Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Male or Female? ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Here’s chapter 5! I hope you guys like it. I’ve been lazy and the story adding thingy on Fanfiction was busted.

Eiji Kikumaru/Kagome Higurashi - 13
Takeshi Momoshiro/Kagome Higurashi - 11

*~*

Chapter 5

The regulars sat around Kagome. She was asleep. The doctor said that she didn’t have any major injuries, she just needs a lot of rest the help her recuperate. “Don’t worry, she’ll be fine…” The doctor said as they left. The others looked at each other. “She?” Momo had said. The others quickly grabbed the chart at the end of the hospital bed.

Name: Kagome Higurashi
Sex: Female
Age: 13...

“Oh my Kami… He’s a she…” Eiji said as he flipped through the contents of the chart. Kagome turned in her sleep. The others put back the chart. “It was pretty obvious… Her attitude, face, the fact that she has a ‘sister’ that looks just like her.” Fuji said. The others looked at Kagome.

“Why would she lie like that?” Ryoma asked to no one in particular. Eiji took out something from his pocket. “Maybe she was trying to hid from someone.” He said as he took out the envelope.

He gave it to Inui for closer examination. “I found this from her locker. A mountain of these fell out when she opened it.” Eiji said. Inui was about to open them when someone snatched them away.

Kagome was clutching the envelope in her hand and was trying to sit up. “Kagome…” Eiji said. Kagome just fell back down on the bed. “It’s impolite to take things from people without asking you know?” Kagome said as she glared at Eiji. Kagome tore up the envelope and threw it in the trash can beside her. “It’s none of your business anyways…”

Oishi decided to step in. “Why are you trying to trick us? We know you’re a girl.” Kagome just laughed a little. “Well, there goes my fun. Yeah, I am a girl. Whatcha gonna do about it?” Kagome said while she flipped over and buried her face in the pillow.

She tried to zone out their voices but it didn’t work. “So what are you guys doing here anyways?” Kagome asked, thought her voice was slightly muffled by the pillow. “We were the ones that brought you here. You really should thank Eiji, if he didn’t do CPR you could have died.” Fuji had said in a serious tone.

“Thank you Eiji for snaking a kiss from me.” Kagome said in a bored tone. She was being a bitch right now but she didn’t really care at the moment. She absolutely loathed being in a hospital. This made Eiji blush. “That letter was just some freaked up fan letter. You know how my kind gets…” Kagome said as she waved her hand in a dismissive manner.

“Uh huh… Do fan girls call their target a bitch?” Oishi asked, not caring about his language right now. Kagome looked at him and Eiji. “How much do you both like invading other peoples privacy?” Kagome asked in a semi-cold tone. Everyone gave her a hard look. Kagome sighed. ‘Maybe it’s time to fess up…’ Kagome said. She loved the friends that she made in the past few days. They really were one of a kind. She wouldn’t want to lose them.

Kagome sighed again. “Alright… If you really want to know…” Kagome said as she flipped her self over. She tried to get in a sitting position. She felt a strong arm help her and turned to see Momo. “Arigatou.” Kagome said.

When she was in a comfortable position she looked down at her hand. “A few months ago, I was in a different school. This school was very self-centered about their tennis prodigies and I was one of them… I was the only girl in all the tennis regulars. They said that I was a asset to the group.” Kagome said. She took a deep breath. It was hard to talk about what had happened in her old school. She wasn’t very fond of the memories.

“We were in a tournament with all of our rivaling schools… Our school wasn’t well liked by others… Well we were tied with for the championship. It was apparently up to me to win this one so that we could at least a tie breakers with the buchou’s.” Kagome brought her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. “Well, the person had hard shots. Really hard shots… I guess he was just toying with me since I was a girl. We were tied. I guess he didn’t like it that some girl is about to beat him and decided to do some nasty things.”

Kagome looked down to her right wrist. “He was smashing the ball and I was about to use one of my signature moves on him. He didn’t see it fit, so his hand ‘slipped’. The racket hit my wrist pretty hard. It snapped.” Kagome said as she reminisced in the feeling. It didn’t hurt that much, but the sound was disgusting.

