Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ 37 P.S. ❯ A Horny New World ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

37 P.S.

By: bsmart

Disclaimer: Why the hell am I writing this? Nobody reads them and they have no legal weight. It's a complete waste of time and bandwidth and yet I'm still typing. If you're under the legal age where ever you are don't read this, but since you're going to anyways at least don't let your mommy catch you. This fic is very much NC-17. Copyright? Ha! Just don't be a dick. If you got this anywhere besides mediaminer.org, the official Pokegirls Yahoo group, or adultfanfiction.net then you likely haven't seen all of it as those are the only places where this story is officially distributed.

Note: This might be an Orange League fic it might not. To be honest I don't know a damn thing about pokemon and I want to keep it that way. If I make a dumb mistake feel free to point it out. I've done as much research as I can into this to keep it consistent with what seems to be the accepted canon of the pokegirl world. Also no one that I know of has done anything with the Orange League so I'm making it up as I go along.

"…" Normal Speech

`…' Thought

Chapter 1: A Horny New World

The view from atop the wall could be quite beautiful at the right time of day. At dusk the west wall offered a beautiful panorama from it's parapet. The acres of farmland that surrounded the fortified town stretched from the edge of the moat all the way to the tree line nearly a kilometer away. Whoever had decided to plant rice on this side of the town deserved a medal as the setting sun turned the rice paddies into lakes of rippling flame. The thick jungle was a vast sheet of undulating green that went on for as far as the eye could see. The only thing that broke it's verdant monotony was a line of small mountains off to the south whose snow covered peaks just kissed the clouds and just north of west was the skeletal remains of the skyscrapers that had once formed a bustling metropolis' skyline. If you squinted just right you could make out the flocks of brightly colored birds swirling in and out of the old monuments to man's hubris.

'Dad was right, it is like living on an island,' he thought as his eyes took in the same view they had every evening for the last two years. 'I'm going to miss this.'

"This is bullshit."

Alan sighed and dropped his forehead onto his steepled fingers.

"I said this is bullshit."

"I heard you the first time Jer, and all ten times you said it in the lodge."

"Well it is, buncha old bastards to scared to do their own work."

"I never said it wasn't but they do have their reasons," he replied as he turned to face his friend.

"Yeah, they're too old to do it and too gutless to send their own kids out to do it."

**************************

"Order! Order in this room or I'll clear it!" The assembled crowd of nearly four hundred men and women paid the aging Major no mind and the dull roar that filled the room approached eardrum rupturing levels. "Lieutenant, clear it!"

In a little more then a minute the raucous crowd was shoved outside. Most of the villagers went quietly as their ingrained military training kicked in but a few refused to leave until one of the more intimidating pokegirls in the security detachment convinced them that a better life awaited them outside. Two of the younger men had to be physically carried out.

The elder man with the Major's golden leaves on the lapels of his camouflaged jacket flopped back into his seat with a sigh. "Those boys used to remember that they were Rangers," he complained.

"Give them a break Tom, it's been three decades since most of them wore their BDU's. Hell, they're old men, not boys. A lot of them have children nearly as old as they were when they signed up."

The Major looked at his second in command, the woman who'd been his trusted adviser for decades, all the way back to when the world still made sense. The very Captain Costanello he'd married to some dumbass butter bars Second Lieutenant two decades ago. His annoyance quickly vanished. "Damn Valerie, I don't even want to think about how old that makes me. Regardless, all that screaming and yelling," he gestured dismissively towards the muted rumblings coming through the walls, "isn't fixing the problem."

"Begging your pardon Major Hammond but for people who just found out their home isn't going to last the decade I think they took it quite well."

"Captain Jackson, I didn't mean a decade as any sort of firm limit, it was just a very rough estimate."

Captain Jackson rolled his eyes. "Yet another wonderful victory by military intelligence."

Ignoring his more outspoken underling the Major turned to the unassuming man sitting in front of the assembled officer's council. "The time isn't as important as the conclusion, Doctor are you absolutely sure of this?"

"I'm in no way certain of the time frame but I stand by my assertion, this village will not survive unless some sort of reliable and consistent contact is made with outsiders."

A haggard Lieutenant missing his left leg snapped, "Doctor Larson, I haven't seen a single piece of hard evidence of this claim, it just sounds like a bunch of alarmist panic mongering to me."

"I assure you Lieutenant Simms, this is going to happen. Look at the facts. Our equipment is failing us, every year we have fewer and fewer tools to use and fewer weapons for protection. Nothing we were equipped with when we left was designed for prolonged use like this, even ruggedized military equipment has it's limitations and we passed those long ago. This might not be a problem if we had someone who could repair these things but we don't. We don't have the tools to make complicated parts for things like our weapons and we don't have a blacksmith to fix things like our plows."

