Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Male or Female? ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Hurrah! Thank you for the reviews that you generous people have been giving me. =D And for all you Momo fans… He’s catching up!!! *Momo fans rejoice!*
Disclaimer - I Lingling, does not own Inuyasha or Prince of Tennis. *sniffle*

Eiji Kikumaru/Kagome Higurashi - 6
Momoshiro Takeshi/Kagome Higurashi - 5

Chapter 3

Kagome sighed as she put on jeans and a sweater. She deemed it safe to look like a girl during the weekend and so she decided to let her hair down and loosen the bandages on her chest to make it seem that she actually had breasts.

Kagome sighed again and went to the kitchen to make herself something to eat. She opened it and saw that there was nothing there. She sighed a third time. “Goddamn it… Now I have to go outside…” Kagome just went to grab her jacket and headed out the door.

“Hmmm… I feel like sushi today…” Kagome said as she walked around the streets. Then she found a small sushi place that her old friends told her about. ‘Kawamaru Sushi’

Kagome made her way inside the restaurant. Inside it was fairly quite. There were people in booths eating but nothing like drunkards or that. Kagome took a seat in one of the tables and looked at the menus.

*~* Regulars *~*

It was Eiji’s birthday and everyone in the regulars had decided to treat him to sushi. They were all laughing while walking towards the restaurant. “Eiji-senpai! Now that you’re a year older, you could go and get a girlfriend!” Momoshiro said teasingly. Eiji blushed. “No way! I don’t want a girl tying me down now!” They laughed.

They enter Kawamaru Sushi. Took a seat at one of the larger tables and started to chat again. Taka-san had gone off to help other costumers. The rest just chatted, waiting for the food to come.

*~* Kagome *~*

Kagome waited for her order to come. She had half a dozen uni and a bowl of beef ramen. She waited there patiently and then someone came up beside her with her order. “There you go ma’am!” Said a familiar voice. Kagome looked up to see
Kawamaru-senpai looming over her.

“Kawamaru-senpai?” Kagome said by accident. “K-Kagome?” Kawamaru asked, shocked. Everything came to a standstill. Kagome stared at Takashi and Takashi stared at Kagome.

“Ano… I’m not Kagome…” Kagome said as she tried to find something to say.

When Takashi tried to say more Momo came. “Taka-senpai! Everyone’s waiting for…” Momo didn’t finish his sentence, for he was looking at Kagome. “K-K-Kagome?!?” He asked. This outburst had caused the Regulars to look in their direction.

“Iie! I’m not Kagome!” Kagome said in a vain attempt to convince them. Sure, it was for fun but she didn’t want the fun to end. “Then who are you?” Eiji asked. “I’m… Uh… My name is… Kage! Kage Higurashi! I’m Kagome’s twin!” Kagome had said. She tried to look convincing.

“Demo… How did you know my name?” Kawamura asked. “Ano… He tells me about you guys!” Kagome said. She was getting fidgety. “Well then, if you’re here then where’s Kagome?” Oishi asked. “He’s… He’s just tending to some things… He said he wants to stay at home today!” Kagome said. She was tugging at the bottom of her sweater.

“Well… Do you want to join us Kage-san, do you want to stay with us for now? We could have another person here to celebrate Eiji’s birthday.” Fuji said. Kagome nodded. “Sure. I’m not intruding right?” Kagome asked. They shook their head. “The more the merrier. Don’t worry about it. We won’t bite.” Eiji said with a smile on his face. Kagome nodded and joined them at their table.

“Wha! Kage-chan looks just like Kagome…” Momo said. The rest agreed. “I thought fraternal twins look different… If your identical then you would have the same gender…” Kagome stuttered. “Ano… We were born like this. It’s not a big deal. Some fraternal twins look similar!” Kagome said. The rest just nodded.

“I never knew Kagome had a sister… Do you play tennis too?” Ryoma asked. Kage shook her head. She knew if she said yes then that would result in a match and then they might have a hunch about what’s going on. “I go to a different school. My brother came to Seigaku for the tennis. He’s a tennis freak.” Kagome laughed. ‘I think I just insulted myself…’

“I never thought that Kagome’s sister would be so kawaii!” Momo said out loud. This made Kagome blush. “Momo! You’re embarrassing her…” Fuji scolded slightly. “Gomen ne Kage-chan…” Momo said as he rubbed his head. Kagome waved her hand in a dismissive manner. “It’s alright. It was a complement anyways.” Kagome said with a smile.

They talked for a while and then the food came. “So Kage-chan, why did Kagome change schools anyways? Did you family move?” Eiji asked as he grabbed a tuna roll. Kagome looked down at her food forlornly. “You could say that. It’s just me and Kagome. That’s our family. We did move, but I don’t think he’s comfortable with me telling anyone why.” Kagome said with a smile. She tried to hid the fact that she was brimming with despair.

“You and Kagome? Does that mean that you’re orphans?” Inui asked. Kagome nodded. “Our old man split on our mother once he found out that she was pregnant. Then when our mother was giving birth to us, she died. We were taken care of by our mothers only living relative. That was our grandmother. She died shortly after we turned five. We went to school before but then we… ‘encountered’ some problems that led to a series of events that led to us getting kicked out of that hell hole.”

