Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Male or Female? ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Well, new story. I hope you like it. After writing 'Pet Shop' I felt like writing a non one-shot. Please Review!!! I'll give you the pairings you can choose from.

Takeshi Momoshiro/Kagome Higurashi

OR

Eiji Kikumaru/Kagome Higurashi.

*~*

Kagome sighed as she walked towards he new school. “Wow… I bet my new classmates will be so gender confused when they see me.” Kagome said to herself. She readjusted the position of her tennis bag and walked through the gates of the school.

Kagome walked through the school grounds and felt everyone gaze at her. “What a nice way to make a new student feel welcomed…” Kagome said under her breath. She didn’t blame them though.

She walked entered the school and started to try and find the principals office. Then she noticed a boy with violet eyes. She walked towards him. “Ano… Do you mind helping me to the principals office?” Kagome asked. The boy looked her up and down.

She sighed. ‘I don’t blame him…’ Kagome was wearing the boys uniform… Even though her features were feminine, she had a flat chest due to bandages, here hair was up in a messy ponytail and hidden in a cap.

“Ano… Can you help me?” Kagome asked again. Momoshiro Takeshi snapped out of his thoughts. “Yeah… I’ll take you there.” And with that Momo lead the way.

When they arrived Kagome gave her thanks and Momo walked away. Kagome looked inside the office and saw the secretary. “Ohayo… I’m a new student here and I need my schedule…” The secretary nodded.

“Kagome-san, here is your schedule. Do you think you’ll need a guide?” The secretary asked. “Iie. I think I’ll be able to manage.” The bell rung and Kagome was about to walk out.

Kagome looked at her schedule. On the corner was her locker number. She looked around. She sighed. ‘Maybe I should have asked for a guide…’ Kagome started to wonder around the school, in search of her locker.

*~* With Momo *~*

“Okay class, please open you books to page 183.” The teacher asked in a monotone voice. Momoshiro was close to dozing off when there was a knock on the door. “Come in.” The teacher had said. The door slid open and Kagome walked into the room.

“I see we have a new student.” The teacher said. Kagome nodded. “My name is Kagome Higurashi. I just got transferred here.” Kagome said. The teacher nodded. “Why don’t you say a little bit about yourself?”

Kagome thought a about it first. “Well… I live in a shrine, my favorite food is Oden and I like to play tennis.” Kagome said. Some of the girls looked at her and giggled. ‘Crap… Don’t tell me… They think I’m a guy…’ Kagome sighed.

“Take a seat beside Momoshiro-san. Please raise your hand.” Momo raised his hand and Kagome smiled when she saw him. “And Higurashi-san… Take off your hat.” Kagome sighed and took it off. Her ponytail tumbled down her back. It was long… Done to her lower back.

Kagome took a seat next to Momo. “Kagome-kun! Your hair is way too long for a guys…” Momo said to Kagome. ‘Wow… Everyone thinks I’m a guy… Might as well play along!’ Kagome thought. She smiled at her plan. This was going to be fun.

*~* Lunch *~*

At lunch, Kagome was walking around with Momo. “So Kago-kun… You said that you like to play tennis. Why don’t you join the tennis club?” Momo suggested as he walked beside ‘him’.

“I was going to do that after school. I already have the application form filled out.” Kagome said as she reached into her bag to find it. She took it out and gave it to Momo. “Do you know the Captain? I can hand the form in right now.” Kagome said.

Momo smiled. “Come with me. I’ll show you the courts.” Kagome smiled. “Arigatou!” She said as they walked together.

Out in the tennis courts, all the regulars were practicing for the up-coming interschool ranking. “Wow… Are these all of the tennis regulars?” Kagome asked. Momo shook his head. “Their missing a member.” Kagome looked up. “Who?” Momo smiled proudly. “Why, yours truly!” Kagome gasped. “Your in the regulars too? Damn, you must be good.”

Momo rubbed the back of his head. “It’s nothing.” As they walked toward Tezuka, Kagome got the chills. ‘Wow… Such a serious expression. I wonder if it hurts to keep looking like that for so long.’ Kagome tried to stifle the laugh threatening to spill from her lips.

