Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Male or Female? ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Herro! Lingling here. I hope you like the new chapter. I’m so happy so many people actually spent their time and reviewed. =D Thank you! Here are the polls right now for the pairings.

Eiji Kikumaru/Kagome Higurashi - 4
Takeshi Momoshiro/Kagome Figurate - 1

Come on! Let Momo get some loving! He’s charming! Anyways… Please review!

Chapter 2

Kagome sighed. If she knew ball picking was going to be on her schedule she might have reconsidered joining. She bent down to pick up the ball when a hand took it already. She looked up to see Eiji’s grinning face.

“Here you go Kagome-san.” Eiji said. Kagome smiled at him. “Arigatou Kikumaru-senpai. And call me Kagome.” Eiji smiled and placed the ball back into the basket.

“So how’s the tennis club?” Eiji asked as he stood up straight. Kagome did the same. “Boring… I wanted to play some intense games… Oh well… Guess everybody needs to start from the beginning.”

Eiji was called off to do practice and Kagome sighed. She saw a stray ball and went to pick it up. When her hand came close to it someone kicked it out of her way. “Don’t think that just because you can get chummy with our senpai’s that you can become a regulars so quickly.” Kagome stood up to see the assailant.

It was Arai and his followers. “I’m sorry you think that way demo… Regardless of how much I know the Regulars, I will still be a Seigaku regular after the Interschool rankings. I have the skills to.” Kagome said as she turned around.

This had angered Arai and he picked her up by the collar. “You really shouldn’t say that just because you have a special move. Momo-senpai had a sprained wrist while playing with you. If he was fully recovered then you would have lost.” Kagome smirked. “I know. So I gave him a handicap too.” Kagome smacked Arai’s hand out of the way.

“Tch. The hell you did… Listen carefully. That regular spot is mine. Not for some new long-haired kid. So get out of my sight.” He attempted to give Kagome a hard shove when she just moved to the side. Arai tripped on his feet and banged himself on a pole. “Gomen ne, demo if you really want to get that spot, you might want to be a little more agile and graceful.”

Kagome slung the basket over her shoulder and walked away, whistling. “Damn, him…” Arai said as he cradled his forehead in his hand. “You might want to put some ice on that to stop the swelling.” Kagome said as she walked around a corner and out of sight.

*~*

“Damn prick…” Kagome muttered as she went by the regulars while they were practicing. They were doing practice. They needed to hit the ball to the matching pylon. “Oh… Seems fun.” Kagome said as she observed them going at it. It was Momo and Eiji’s turn. Inui and Ryuzaki-sensei were the ones dishing out the balls.

“Blue!” Momo said as he hit the ball back. It hit the blue pylon. “Red!” Eiji did the same. Kagome smiled. This was what she wanted to do. This is one of the reasons she wanted to go to Seigaku. “Yellow!” Momo yelled as he almost tripped. “That was red I’m afraid…” Inui said as he came closer to Momo.

“No! Don’t do this to me Inui-senpai! Am I not your teammate???” Momo said as he backed off from Inui. “Don’t worry. This is a special blend. Each of these Inui Juices are especially made to suit the player best. Momo gulp and drank it down like a man. He paused. “Blah! What the hell was in that stuff?!? WATER!!!” Momo yelled as he ran out. He may have drank it like a man, but damn… He ran from it like a girl…

Kagome giggled at their antics. “Must be tough being a Regular eh?” Kagome said to herself. She smiled. She was determined to be a regular. She had things that she needed to prove.

*~* Arai *~*

‘Damn bastard…’ Arai thought bitterly. He was pissed off. First was that goddamn freshman, and now it’s some gay second year. “Argh!” He yelled out in frustration. He needed to humiliate him. So badly that he would never stick his face out in public again.

He went inside the change room to see Kagome’s bag. He smirked. ‘Fate is on my side today…’ He thought as he opened her bag. Three rackets slipped out. ‘Damn cocky bastard…’ The thought as he took each one and examined it. “Hm… Expensive… Oh well…” He said as he stepped onto the racket. The strings broke. He smirked. “Let’s see you do anything now Higurashi.” He said as he broke the other two.

*~* Kagome *~*

Kagome entered the change room to find her racket for practice. She saw that her bag was on the ground in disarray. She saw that her rackets were all broken. “Oh shit! Those were expensive!” Kagome wailed as she picked up what was left of her racket. “Goddamn it!” She shouted as she chucked them into the trash can. She sighed.

She put her bag back in place and walked out of the locker. “Damn, when I find out who did this I am going to kill him…” Kagome said as she walked to the practice area. She saw as everybody was playing and practicing when Momo came up to her. “Kagome, why aren’t you practicing?” He had asked. She shrugged. “My racket broke.” She answered simply.

