Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ +Memory+Tower+ ❯ Pillar I: Jadiack's Clash ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Whoa, I actually posted it. It seems I WAS gonna wait until I had about five chapters done before posting it anywhere, but three's enough I think. I've gotten very attached to this story lately since it's the second remake of this horrible one-paragraph-per-chapter fanfic I made when I was nine. It had absolutely zero character development and plot, and I stopped at chapter 6. It did, however, inspire me to make a remake when I was older that got wiped from my hard drive at about 14 chapters. So I took a year or so before writing this to actually develop a convincing set of characters and a plot for my story, so I'm pretty confident this will be the last remix.
It's pretty dark for the first couple of chapters (the first three to be exact) and pokemon are only easily recognized during the fourth chapter. There ARE pokemon in the first three chapters, however, and I'm sure you'll all recognize them. Just don't expect them to be mentioned casually until the fourth chapter exactly. Hope you enjoy.
 
 
 
Memory Tower:
 
Pillar I: Jadiack's Clash
Another blast of rushing wind quickly bombarded the dark buildings of my old faraway city. The leaves blowing whimsically along their skyscrapers peaks in lovely delight as the swirling midnight sky reflected their beauty in a barrage of shimmering gems. The place was a striking sight, its platinum windows reflecting off a cerulean blanket of buzzing life along their darkened asphalt, shrouded in pale light being exuded from the young billboards flashing in every direction. Within all the midst of this excitement was my pair of curious eyes peering out of a raggedly armored apartment overlooking every sight.

“ Jadiack City ” I said dimly to myself watching all others activity in a searing mist let off by the mechanics below. “A little real.” I stepped back from my daily trite at the window and sat down on a rough chair, pondering what's left, as always. I lived in a pretty drably place, all the walls and ceilings caressed with an auburn coat, but offset by a few joyous pictures of happy creeks, and forests, never really portending to my taste though. I had been in this place for as long as I can remember, forsaken like a small indent of humanity washed away by forgotten memories.

Just like me.

So painfully like me.

My wrinkled red
tee shirt waved in symphony of the upcoming wind, flowing the locks of my earthly brown hair (ruffled and shaken in every direction and falling down by my shoulders) that quickly scattered along my pale white skin, and ultramarine blue eyes glowing in the glisten of moonlight. Wavy green cargo pants protected my legs from the shivering cold, but surely the elegant black sneakers I had picked up along my expressed the still active link I had with mainstream society.

A mere bed accompanied while I lay still in deep thought, pondering over and over the question that kept hitting me over and over. Why can't I feel free? Why can't I feel happy? Sure, I've felt happy here before, but it's nothing tangible. Nothing I can taste, and spread throughout all of my self. It's just an empty feeling, a flat emotion. And yet, I've learned to bear. Live, experience, relive, and forget. The basic concept of life here, anyway. To live in a veil of watery rifts stroked with remembrance and loss constantly overlapping.
 
I'm not exactly sure when I got here. Ten years, ten and a half? Every year here seems forgotten. I only realize who I am, and after every excursion I seem to be wallowing within this room. It's so strange, I never feel like I've grown in any way, and yet, I've managed to be here long enough to familiarize myself with this raged room. I always ell myself, this is my home; I must've been living here for so long. And yet, it never quite feels like a home, more like a place I just can't stop visiting, as if there's something beyond this platinum town. All I remember since I've been here is this pale body etched with sorrows and limited world beyond my bedside window.

But deep within me, I believe there's a place I can be somewhere else. I don't really feel sad here, just empty. There must be a different world out there, just ripe for the picking, having luscious fulfillment with dreams just waiting to unfurl. Yes, that's it. A place where I can feel home. But behind all the impossible inquiry's I've come to develop, just one unfathomable bind seems to slip through my fingers.

That thing.

That beast I just can't just tame. I've chased it all my life, wishing it could reveal it's shrouded mysteries. The thing I can't see no matter how much I rack my brain for answers. That relic that I know lies within me, but just can't get out.

I get up, and stand gazing into the threshold of the high life yet again, everything flowing in equal anticipation through the brick iron opening. So corrupt, yet complete all at the same thing.

I feel like I could never forget it, yet what it really is escapes me.

