Pretear Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Mina, beyond her heart ❯ Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

[Sailor Moon/Prétear crossover]

All standard disclaimers apply.

Mina, beyond her heart

Written by mystlady (mbmflipsyahoo.com)

[Sasame x Venus fic]

Time frame: Beginning episodes of Prétear and after the Sailor Moon Super S movie, The Black Dream Hole (right before Sailor Stars Season) I've only seen 4 episodes of Prétear and I'm still waiting for my future copies… Sorry. XD. Summary/ratings is subject to change.

Mina Aino; she's a cheerful, easygoing and lovable person whose an ace volleyball player, an aspiring singer/model/actress and as an alter-ego of Sailor Venus! Yet, it seems that this confident 16 years old girl is naturally gifted in the sports and the arts, like any other teenage girls hopes for a brighter future until those dreams shattered.

All hope is lost when she miraculously survived an attack from a powerful, vicious enemy though its impact left her an emotionally and physically scarred for life. The heroic deeds of her kindness cost her everything in the bitter end and sentencing her to a punishable cruel fate, alternating her destiny.

No longer a carefree girl that she is once known, can her heart truly be set free from hatred emotions bounded by the turbulence of her past?

--Regarding Mina: Part 1--

"This is pretty neat," Himeno Awayuki commented, browsing through the pages of the latest Sailor V manga issue brought in by her best friend, Yayoi Takashina on a warm lazy Saturday afternoon. The girls were enjoying a deserving break after working diligently on their homework, tackling mind boggling subjects such as Math and Science. Arrghh… This is such a pain in the ass… Himeno screamed in frustration earlier on, her temper nearly reaching to a boiling point but her sweet friend, Yayoi kindly intervene on her behalf. She taught her the easy steps to solve mathematical equations with ease and confidence that Himeno found it so enviously. She invited over Yayoi in the Awayuki mansion for an afternoon study session and they partnered up as study buddies. They sealed their partnership with a toast of delicious fountain drink made by Mr. Tanaka himself. Soon, peace settled into the patio and the girls were basking in the sunny, glorious weather.

"I didn't know you were into this stuff." Himeno remarked with a surprising look on her face. Yayoi's Sailor V manga collections were spread out on the table for her to read.

"Reading manga are my hobbies but at first, I didn't consider becoming a serious collector until Sailor V came into the scene," Yayoi explained, busy polishing the dust off her glasses. She was a mousy girl, very petite and has a heart-shaped sweet face with a long shoulder length brown hair. The two remained tight close as sisters even after Himeno's father, Kaoru remarried to the wealthy business executive Natsue. None of the other jealous, gossip-mongrels classmates would ever be interested making friends with a lesser person such as Himeno and she would be always grateful for Yayoi's friendship.

"Yeah, isn't Sailor V great?" Yayoi gushed, her eyes sparkled with admiration. "I mean, she's a great inspiration and a role model to all girls out there. She's the real deal!"

"She's not just a creation?" Himeno asked curiously, gazing at the Sailor V manga cover.

"Well, most of her legendary exploits were in England but during a mission, she was killed in the explosion." Yayoi informed her, looking visibly upset.

"Oh…" Himeno kept silence, saddened by that piece of information.

"It's so sad that her life ended so tragically…" Yayoi continued to speak, "We need more great heroes like her to make this world a better place."

Himeno smiled. "Well, I think fans like you are contributing to keep her legacy alive. Isn't that enough tribute?"

Yayoi pondered thoughtfully. "You're absolutely right." She agreed wholeheartedly, her entire face brightened with a renewed sense of vigor. She glanced at her wristwatch. It was close to 5 pm. "Oh geez, I'm late again for volleyball practice." She said mournfully, "The captain! She'll eat me alive this time!!" She began stuffing her things inside her duffel bag. Himeno handed the Sailor V manga to her but Yayoi shook her head and told her to keep it for awhile.

"It's too bad you can't stay any longer." Himeno sighed disappointedly.

"You know, the team is on a lookout for fresh new faces." Yayoi casually mentioned. "One of the regular players had a serious knee injury and she decided to drop out of the entire season." She gave Himeno a hopeful look.

"Errh…well… I'm kind of busy with some other things…" Himeno answered her feebly.

"You don't need to be competitive to play volleyball. It's all about fun and teamwork." Yayoi deliberately tried to convince her friend to join. I hope she buys it. "And besides, we can use a good help right now because we're outnumbered. I've been hearing rumors about another school team. We're playing against them in the next few weeks. Their captain is supposed to be pro-ace player. She'll squash us to the ground. It'd be nice if our school could make into the finals and I'll be happy to have a friend tagging along for support. I can't stand those annoying girls in my team!" She made a comical face and Himeno laughed in response. "Will you think it over?"

"I will, just give me some time." Himeno promised her sincerely.

"Great." Yayoi was genuinely smiling now. "I'll hold you to that promise okay?" She stood up from her chair to leave and slung the duffel bag over her right shoulder. "Bye for now." She leaned over and gave Himeno a warm hug.

"Bye Yayoi, take care." Himeno waved, watching her friend disappeared into the distance.

"Hey Tuliphead! Stop slacking off and get your ass on the double!" A familiar male voice called out to her teasingly whom she recognized. It was Hayate whistling innocently as he passed by in her direction dragging a cart behind him filled with plants. She cringed at the sight of him.

"Creep!" She threw him an irritated look which he ignored. Arghhh… I'd swear he drives me crazy sometimes. She caught herself staring down once more at the Sailor V manga. We need more great heroes like her to make this world a better place… She remembered those encouraging words from Yayoi which completely touched her, reminiscing back to the recent events how she fought and struggled in battles as the chosen Prétear.

I may not be as good as Sailor V but at least, I'm making a difference. She told herself proudly...

--Part 1 ends/to be continued--