"That's not true, Corporal Timmons has done an excellent job of keeping our farming implements together," Simms blustered.

"All do respect to Mr. Timmons, while he has done an admirable job keeping things running, he really has no idea what the hell he's doing. The average time between failures of equipment is decreasing, very soon we simply won't be able to repair something when it's broken. It will still be possible for us to farm but without our implements it's going to be much more labor intensive and much less efficient." The Doctor paused for a moment to let what he'd said sink in before he continued. "It will become increasingly difficult to feed ourselves and we will be much more susceptible to bad growing seasons."

"If it comes down to that we can always have the pokegirls start to work in the fields," Jackson suggested.

"What!?" Lieutenant Simms exclaimed as he rose to his foot. "First you keep those things around as fuck toys, then you made us dependent on them for protection, and now you want to make us dependent on them to eat!? Are you out of your mind!?"

"Sit down Lieutenant," Major Hammond ordered emphasizing his rank. "We can't afford to dismiss any options at this point. Please continue Doctor."

"While the food situation is fixable our weapons are not, in order to keep them working we've had to cannibalize parts from non-functioning weapons. Because of this we are down to a few heavy machine guns, about two dozen rifles, a few submachine guns, and maybe ten pistols. Just like the rest of our equipment the average rate of failure is going to increase until we have nothing left."

"Well we have the pokegirls aid in our defense," the female Captain pointed out while Lieutenant Simms seethed.

"Clothes," the Doctor said, "Aside from patching we have no way to make more, many of the men have ceased to wear shirts while working in the fields because they don't have any more to chance ruining...."

"All this is great," another Lieutenant member of the council butted in, "but that's not really the problem is it."

"No it's not. The biggest problems are medical. We've been lucky, for over thirty five years we've enjoyed relative good health, there have been no major outbreaks of communicable disease and no major injuries aside from the occasional broken leg. This can't last. Given the conditions we live in it is only a matter of time before some sickness sweeps through our community. We used up all of the medical supplies we had within the first five years. Since then we've made due with what we could find or grow locally but that's not enough. In the last thirty five years we've lost twenty eight people to disease sixteen of those deaths were to conditions that wouldn't even have merited a visit to the hospital in the old world and ten of them would have been considered serious but not life threatening. Only two of those who died would have been in any danger in the old world. With no modern medical supplies there's no way that I can deal with even an isolated case, if we ever were to experience an epidemic it would most likely wipe us out. We have to establish contact with a group with access to modern medicine."

"What was that about breeding that you mentioned earlier," Captain Jackson asked.

"Inbreeding actually," The Doctor corrected. "Statistically speaking the life of this village as an isolated entity is limited. The minimum viable population, one that can grow indefinitely, is five thousand individuals. With fewer people then that there isn't enough genetic diversity to out grow the destructive effects of recessive genes. There are only three hundred and eighty two people in this village along with fourty six children, but only one hundred and seventy one of them are women. We're too far under the limit to last more then say a dozen generations, at the most."

"A dozen generations is a long time Doctor," the final Lieutenant member of the council observed.

"Yes it is, but we're already down two and the damage could be irreversible to a group this size, without the complete dissolution of the village, within four generations."

"And you're suggesting," Lieutenant Simms led.

"That we establish reliable, consistent contact with other survivors. We know there are others out there, every few months someone drifts by with a couple of pokegirls in tow, while these travelers have repeatedly confirmed that there are other groups out there, some much larger then ours, none of them has had the presence of mind to map out their travels."

"Doctor we've tried this before," the Major said. "One my best men and eight pokegirls very valuable to this unit disappeared without a trace and hasn't been heard from in ten years. In fact that expedition may be the very reason we were attacked the last time."

"Yes but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try again. We've pushed our luck farther then it ever should have gone and we can't afford to keep pushing it. Contact with the outside will provide us with a safety net, one we desperately need."

The Major's second spoke up next. "Just who would you have us send? It doesn't do my pride any favors to admit it but we're a community of old men and women. Most of us are winded and spent after a half day in the fields, we're in no shape to go on an expedition that would have been taxing when we were still young Rangers," she said.

"Well there are some in the village who aren't quite that old...," the doctor alluded.

"Are you insane?" Simms snapped.

"Only in the last sixteen years have we even been able to have children," Captain Costanello said. "You're asking us to risk them on this?"

"I am well aware of that fact I assure you, but the facts remain, someone has to do this."

Before another round of questioning or yelling could begin Major Hammond stepped in. "Thank you Doctor, that will be all."