It's always confused me, sought me, and sent me spiraling into a world of discontent without reason. It's not whatever bumbling mistakes I've made in the past years of my forgotten life. It's that world that lies too far away, taunting me with imagining blurs. Collages of municipal color all tied together with my own fantasies. An ever so dazzling diamond stroke, coupled with an ivory satin green swirling in unbelievable motions, a versatile blue ball fluttering along all the chaos from the fairy green's tip, and exhibiting an abnormal vibration of a twiddling rainbow aura, soon all collapsing in my mind.

I lifted my view from the exuding window and over to my light brown
messenger bag with the strip tied around my back and opening for convenient use. I usually used it for my daily travels along forty-second, scavenging what was left from the demolition of the old Sandres Place , and working secretly for the famous consumer, Bradford, slyly stealing my pay from their private stores. I still believe I have some sort of virtue within me, though I can never deny a pay raise. As I found my weak stomach's desires, I had always come to pass their rating mansion. And as if in a twist of fate, there was a tattered notebook I had come across in my now average exploration.

Its pages danced in a wither chapped fortune as another barrage of wind invaded, and the cool breeze of mid-autumn evening entered with a fragrance of dabbled rosemary and a pinch ginger blowing across a barren wasteland of devoid property. I breathed the heavy scents in with a huff, and stopped the cascading waterfall of pages from the fairly average notebook with a dull reaction form my palm, and took out a sharp rake of blue, green, and other multi-colored pens.

In a silent daze, I scratched the tips against the smooth, vanilla parchment with robust vision, compromising my thoughts into a drawn image of complicated measures. Drawing always calmed my mind whenever anything felt out of sync. Unfortunately, these feelings weren't as far in between, and so my notebook was filled with drawings upon drawings often accompanied by a bunch of scribbled paragraphs that seemed to go on for ages, describing my every thought, my every worry, and every philosophy. The notebook served to that purpose. I kept all my thoughts, dreams, and hopes, in one place so I could look back and continue to strive for something better. The picture had come to fruition, and a thousand blurry colors mixed and whole seemed to dive and resurface out of the imperial pool of misunderstanding.

I see so many palettes, with so many objects out of place. Like a clash of entities, all battling to express a single message but all being shoved to the side by each other's ignorance. It just looks so wrong. Feels wrong too. Carved in misguided mirth, oh so scattered in confusion. No sense is made of it; it's just there for no reason. Like me, just there. Unable to thrive in a plain of life not meant for one catalyst soul such as it, or I. Presently, I shuffled my feet up on the floor, and shunned away from the stress filled image implementing itself into my daily life yet again.

Outside my abode, I lazily glazed the pearly white stars, hoping, perhaps on just a simple wish, something would happen. Out of my sight for the moment, a black silhouette flew mysteriously around my city spiked wings of sheathed metal. After hearing a horrific scratch against my brick, I went pushing my head out to face another onrush of air booms, and seeing it fly with such spark in immediate grace, jumping and gliding between the clear plateaus of metal, widening its curved spine, and showing off it being coated with a shiny link of rectangular slabs. But it was still shrouded in the shadows of
night, light only shedding the outline of this miraculous creature by the stars. But nothing excited me now. It was just a random bird, bigger than usual, foolishly looking like a mechanical by mere trick of the moonlight and off on a clumsy rampage. I began to shut down the upper shield of its framed structure, when something more powerful than wind passed me by.

The bird flew again by my windowsill. I caught a glimpse this time as it just barely scratched the surface of my stonework. It had a face of iron, and a beak of some sharp substance darker than the metal before. A bird, doused with metal? An abnormal hawk, or eagle, melded around steel and living to soar the skies?!  But how?  In a frozen moment of time, I lost the chance to speculate more as it bombarded past my glazed eyes once again, revealing a thick flake of iron that had scatted off its hide in my direction, with the under side of such a window just pulled. 


 I blanked out as the scorched slab spiraled towards me at blistering speed, just certainly whizzing along in my direction. It had a certain essence about it as it came nearer, and I hadn't noticed I already backed off into the front encirclement of the room where all the tiles danced around. I felt the pulsing sense of mystery as if my medium had finally opened its third eye.
 