She closed her eyes. “After that we were kicked out of the tournament. I went to the hospital to get my hand fixed. The next day I went back to school…” Kagome felt hot tears trying to break free from her eyes. “All of my ‘friends’ turned their back on me. They called my degrading names and even the teachers were starting to talk behind my back.” She buried her faced to her knee. “When I went to our regular meeting place for the tennis club… My captain slapped me. He called me a worthless stupid little weak bitch.”

Tears started to slip through her shut eyelids, though her voice didn’t waver.

“Everyone on my team were cold-hearted bastards. I guess before the tournament, they saw something in me that would help take them to the top. But after we lost… They didn’t care for me anymore. They took advantage of me being down and took turns beating the hell out of me.” Kagome said with anger in her voice. She clenched the blanket on the bed.

“After a few more days of pranks, name calling and humiliation, I dropped out of that school and moved here.” Her tears were coming down like waterfalls. She really did think of them as friends and the family she never had. She slid down back into her covers and hid herself from the world. “That’s all I need to tell you, besides the fact that I need some rest.” Kagome tried to make the tears stop falling but it was impossible.

Shunned by everyone she loved just because of some cheating bastard. She rubbed the tears away from her eyes furiously. She hated tears. She knew they were a function of the human body and there was no way of stopping them but… She hated it. When she didn’t hear any sign of movement from the rest of them, she just sighed. “Please leave me…” Kagome said in a tired voice. Still no sign of movement still.

Kagome got angry. She sat up abruptly. “Just get out! Right now!” Kagome shouted. The rest just stared at her. Kagome knew that the tears were still there. “Get out! Get out!” Kagome just pointed at the door. Tears coming down just as hard as they did before. “Who pushed you down the benches?” Fuji asked. Kagome just pointed at the door. “Out.” Was all she said. She had no strength to yell anymore, let alone get up and force them out.

“Was it your Buchou?” Oishi asked. Kagome just kept pointing at the door. “Doesn’t matter. Out.” Kagome just pointed. Inui pushed his glasses back. “Were you in Shizuneshika?” Kagome gave him a hard look. “Don’t ever say that name to me. Everyone there is a bunch of brats that don’t know how to do anything. And you! You out first.” Kagome said. She really was starting to get very tired of everything. The things that they had discussed about had seriously taken a toll on Kagome.

She wasn’t really ready to talk about any of this and yet, they forced it out of her. “Just let me be alone for a while. Come back tomorrow and I’ll answer anything you ask me.” Kagome said as she flopped back onto her hospital bed. Eiji and Momo gave her a look she couldn’t identify. She didn’t know what to make of it. It wasn’t pity or hated, like she had expected. She sighed in relief as they started to get up. “We hope you feel better Kagome-chan…” Oishi had said. Kagome smiled a small smile. “Thank you for not hating me…” She said just as they shut the door. Kagome smiled. Maybe this would be different from before. Maybe this would really work.

She finally closed her eyes. “I love you all for not hating me…” Kagome said almost silently as she fell asleep.

*~* Later that night, Kagome’s hospital room *~*

Later that night, someone slipped into Kagome’s room. Kagome was just lying there soundlessly as her chest rose and fell rhythmically. The person sat in the seat next to Kagome’s and stroked her cheek tenderly. “You would have been so perfect. You shouldn’t have left us Kagome-chan… But we’ll get you back to us…” The person had whispered to her, as if she could hear him.

“Don’t worry… We’ll get you back to us… You won’t have to stay with them anymore…” The person just stayed there and looked at her. Then stood up to leave. He placed something on the nightstand and then finally exited the room. Somehow avoiding the eyes of others..

*~*

Done! There was a sudden change of plans. Before I was going to put Kagome being revealed at a much later chapter, but since my mind is easily manipulated, I decided to choose the gender revealing now. Kinda a weird chapter I must admit… But none the less, still a chapter. I’m sorry that it’s short.

Lingling