokémon
Theme: #1, Happy

Rating: PG
Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to Nintendo and Shogakukan Comics. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Notes: <> for telepathy, ** for thoughts, italics if a pokemon talks. Zensho-verse
Warnings: Fluff, het
 
There isn't any one thing that makes Red happy. He likes lots of things, from pretty butterflies to legendary-powerful pokemon to a banana split with hot fudge oozing down the sides and a bright red cherry on top, but there's no one thing he likes.
If you asked about people, Red would nod and smile and say yes he liked his mom, and yes, he had lots of acquaintances, including cute girls like Misty and Erika and Sabrina and also Green's older sister Daisy who was very pretty, and of course he was happy when he was with his pokémon, but Red - Red hasn't quite found the person who makes him happy yet.
He hugs his Charizard close, and wonders.
 
He thought Daisy was his number one person, who would make him happy, but Daisy fell in love with Bill and she's really too old for him. Misty already has a boyfriend, and Erika's engaged, of all things, and Sabrina… well… maybe?
But they have to be friends first, and the idea of getting married really makes Red scared. Still, he's going to be brave because some old guy once said life was the pursuit of happiness, and Red likes being happy.
He flies to Saffron on Charizard, and meets Sabrina at her gym. She's surprised to see him - but it's a nice kind of surprise, not like a few months ago before he became Champion when she spent all her time looking into the future. But he managed to talk her out of it, and maybe her loss to Green helped too but Red doesn't like thinking about Green.
Green definitely doesn't make him happy!
 
Sabrina asks him why he visited, and Red beams and says he missed her, and her cheeks are just a tiny bit pink and she asks him if he really means it.
Of course he does!
So she hugs him, which is kind of nice, and then she says he must be hungry, and that she'll make cookies. Red says she doesn't have to but Sabrina says she likes to, and asks if he wants to help.
Of course he does!
They mix butter and sugar and flour and a bit of lemon juice and it's all squishy and soft, but Red hasn't ever done this before and Sabrina just shakes her head when he cracks one of the eggs against the countertop, spilling yolk everywhere. Still, they're white and pasty and turning brown in the oven and the smell is really good and as he washes his hands in the sink he sees Sabrina smiling and she looks really pretty! Prettier than Daisy!
 
When he mentions that, she almost drops the tray of cookies in surprise. Her oven mitts are purple with little Abras on them, and it makes him smile. They wait for the cookies to cool and Sabrina tells him a story about how her Eevee evolved into Espeon, which is really nice, and he feels warm inside which is a good feeling.
The cookies are very yummy, with more sugar crystals sprinkled on top and they're a lot better than store-bought cookies even though he likes those too! The sunlight is warm yellow on the kitchen table and he drinks cold milk with a happy smile.
Maybe Sabrina is the person who will make him happy.
When he asks her, she turns really pink and says that if he wants her to be, she will be, and Red says he'd like it but if she already has a boyfriend its okay, but she doesn't.
They might have to do that kissy stuff later, but for now, when she kisses him on the cheek he doesn't mind too much.
And he's happy.
 
End Fic
Completed 2/23/07
These fifteen-minute ficlets really exercise your brain! And yes, Red is under age 18… I'm refusing to state exactly *how* old he is… but he's at least 11 years old.
Red: O.O
Phantomness: I thought it was cute! And under 15 minutes! WOOT! Go me!