The slab scarcely missed myself, and pinned itself sharply along the framework of my wooden cottage on the opposite wall of mine. I pushed the slight thatch of hair reappearing in front of my forehead to the side, and slowly, I walked in a dysfunctional limp over near the slab and out of the vicinity now scattered with the many shattered pieces of glass over the field of the outside window. But with a slightly more eager manner, I stumble over to the flake only feet away from its crisp entry into the wood. I simply sought answers as I gazed upon its shocking being, when I suddenly realized the bird might be out again. I scrambled back to the portal, crunching miniscule pangs of glass in my wake, eagerly yearning for that same manifestation of darkness to explore the skyscrapers.

I was hoping for another glimpse but there was nothing more but a few forsaken leaves fluttering amongst over powering airlift. A dash of befuddled thoughts came rushing into my mind. What was this `metal bird'? Maybe it never was, even I did swear to see it just a few moments ago. Maybe, this is the after product of losing so many memories-the act of foolishly creating your own. Presently, the mere mentions of delusion crossed into my plain of thought, and I sought to rub my frozen arms in a stolid stance, wondering if you really could realize if you'd gone insane or not. Maybe you would think that everything's normal, and not the real aspect of ludicrous society once would have seen through the rose tinted glasses of a maniac. I kept saying to myself “I've adapted to the cold, the wind just doesn't feel as strong.”

Maybe, the wildness of my burning imagination combating the true feeling of reality has kept me warm with an ember of pseudo-life. Or maybe, I've just forgotten the worldly feeling of temperature control, and I'm living in my own safeguard of emotions oh so far from the rest! Could it happen! Could it? These thoughts grew achingly within me as I grabbed my throbbing head in the response to the waves of inhumane worries crashing against my skull, leaning over to avoid the clear chips of glass threatening to impale my soles.

My eyes writhed with stress as I felt more pain again, that there is no metal bird. I'm just being crazy again and abandoned by my fantasies at the moment. Once it returns, I'll feel better. I'm just suffering-suffering from a withdrawal of my daily trite. If I just stay here it will be back. But, it's not real. I'll always be like this, stuck in ball of meshed up borderlines with me sitting and waiting for something that's not gonna happen. But, why can't it be real? Why not? “ It's not,” I quietly whispered out to myself in a burst of unrelenting sadness, as I had lain slumped up near the side of the wall with my fist presently being imprinted on the front layer of my fantasies wall.

A note of rest in silence danced over the space in between me and the other side of my home. I could only hear the whistles blow from the cross-guard making his nightly dues at such an hour. I kept my arms clenched around my fetal legs and my head low in a position of anguish at my own existence.
 
 But at the other side a mute ringing began to form within the forgotten slab of metal stuck within the wall, vibrating at a slow pace at first, but increasing to a ravage shake from side to side. It peaked my interest as I heard it's rampant shaking, and my ears decided to listen closely to its bewitching motions. But strangely, the mute sound grew into a dim lull of stinging noise, not hearable to me at the time. The note grew larger and larger however, and I've gotten notice of it now. After lifting my head from humiliating pose- on order by the lulls command- I just stared at it now. As I keep watching, it became a showdown now between a ravaging iron and a broken soul.

I could see it try to do something, but the effort was just too much. The more I watched; the more sense it made for me to get back up. After brushing off the ledges of my pant legs, I dragged my feet over to spinning metal, completely wary of the impossible circumstance of it flying off of it's hinges. With every small beat, it began to give me hope. I didn't know what it was, or what was happening now, but I did see it giving me something to do. I saw it giving me another reason to keep going through these many plains of consciousness.

But I still felt so scared. This could all be another figment of my imagination, and as I began to feel the smooth, icy surface of the slab in ravage, I cringed with the thought it was somehow cursed by own will in some twisted conundrum in which I gave up hope; hope of anything. But as I felt it more, the need to give way started to fade. I began to burn all my impending doubts, making a blaze of determination and I thought to grip the iron with more force than usual. I felt that maelstrom within me uproar into a flurry of embers, and at that time I already stopped the slab from shaking with both hands.

