Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Elfen Heritage ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
So here's the short prologue. At first I thought about fractionning it and putting it part by part but I changed my mind 'cause it was just too complicated. I'm also back to rewritting the other chapters 'cause I think I was really,really tired when I wrote them but the chapter 7 is already written. It just needs to be beta'ed.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From the dawn of time, humans lived in harmony with all the other races. They coexisted for millennia. The immortal races such as elves and dwarves shared their science and magic with the humans, allowing them to live with ease. Each time someone was sick, they brought him to the elves so they could heal them. When the ground lost its fertility, they ask the dwarves to replenish it.
After thousands of years, the humans started to take advantage of that bond. They kept asking more and more without giving anything in return. Tired of being used, the other races immigrated to the unknown land of the mighty dragons who were immortals as well. Forgotten for many centuries, they lived happily with the dragons until one day, exploring new territories, the humans found them and their dragons. Afraid of their powers, the king of each kingdom united their forces to exterminate them. The war lasted decades but the human finally triomphed. Only a handful of what used to be a civilisation survived by disguising themselves as human and living a normal life.
Thus, they lived within the unaware humans. They mated and half-immortals were born. Because of their human resemblance, they weren’t noticed. The immortals thought that they were out of danger until those children discovered they had unnatural powers. Believing they were blessed by the gods with those powers, they started helping humans with them and thus, shamans, wizards, witches, fortunetellers and other magic users were born.
As time passed, the blood was spread throughout almost the whole continents and thus, schools of witchcrafts were born to help those blessed with the blood to hone their skills and magic was accessable to most of the population. Pur blood elves and dwarves became very rare and could only live as normal sorcerers.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
< i>The Kingdom of Illyria:
The land of Illyria used to be a peaceful Kingdom that was build in the lands of the long forgotten dragons. The monarch almost never showed himself in public but always made sure they had what they wanted. One day, for some unknown reasons, he left his kingdom in the hands of his commander and vanished. Eversince, the kingdom fell in misery. The commander started by eliminating the King's allies and named himself the new king. Having total control over the land, he took advantage of his power to eliminate anyone that opposed him.
Seeing they could not trust their new tyrant, some of the citizens started to form rebellious clans while others decided to flee to their neighbor kingdom Assyria. Some of them, knowing the price the rich and noble families will pay for rare artifacts, decided to make a living out of it. The continent was filled with lost sanctuaries since the great war of the immortal races. Often guarded by dangerous guardians and traps, the holy sanctuaries were deadly to commoners. Those who dare to plunder those holy grounds were strong warriors of the kingdom (or idiots).
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Kingdom of Assyria:
The King of Assyria, although very young, is loved and supported by his loyal subjects. He inherited the throne from his father who was a fair and kind ruler who allowed the other minor races such as harpies, fairies, morphs and more to live with them. Assyria is one of the most powerful kingdoms where all kinds of culture collided and merged. Their armies were formed with multiple warriors from different races that grant them powerful forces.
It is rumored that a powerful clans of immortals left remaining artifacts in their land before vanishing. Neighbor kingdoms, envying them, have declared war multiple times with them but were forced to retaliate. Because of all the magical residues left in the lands, the temperature is hot even though it's in the north.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mor phs: Shape shifters that can take any forms but all forms have a blood red eyes that they cannot hide.
Harpies: Half humans, half birds, they can use a limited extend of magic and are vicious creatures when angered.
Fairies: one of a class of supernatural beings generally conceived as having a diminutive human form and possessing magical powers with which they intervene in human affairs.
Elves: Resembling a human, they have pointy ears and can use magic. They are immortal(they cannot die of age) and have unhuman strength and their senses are very sharp.
Dwarves: A being in the form of a small, often misshapen and ugly man, usually having magic powers and immortality.