The Doctor nodded and left the building to let the counsel consider his words. Half an hour later the counsel summoned Alan, Jeremy, and the other three orphans of the village to the central hall.

***************************

"Complete bullshit," Jeremy snarled again.

"You didn't have to accept it you know," Kevin pointed out. "None of us did."

"Oh the hell we didn't," he snapped. "'Gee kids, would mind taking a little trip to try and save the village? Sure you'll probably die along the way but we'd really appreciate it!'" he imitated. "Give me a break, if any of us had said no we'd have gotten every shit job they could give us for the rest of our lives, not to mention they'd be sure to let everyone know we'd refused."

"Still, you didn't have to come."

"Whatever, but would it have killed them to at least give us a gun or something?"

Alan had to admit that that portion was in Jeremy's words, 'bullshit.' He could understand their reticence to give them weapons, the council was correct that the village needed them for defense but after how important they had said this mission was their refusal to give them even a pistol was hard to reconcile. Given that there wasn't anything that either of them could do about it Alan didn't answer hoping that his best friend would take the hint and move on.

Jeremy huffed in annoyance when Alan refused to respond, he knew the way his best friend communicated that he didn't want to talk about something any more but it was still annoying after sixteen years. "Guess what happened in the counsel meeting after we left."

"Just tell me," Alan said with a touch of annoyance.

"Jackass. Anyways, Captain Jack made an announcement, you know that girl of his, the one with the red skin and the tail?"

"Yeah, Silla she's a Charmada right?"

"The hell if I know, but that's her. Anyways, Captain Jack stands up and tells the whole counsel, get this," Jeremy said looking like he was about to pop from excitement, "she's knocked up!"

"What!?"

"You know, knocked up, preggers, with child, propagating the...some species."

"Yeah no shit, what I meant is how?" Alan said.

"Well when a man loves a woman/animal...," Jeremy taunted.

Jeremy's smile got larger as Alan gave him a one fingered salute. "Very funny jackass. I'm serious, I thought everyone said that humans and pokegirls were to different to reproduce."

"Guess they were wrong."

"I bet Simms went ape shit," Alan said mirthfully. Just like everyone in the village save the ten or fifteen followers of the disgruntled Lieutenant, anything that pissed off Simms was a good thing.

"Oh you know it," Jeremy said jovially. "Starting yelling about how she should be destroyed, that she's a freak, a menace, all his usual line of crap."

"So what happened?"

"Bout what you'd expect, Captain Jack tried to shove Simms' nose through the back of his skull with his fist."

"The man's a bit touchy about his girls."

Jeremy nodded in agreement. "Oh yeah, but get this, the Major didn't even get in Jackson's face for punching Simms, just told Simms to shut up."

"Damn, I guess everyone is getting sick of his bull."

Jeremy's voice lost most of its joy as he said, "Well you can't really blame the guy, first he finds out that his entire family is dead in a pokegirl attack, two days later he looses the bottom two thirds of his leg to a pokegirl and a week later he finds out that now half his country is under water. The guy's got a good reason for the way he feels."

"Yeah well, I can understand it but he keeps trying to screw the rest of us over with it. Like it or not the world's different and we've gotta learn to live in it. We've gotta learn to live with them." Alan finished off his sentence with a sweeping gesture towards the forest.

The two digested what they'd said for a minute before Jeremy asked, "You hear about old man Malin?"

"No, what?"

"Lost another cow today."

Alan shook his head. "He loses those cows faster then they have calves, pretty soon there won't be any left. Heck, that herd of his is probably half the reason there's always plenty of wild ones around here. So what happened."

"The usual, couple of cow wandered to close to the forest down south. Three of those spotted cat looking girls nailed one. Before the heifer even knew what was happening one of them ripped its whole throat out, it wasn't even good and dead before two of those girls were dragging it back into the forest."

"What about the third one?"

Jeremy grinned. "That little girl got greedy. She went for another cow and Malin nailed her with a load of buckshot."

"She alright?"

"Course she is, you know it takes like ten rounds from one of the Ma Deuces," Jeremy gestured over his shoulder towards one of the guard towers, "to put one of those girls down, just knocked her out is all."

"So what did he do with her?"

Jeremy grinned. "Gave her to Newt."

"You gotta be screwing with me."

"Nope, gave her to his boy."

"That lucky sonuvabitch," Alan spat.

"Yeah no shit, Mr. Malin even chained her down for him."

"Damn."

"Yeah, apparently she's a Boobcat," Jeremy held his hands in front of his chest like he was trying to hold a pair of melons against it, "Got a set of knockers out to here!"

"What are you two pervs talking about up here?" sang out a familiar female voice.

Jeremy froze with his hands making a squeezing motion and Alan took the opportunity to mess with him. "Hey Misha, Jer was just talking about your tits."