But I stopped for an instance in decision. Should I? I might not want too. It might be so much easier to simply run the cool blade through my hands and feel the stinging pain that I've seem to have always known throughout my pseudo years. “Perhaps, it's meant to be.” I said to my self in silent distress. I lightly loosened the grip a bit while I slipped out of that phase of such ferocious confidence. “But.” But what? To just think of it, rightfully groping along for the sharp edge. To forget about all my futures and worries. To forget..  I suddenly uprooted myself esteem and locked my hands around the slab once more.
 
“To forget...” I murmured in a dark tone with my eyes shrouded in shadows, the streetlights now flickering on upon the home front of the city in recognition. Anyone could forget. Anyone cold say there's nothing more beyond my window and keep on living behind a befuddled wall of fear. Would I stoop to such measures? Would I decide to seal myself into a world of constant questions and disappointing answers? “Never.” I remarked coolly to myself in a stampede of pure rally, and with one swift grunt, I unleashed the slab from the wooden carcass and jammed it forward, making it fly like a boomerang outside the window's broken hole and upwards into the darkened sky.

Presently, I took a second to realize the deed I had just committed. With a small eagerness power walk-turning into a run now-I gazed out to see that the steelwork had still been twirling up and around into the deeply night sky. I began to turn my back and wonder how did I seem to catapult that slab so much out into the sky, and still have it running? But of course, I declared my incredible awesomeness propelled the inhumane thrust as usual. Yes, of course.

I leaned back against the framework of the window in an angst post and a wicked smile creeping across me as I continued my self-congratulating of the ever so obvious success. But I ended a little too quickly as I whirled around and back outside to look again for the slab in a shocked motion. I just remembered that maybe, or not, a certain steel sheltered silhouette would be attracted to locate it's lost member. With every streetlight on now, it should definitely be seen now, I thought to myself. Now, I had proof.
 
I waited for what seemed like an eternity. If that bird doesn't come, I thought it might be undeniable reason that I..should, being in here too long to remember actual life. I vowed I would; give up for real if it happened, no matter the circumstance. But I never seemed to mull over the consequences as then, a blitzing spike of silver shine came charging into the airspace above the clamp now right above my own eyes. It shone with brilliance unrivaled by anything I had ever seen! It unleashed its magnificent wing stretching from its left side and had it accompanied by such a rich coat of teardrop shaped slabs that I almost gasped in admiration! I watched in awe as the mechanical slab magically floated over with gusto into the safe haven of the miraculous creatures on stretched wings.
 
I could've never felt more astonished. Those flailing feathers, the expansible wings! Maybe-for the shortest moment-touch its brilliance, oh so I hoped. I started to tremble as my meager arm slid over through the ranks of wind protecting the iron marvel in that short glimpse of time, and within a fabulous ecstasy, the sublime mystic color of when I brushed the tips of my finger against it's back tail flushed upon me in an immediate bounce of joy. But within a seemingly planned motion of action, the fowl swished itself to the side in mid-air and zoomed off forward, deeper into the engulfing light of the city.
 
It seemed like I didn't really react, as much I flowed. Before I realized, my body had already sensed what to do. That creature, that beautiful, beautiful creature, I mustn't let it go away! I found myself grabbing my flowing crimson raincoat for warmth in a high of satisfaction as I greedily thrust open my own door and began to make a powerful sprint to the main square of the city, rushing through crowds of minorities, where all public domain resided near the harbor. I felt my heart beat with a new rhythm as I cringed in pride, masterfully dodging throughout the oncoming wave of people selecting their location. It was almost like; this new wonder placed something worth getting excited about.
 
As I dodged, and darted throughout the score of melancholy dispositions, it was almost like I had been renewed in a basking aura of simplicity that the sky gazer had bestowed me. A feeling of pure glee, a symbol of what I've longed for, for so long; happiness. I managed to get near the center of town before I saw the steel denizen make a sharp glance at my self-overlooking the square atop a sinister black tower laden with mirroring reflections of the colorful surroundings below it. But if like magic, it withdrew a few paces backwards and retreated back into dark sky.
 
