Pokemon Fan Fiction / Death Note Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ 15 Minute Ficlets ❯ Theme #40 ( Chapter 40 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Title: Instrument
Author: Shadow/Phantomness
Pairing:
None
Fandom:
Card Captor Sakura
Theme: #40, Examination
(also LJLJ challenge)
Rating:
Disclaimer: Card Captor Sakura belongs to CLAMP and Kodansha. This non-profit, non-copyright infringing fanfiction belongs to me under international copyright laws and taking it is plagiarism. Thank you. *Phantomness bows*
Summary: Syaoran, his recorder, and the Time Card. I can't remember if anime Syaoran was worried about recorder, I know manga Syaoran didn't seem to do too well with it… bear with my mistakes please
 
“As I lay me down to rest, I pray to pass tomorrow's test, but if I die before I wake, that's one less test I have to take!”
He could still remember Meiling's smile as she told him that. It was a silly poem, and he didn't know if it was even correct English, but it certainly echoed his sentiments. He looked at the recorder in his hands and sighed.
Such innocent-looking black and white plastic was truly a torture device. Try as he might, the black and white notes on the binder in front of his face seemed to blur at him tauntingly.
This was ridiculous. He could deal with magic and martial arts and being the future Head of a large Clan. This recorder could not best him… could it? With a sigh, the boy lifted the instrument to his lips and began the first notes of the song. He had not gotten more than a few notes through when a horrendous squeak sounded. Setting his jaw, brown eyes blazing with fury at the offending source of his troubles, he took a deep breath and tried again.
And again
And again
 
Finally, he managed to make it through the piece once without any squeaks. A few more rounds and he felt ready. Checking his clock with a gasp of surprise at how late it had gotten, he made himself a cup of tea and closed his eyes.
The test was tomorrow. He couldn't fail. It wasn't even a serious subject! If his mother got wind of this…
Well, he could deal with those morose thoughts later. With a yawn, he decided to turn in for the night.
He was fairly confident that he could deal with the test.
 
But then, on reflection, he wasn't happy about taking the test thrice in a row, even if he did pass every time.
The Time card seemed to be smiling even as he tucked it away. And if he looked at it from a certain angle, that hourglass did resemble a recorder.
Syaoran woke up from bed screaming after a nightmare where he was trapped in a maze of recorders, with no way out. With a sigh, he got out of bed and got ready for the next day.
At least it was over.
 
End Fic
Completed 12/1/05
Er… not quite that good, in my opinion, but more of a drabble, but then again, some people on the LJ community liked it, so… ^^