“What about your back-up rackets” He asked as he handed her a Ponta he was holding. “They broke too.” Kagome answered as she popped the top and drank from the can. “So, what made you run like a girl from the court earlier?” Kagome asked teasingly. “What??? I do not run like a girl!” Momo yelled. There was a tinge of pink on his cheek as a result of being angered.

“Really, I thought you would be better then that. It’s just a drink… How bad can it be?” Kagome asked as she continued to drink. “Would you really like to know?” Momoshiro asked slyly. Kagome gulped. “I-iie… It’s fine…”

Before they could talk more Arai came up to Kagome. “Where’s you racket? This is practice. Are you so irresponsible that you would forget your racket?” Arai said smugly. Kagome just looked up to him. “Damn, I told you to put ice on your forehead. It looked like the size of Russia now…” Kagome said as she got up to throw her empty can away.

“Tch, your all just talk… If you’re so good then play me right now.” Arai challenged as he pointed the racket towards Kagome. She narrowed her eyes. “If you’re trying to prove that I’m weak then I’m sorry. That’s impossible.” Kagome said as she walked away with Momoshiro. Arai got mad.

“Running like a coward? Your all just talk. You can’t play at all…” Arai said, trying to get a rise out of Kagome. Kagome stopped and sighed. “Momo-senpai, do you mind if I borrow that racket for a second? I need to prove to people that I am not weak and never will be weak.” Kagome said with boredom in her voice.

“Sure… Since practice is over for us regulars…” Momo handed his racket over to Kagome. “Arigatou senpai.” Kagome said as she sauntered off to one of the tennis courts. “Come on… I don’t want to bother Momo-senpai that long…” She said. Arai gave a menacing growl. “Yeah, yeah, yeah… Whatever. I’ll let you serve.” Kagome said as she got ready. “Try to catch up to this!” Arai shouted as he made a fast serve. “Too slow…” Kagome said as she hit the ball right back. It shot like a bullet right past Arai.

Arai tried again. Same results. It had hit right beside him at an extremely fast rate.

“Baaaaaka… Show me something better.” Kagome said as she took the racket in and tapped it on to her shoulder. “Come on… My shoulders are getting stiff.” Kagome said as she yawned. This was seriously pissing off Arai. “Go to hell!” He shouted as he hit again. Kagome decided to humor him. She hit back a normal shot which Arai returned. “So that energy thing was just a fluke… You’re nothing Higurashi.”

This had seemed to cause a reaction in Kagome. She gave him a vicious glare. “Shut up!” Kagome shouted as she jumped and smashed the ball. It had skimmed his face. “Want to say that again?” Kagome asked with anger. Arai served, thinking, now that he was angry, he would be uncoordinated. He was so wrong.

“Don’t provoke me Arai. You don’t want me mad.” Kagome said in a deadly tone. “The last person who did that… Let’s just say, he didn’t wake up for five days.” Kagome saw Arai fault and lob the ball high. “Baka…” Kagome jumped and did a flip. While she was flipping, she brought her racket down and smashed the ball onto the court. It was hard and fast. It had bounced and hit Arai in the face.

“I can do a lot of things, but being weak isn’t one of them. I won. Now get out of my sight.” Kagome said in a tone that promised pain. Arai scrambled to get up and ran for it. “Bastard…” Kagome huffed as she gave the racket back to Momoshiro.

“Thanks for the racket. But now I got to go and buy some new ones.” Kagome said as she walked away from Momo. He blinked. He looked at the racket with a questioning gaze. ‘Did my heart just speed up?’ He had asked himself. He shook his head to clear the thought. “Nah… He’s just a friend.” Momo said as he walked away.

*~* Rest of the Regulars *~*

Up in one of buildings, the rest of the regulars had watched the match. “Wow… Kagome can sure get mad easily…” Ryoma said. The rest nodded. “Maybe Arai was just being an idiot by provoking her. He did say some cruel stuff. If I was him I would get mad too.” Oishi said as he leaned on the desk Tezuka was sitting in.

Tezuka had observed the match. He made his mind up. He wrote some words on the paper and left without another word. “I wonder…” Eiji said as he picked up the paper. On the last spot of the form was Kagome Higurashi. She was chosen to compete in the Interschool tournament. This was going to be good.

Eiji placed the sheet back on the table and smiled. “From the data I have collected, Higurashi-san has a 60% chance of being gay…” Inui had said as he readjusted his glasses. Eiji sighed. ‘Not this again…’

Thanks to those who reviewed:
Akikazu
Yuna4664366
Silver Moon Vampire
Shadow Miko
Sesshomarukagomeforever23iloveanime.cats34
Honey-senpai
DeathNoteMaker
Himiko Sanada
Hoku ala
Kage Otome
Cowgirlkitten2000
Regretfully-yours-Cassy-chan
Crystal lilith

=D Thanks for the review you guys! Hope you review again. I know this chapter was kind of ‘blah’… I promise it will get better! R&R

Lingling