It won't be getting away, I thought. Quickly, I shifted direction, and started a massive burst of speed through the street way, ignoring the bright flashes of yellow, red and orange from the looming mechanicals above me in their frail attempt to give them my attention. A deep crimson red motorcycle grazed the side of my shoe as I eagerly made a Jay Walk into the streets. I should've been afraid of that; I should've been worrying about cleaning that jacket before going out. But I wasn't going to then. That thing was now more important to me than anything else I could think of. After crossing the befuddled masses, I noticed a small whirlwind off to my right near the business district, and a cone of dust around an invisible force. With great action, I changed direction to my right and off into the cybernetic building bathed in a glow of neon green lines traveling from skyscraper to skyscraper. I quickly guided myself beyond the bleak sidewalks and through another barrage of suited businessmen in much hurry as I, and them had very important things to do. I stopped for a moment to catch my breath near a small brush and tree fixated near one of the many stoops. Everything was just too massive to search for such an entity.
 
Surely, I thought, this place's valiant strokes of color in the wind should be able to unmask it. I looked up, and saw nothing but more greenish-black. The massive pillars had already hid whatever light was beyond the horizon, and the neon wasn't enough.. But with that, a pinch brilliance hit me again as I limped over in exhaustion to the rear of one of the skyscrapers I was closest to, and scanned the rusted fire escape stair case up to the ceiling of the town, and roof of the building.
 
In another length of anticipation, I staggered over and up the rusted steps, and landed gently upon the elevated top of the electronic mass. I overlooked the rest of the city before really searching for it. It had such a sinister glow, with each district marked in a different colour combining with green, purple, yellow, and red. It was in it's top invert of the technologic age, and everything had a stream of bright commercials overlapping, and disguising the ancient lies and betrayals having been took place so long ago, so deep in the idea that such maniacal behavior has only just affected the city in it's recent rebirth. But I no longer cared about that anymore. I didn't care about anything regarding this messed up city anymore. All I cared about was now. I turn around in a rage of ignorance towards that neon, and turn my attention over to the fluttering light of the empty harbor on the isolated section of Jadiack town.
 
Boats never came into their docks, and no one ever left them. It was a cynical trap of unsure origination, but no longing for any solution. No one ever came, no one ever went. There had only been forgotten woodwork and abandoned ships still lying dormant around the place of forsaken wonder. I stood up in an upright position with a now renewed strength, and I try to relocate that mythic once again, and for good this time.
 
I don't see anything, besides than night. But then I see it! Scouring the boat sides! It just so happened to be walking around the outside of a ship, near it's redder underside. The thing shone out from the darkness simply in an opening of white blurs reflecting off its wing in some magical way. I could see the under feathers of it's fiery red sheath too. I just had to get down there before it left! In a woeful distress, I scramble down the encampment of rust in a vicious attempt to sacrifice class for more agility. After bumping my leg hard on the armored footsteps, I stopped for a wince of pain, but still manage to glide over to the outer bank of the harbor, oh so close to the mesmerizing waves galloping over that sandy beach.
 
The mechanical starkly glanced over to me (in preferable wreck from all the outrage I had gone through to catch it) through it's scintillating, red eyes. I huffed and puffed within an uncomfortable circumstance as the two of us shared a leer of ritualistic break. But the moment passed, and I slowly started to trail towards the creature in a soft whim of my own content. It seemed to be calm and collected as I wandered further, and allowed me to get closer to the boat, and eventually around it as it ruffled it's feathers in an expected manor, still a shy `fraid from the chase, I assume. It's eyes wandered around the place that we bore, but it's attempts began to grow weary as it seemed overcome by it's own search. I noticed, so I tried to find any source of peripheral objects but it was dark enough that I couldn't make out a thing (other than the sterling silver beauty before me).
 
I was just before the bird's core as I pushed my hands out to see if I was near some sort of object other than iron, but I ended up feeling that mesmerizing steel yet again. I ignored any other attempts at my now forgotten quest and instead tread my hands down it's wing in lust, a tad surprised it still hadn't fled from my grasp. The boiling touch (cooled down by the breezy winds) infatuated me with the broken essence of undying desire in full fledging. I caressed down the upper rim of its left wing, but a large bump stopped me, causing the end of my exploration, and a bit of startled-ness on my end. The juggernaut started to fluster itself, but I continued to investigate the mysterious object clipped upon its wing by feeling it around with my hands, quite intent. I stopped for a second right there when I felt a lone pole coming up from the top a rectangular box, backing off accordingly, just realizing what it was.
 