“Tezuka-buchou, we have a new member of the tennis club.” Tezuka looked over to Kagome. “Do you have an application form?” He asked. Momo just gave it to him and he looked over it. “So, how long have you been playing tennis?” Kagome had a thoughtful look on her face. “Hmmm… Since I was five.” Kagome said. Tezuka nodded. “Fine. Your in but don’t think that you’re going to get special treatment just because you’re a second year. You’re going to start from the bottom.” Kagome nodded.

“So Kago-kun. How good of a tennis player are you?” Momo asked. “Well, I’m as good as you think I am, and if you can’t guess then I guess you need to play me.” Kagome said with a sly smile.

Momo looked confused. “In other words, how about you play me and find out?” Kagome said. Momo smiled. “That’s the kind of attitude all Regulars have.”

“Let me get my racket.” Kagome said as she reached into her bag. “Rough or smooth?” Kagome asked. “Smooth.” Kagome spun her racket. It fell. “Rough. Tough luck Momo.” Kagome said as she got into her position.

Kagome threw the ball in the air and did a fairly normal serve. Momo smirked and returned the ball. “And I thought that you would put more of and effort in this game!” Momo said in a teasing manner. They rallied for a while until Kagome decided to show him some of her moves. “Watch out Momo-senpai!” Kagome shouted.

Kagome did what looked like an ordinary backhand, but once it left her racket it traveled at an alarming speed. Once it hit the ground though, it bounced right at the back of Momo’s head. “Itai!” Momo said as he rubbed the back of his head. “That’s mean Kagome!” Momo yelled. Kagome just laughed. “You better be on your toes for this match!”

They were drawing a crowd and Kagome knew it. She laughed. “You better have better moves then these Momo-senpai!” Kagome said with mirth in her voice. “Here we go!” Kagome served again. Still a normal serve. They rallied until Momo caught her off guard.

“Better pay attention Higurashi!” Momo yelled as he did his signature move. “Dunk Smash!” Kagome attempted to get it but wasn’t fast enough. “Fifteen all. This is starting to be a fun match.” Kagome said as she served again. This time Kagome purposely did a lob that was high enough for Momo to reach. “Dunk Smash!” He yelled again. This time Kagome did a volley, but it hit the net. Momo smirked but was soon surprised that the ball had the ability to creep from half-way down the net to over it.

“Damn, you got some moves there Kago-kun.” Momo said while smirking. Kagome just laughed. “I got more where that came from. I would show you them but I’m afraid Kawamina-sensei will have my head for being late on my first day.” Kagome said as she went to her bag. “Come on! We’re going to get detention soon.” Kagome said as she walked away from the tennis courts and towards their small crowd.

As she left the crowd had started to converse with Momo. “Momo-senpai, who was that?” Echizen Ryoma asked. Momo just smiled. “He’s Kagome Higurashi. New student and one hell of a tennis player.” Momo said as he put his racket back into his bag. “He just might be the next Regular here in Seigaku.”

Inui looked into his note book. “Hm… There is a very high possibility that he’s gay… His movements are more feminine then Fuji’s.” Inui said as he observed Kagome walking away. Inui turned around and came face to face with Fuji. “What did you just say about me?” Fuji had asked in a calm, yet deadly tone. “Nothing, nothing…” Inui said as he turned to walk back to school.

“Now that you mention it, he does act somewhat like a girl…” Eiji said in a thoughtful way. “Maybe he’s just trying to hit on you Momo-chan.” Eiji said as a joke. That made Momo think a little. “Would Higurashi actually be gay?” Momo asked himself. Echizen laughed. “Even if he is, he won’t go for you.” Ryoma said, trying to get a rise out of his senpai.

Momo just thought for a while. ‘What if he was really trying to hit on him?’ He shook his head to rid the thoughts threatening to make him paranoid. “Iie, I don’t think he would be gay.” Momo said with a laughed. Eiji looked at him. “I almost thought that Higurashi was a girl at first.”

*~* Kagome *~*

Kagome was putting her books back when she suddenly sneezed. She rubbed her nose and looked around. “Someone’s talking about me… I just know it.” She then closed her locker. She headed on to her class.


*~* Owari *~*

So... New story. Same shit. Read and Review. And to anyone who might find the Fuji thing offensive, I mean no harm. So stick around for the next chapter. Also please take the time to read my one-shot 'Pet Shop'. It's also a Prince of Tennis/Inuyasha crossover.

Lingling