Kagome was now looking down at her cup of green tea. The rest were staring at her. They felt guilty for bringing he topic up. “But no use crying over spilled milk! We’re fine now and that what matter!” Kagome said cheerfully. Kagome took her chopsticks and snatched the last uni. (A/N: Mmm… Uni… *Drools in Homer like fashion*)

“Hey! That was mines!” Kaidoh said as he hissed at Kagome. “Fshuu right back at you snake boy!” And with that Kagome ate the sushi. “So Kage-san, do you work?” Fuji asked. Kagome nodded. “Yeah, I work at a candy shop my friend owns. She lets me work there part time and she’s flexible with my work time since I have school.”

Kagome took her glass of water and drank it down. “You guys can come over anytime you want. It’s called ‘Sweet bonbon’. (Lame name… I know.) We sell a lot of sweet stuff. You are what you eat so if you eat sweets then your sweet!” Kagome said cutely.

Eiji and Momo blushed simultaneously. Then as quickly as it came, it disappeared. “So does Kagome work too?” Taka had asked. Kagome shook her head. “Nah, I said that I would work so that he could got and play tennis. It’s better that way since he needs to be in the Nationals someday.” Kagome said with a soft smile. ‘I will be in the Nationals someday.’

“So you do all the work? That doesn’t seem good.” Ryoma had said. Kagome just smiled. “I don’t mind. It’s not like all this work is in vain. Onii-chan is a good player. I know that.” Kagome said with pride in her voice. ‘Well this is mindless self indulgence and it makes me seem like I’m full of myself, but to hell with it!’ Kagome smiled. “He’ll make me proud.” ‘Hell yeah!’

Everyone just smiled at her comment. It seems that both Higurashi’s have deeper issues. That can lead to danger but they won’t know until later.

Inui took out his notebook. “So Kage-san, do you know if your brother is ga-” He was cut off my Momo when he shoved a piece of tuna in his mouth to shut him up. “Nani?” Kagome asked with a blank smile. Momo just shook his head. “Nothing, nothing… He was asking if your brother was great!” Momo said with a lame cover-up. Kagome narrowed her eyes.

“No, I asked if your brother was gay.” Inui said as he wrote some notes in his notebook of data. Kagome tilted her head to the side. “Eh? Gay?” Kagome asked. Inui nodded as the rest of the regulars attempted to smack him. “No… I’m pretty sure that he’s straight.” Kagome said. What the hell brought this topic up? ‘Maybe if I acted more like a guy then that would be better. But then where’s the fun in that?’ Kagome debated in her head as the rest of the regulars sighed in relief.

‘Thank Kami, he’s not hitting on me!’ Momo said as he and his chibi Momo rejoiced and celebrated in their head. Inui looked disappointed. (For whatever reason. He may have been a little bent, if you know what I mean…) Kagome looked at the table. It was empty now and all the food had been cleared. “I guess since I ate then we’re going to split the bill?” Kagome asked. They nodded. Kagome looked into her wallet. ‘Good thing I got paid yesterday…’ Kagome thought to herself as she took out some money.

Kagome looked to Eiji and saw a small pile of presents beside him. “Oh no… I didn’t get you a present!” Kagome said as she paid for her part. Eiji smiled. “It’s alright. I just met you!” Kagome shook her head. “How about this. Next time you visit the Candy shop that I work in, I’ll give you free candy!” Kagome said. Eiji looked thoughtful. “Well I know I shouldn’t take from someone I just met… But that’s alright. If your Kago-kun’s sister then it’s fine!” Kagome smiled.

She looked at her watch and panicked. “Shimatta! I need to go to work now!!! Sorry, got to run, or else I’m going to get yelled at by Himiko-san! Ja ne.” And with that Kagome fled from the sushi restaurant, leaving the rest of the group blinking.

All that was left in her seat was a coupon and a card. They were for ‘Sweet Bonbon’. Everyone was a little perplexed by the girl that had claimed to be Kagome’s sister. But in the end it was all worth it. What they didn’t know was that Kagome and Kage weren’t all what they seemed. Sure they were both confusing and somewhat random, but ‘they’ held a darker side.

*~* Kagome *~*

She ran into the store just in time to see her friend, Himiko putting on her bag and folding the apron on the counter. She frowned slightly. “You were almost late. Any reason?” Kagome shook her head. “Just meeting some friends. Gomen ne Himiko-chan.” Himiko just sighed and walked out the door. “Oh, by the way… Someone sent you a letter here. It just came so I didn’t open it.” And with that, she left the door.

Kagome sighed and she put on an apron. She walked behind the cash register and sighed. On the counter was a small bundle of envelopes. There was one that had Kagome written neatly on the cover. She took a knife an opened it.

The note inside slipped out and to her surprise, so did some pictures of her. “What the hell…” Kagome said to herself. She picked them up and her face went from calm to horrified.

*~*

Hehe… I left it with a cliffhanger. =D I know I’m evil… I hope you liked this somewhat pointless chapter. I know it was really blah. Sorry, because I’ve been having really, really bad stomach problems and it was VERY painful. So this chapter was kinda half-assed. Well I still hope you liked it!

Thanks to those who reviewed:
Sesshomarukagomeforever23
DeathNoteMaker
Anime Punk Kitty
Hoku ala
Shadow miko
Akikazu
Full Moon Howl
Cowgirlkitten2000
Silver Moon Vampire
KakashiXKagome
Death By Squishy
Crystal lilth
KuroxTenshi
Honey-senpai
CyberGirl Rei

*Cocks gun beside Eiji’s head*

Lingling - Do it!!!
Eiji - L-Lingling thanks you all for reviewing…
Lingling - Atta boy… Now, to prevent Eiji being shot by Mr. Rifle, please review…
Eiji - OISHI!!! SAVE ME!!!