An intercom.
 
As if it had read my mind, the scarlet falcon rose up into the air in a disgruntled thrust, and flashed a shield of razor wind onto my face as it flapped furiously at me in mid air. A barrage of dust, and peppered rocks sent me swooshing backwards with such a high degree of force that I was sent headfirst into the sand. In a bizarre confusion, I fell in awe as I saw its wing glow in a brilliant white light. It lit up the area perfectly, just like the city was! I could see now that just below him was a raft, one with six connecting logs and tightly fastened with eight batches of yellow rope connecting them. Around the inside of it happened to be a small fence of cut down boards to help serve a wall to the water, and then a final log pillar standing straight up to serve as a grand mast with the perfect, white   sheet hanging off the spectacular piece. It was so strange; I never noticed it from aerial view of the port. It looked like it was just made, even. With a new curiosity ensued, I started to go back near the iron hawk, but it's glowing stopped, and darkness fell blind upon the area again.
 
It was hard to see, but the small outline I saw of the bird I saw had was begging to fly even higher. With a spiteful heart, it had widened its wings and spiraled off in a burst of ecstatic energy. With a rough astonishment, it stopped my track of thought for a good minute as I could only hear the faint ping of its departure ring through my ears. But with a same edge, I messily stringed myself back up from the ground, and still felt the emptiness floating around the place. I forgot to think in my frozen response to its fleeting, and with yet another motion of indifferent jogging towards it's direction in the sky, an abrupt thought came jarring into mind. Every step I took ahead seemed to be a woeful nick in the copper stone of my apprehension. I was being pulled over and over with my feet tripping and shifting more and more as I felt the raft getting nearer to me. I was right before the barge in the most painful of ecstasies as I felt another embrace from the goddess of misfortune constantly beating my heart with the hammer of imperial suffrage. My eyes deadened with a silver circle harboring within the confines of white pupils.
 
Everything became blurry as the hurting memory from previous steps cheeped upon me again. I couldn't see through my clouded eyes of gray. I felt as if collapsing right then and there. What is this? I don't want to do this! My steps ceased in immediate result, and the battalion of uncomfortable awareness calmed. I should go back, safe in my home.  Was this all according to fate? I still had so many questions, what was this thing, why had it come to me, what did this raft mean? I saw the juggernaut glide fly so far away from me, so far into the seas, I couldn't resist taking one step forward before I realized at that one moment, no. No. I could never leave Jadiack. The world beyond, what if none exists? What if I'm lost, beyond any survival, wallowing in sadistic nothingness.? But, surely, I wasn't going to go back now? Not after all those days spent wishing for another world, a raft to take me away. It felt so awful, though. But it was too late. Fantastically, an uprising of electric orange stings of light erupted beside my feet, and I felt my adrenaline.
 
As I stood there, frozen for just a second, I wondered. Is there anything beyond the sea? Beyond this horrible little island? Maybe someplace nothing could never inhabit. Something, beyond an end? I felt all my being, being drained away as I slowly closed my silvery eyes and gently collapsed upon the softest sand. My system felt weak No longer could I brave the elements of mystery fleeting around me in disguise, and I blacked out into nothingness in the utmost of burnout.
 
 
The armored stork returned. It glided in playful dances of the sky, and twirled around the forgetting body. It dipped its feet down onto the rim of redding boat near the raft, and cocked it's head curiously at the one now lying yards away from it. It let out a victorious “Kck-Kyuu!” and flew just beside him in a grateful fancy. Slowly, he scooped the boy underneath it's broad wings and lazily glided over to the raft, landing down upon it's wooden floor, and leaving the boy there to contemplate his sleep. Then under a dutiful force, the bird kicked up into the sky, doubled back, and slid masterfully underneath a rope that had been left in front of the raft like an arch, just perfect for a stout pulling from another candidate. After securely setting up it's reign for there leave, the metal masterpiece fluttered it's wings up in the air, then began the journey off into the sea with flapping wings and a steady tail.
 
--
 
 
I don't remember much when I wallowed within the blackness of my mind, rendered unconscious by some extraordinary incantation. I was tempted over and over to forget, to forget, and I could only keep remembering who I was by chanting my name over and over.
 
“..Reckard...Reckard..”