Misha glanced at Jeremy's hands before joining in on the teasing. "Awww, aren't you sweet, but I'm not that big," she quickly grasped her own assets, "see, a big B at the most."

Jeremy paled and his hands dropped to his sides fast enough to do a professional shop lifter proud.

Misha smiled and gave herself a quick final squeeze before letting herself go and asking, "Seriously, what were you two talking about."

"Newt's new Boobcat," Alan said.

"Oh, that. Lucky little bastard."

"Yeah, that's what we said," Jeremy added.

"You think we'll wind up with any pokegirls from this," Misha asked.

Jeremy nodded. "We're gonna have to if we wanna last out there."

"It's also the only thing that's gonna make this trip worth taking," Alan joked.

"You got that right," Misha agreed with a smile. When she caught sight of the mildly shocked looks on her friends faces she fired off sarcastically, "Oh don't gimme those looks, you two have known for as long as I have."

"What a waste," Jeremy muttered as he joined Alan in gazing out over the forest.

Misha squeezed in between them and gave each of them a playful nudge of her hips. "Oh don't be mad, you two know that if I swung that way I would have already given it up to both of you, maybe even at the same time," she teased.

Alan and Jeremy quickly glanced at each other of the top of Misha's dirty blonde hair. "No thanks," they said simultaneously.

"Pfffft, if I offered to put out for the both of you at the same time you'd jump at the chance."

"Maybe, but which one of us would get the mouth and who'd get the pussy?" Jeremy asked.

"Who said anything about my mouth?" Misha asked seriously before breaking down into a giggle.

"And she called us pervs," Alan said as Misha calmed down.

"Seriously now, are we gonna spread out like they want us too?" Misha asked.

"Hell no!" Jeremy exclaimed. "We'd get picked off in the first day if we go it alone."

"No, I was figuring we could all head out together," Alan said.

"All of us?" Misha asked curiously.

"Well the three of us," Alan replied.

"What about Mark and Touji," Misha asked.

"You really want those assholes to come along with us?" Jeremy asked.

"Not like they would anyway, we've all be in that damn orphanage for the last fifteen years together and I don't think either of them has ever said a word to me except when they were trying to pick a fight."

"Well I didn't think you'd want them along but I had to ask," Misha said.

Everyone fell silent as the sun dipped below the horizon and the fiery rice paddies returned to their normal water logged appearance. In the distance the city's ruins once again resembled a mass of giant tombstones.

"Last night in here, what do you guys wanna do?" Jeremy asked.

"Dunno, but let's head to the apartment," Alan replied.

The trip down the stairs built into the wall wasn't a quick one. They hadn't been designed with casual use in mind and were closer to being a six meter high ladder then a set of stairs. Thankfully the bottom four meters of the wall were backed by a gently sloped mound of earth. The trio's journey through the village was quiet, with the sun setting everyone was or had returned home and the only illumination on the streets was candle or fire light from the open windows of the houses and shops that lined the packed sand streets.

They quickly arrived at their home and climbed the outside stairs to the second level where they lived. The bottom floor was taken up by the town bakery as well as the baker and his wife. They'd never had any children of their own and when the orphans had lost their parents in a pokegirl attack 15 years ago they volunteered to help raise the children.

As usual the apartment was a disaster, the kitchen was buried in a pile of dirty dishes and glasses while the dining and living room had clothes, books, and various pieces of junk strewn about. They all knew the condition of the bedroom and bathroom.

"Maybe we should clean this mess up," Misha suggested.

"Yeah probably," Alan agreed.

Jeremy sighed, "Last night in civilization and we're going to spend it cleaning up this crap."

Author's Notes

1) Like the title suggests this story is set in 37 P.S. For those of you not well versed in PG world time keeping here's what that means. Right up until Sukebe (the guy who created the PGs) shot everything to hell the PG world's history was the same as ours. Eventually what was left of the world after all the destruction added another date designator, like B.C. and A.D., P.S. for Post Sukebe. I'm a little fuzzy on the date of the switch over, it happened sometime between 2000 and 2005. Most PG stories take place around 300 P.S. but I thought it might be interesting to write something a little earlier.

Acknowledgements:

Lighthawk - My designated pre-reader, who subjected himself to this way too often.

Warpwizard - Who's given me a lot of advice on the mechanics of my writing.

Notes:

Feedback: bsmartfanfic@yahoo.com

Wanna get pissy in person? Come on over and bitch me out: http://s87753679.onlinehome.us/forums/index.php?act=idx

For updates and just my general bitching: http://www.livejournal.com/~bsmart

You don't need to tell me I suck, I'm well aware of that.