Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected ❯ Original Ending ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

By Surprise Chapter 6
First Ending
Standard disclaimers apply

Start
Three pairs of eyes stared at the figure that was slowly taking of its oxygen mask. “Syuusuke!”
“Aniki!”
“Fuji!”
Syuusuke slowly opened his eyes to look at the people in the room. “Enough fighting… Kunimitsu… Yuuta… Keigo…” Tezuka immediately went beside him. Taking hold of one hand which Fuji gripped obligingly “You're such an idiot… Syuusuke” Tezuka whispered. Yuuta felt tears of relief forming on his eyes. “Aniki…” Syuusuke looked at his brother and smiled “I'm alright Yuuta… why don't you tell the others so they won't worry as well?” Yuuta nodded and went out. Silence reigned over the room.
“Syuusuke… what happened between me and Eiji…” Tezuka started
“I know, I heard…” Fuji added softly.
“How much did you hear?”
Fuji looked at Atobe “Enough to know what's going on” He sighed “It's alright Keigo…” Atobe nodded. Fuji was always like this… so forgiving and understanding even if he did not show it. That's one of the thing that made him fall for the angelic boy. “I'm sorry about your jacket…”
“Ore-sama can always get his jacket cleaned”
“That's good to hear…” Syuusuke smiled “Sorry for making you all worry…” he said as his eyes started to drift close
“SYUUSUKE!!” the two nearly screamed
Syuusuke chuckled “its fine… I'm just… tired” his eyes closed but his grip on Tezuka's hand never faltered. “Gomen, Atobe Keigo… for everything that I caused…” he whispered. Atobe went near him and sat down on the chair next to Tezuka's “Iie. I should be the one thanking you for everything… Fuji Syuusuke.” Fuji smiled a bit and reached up to Atobe who took his hand and placed it on his cheek. “You're strong Atobe… Someday you'll move on and find someone that you will love and love you back, love you more that anything else in this world.” Atobe'e eyes clouded over as he heard those simple set of words. “I know Syuusuke, but for know…let me love you.” Comfortable silence swept the room for a while. “Ne, you two would watch over Yuuta right?” Syuusuke asked breaking the silence. The two were surprised at the sudden question but nevertheless they both answered “Of course.”
“Arigato… Kunimitsu… Keigo…”
His hand on Atobe's cheek went limp. His grip on Tezuka disappeared.
“S-syuusuke?”
His eyes has closed for eternity.
“Syuusuke!!”
Doctors rushed in.
“ANIKI!!!”
Yuuta's scream pierced the cold night's air
“Fuji…”
Kikomaru dropped to his knees.
“Defibrillator!”
Even the best of the best could not reunite a body and a separated soul.
Eiji-kun...it's alright” a voice was heard by his best friend `Good bye Eiji... I love you my friend...'
Eiji looked around. The others were looking shocked as well..
`Good bye everyone... Take care'
Shocked faces turned to one another as a vision of a smile of peace drifted in their minds.
“Fuji Syuusuke. Time of death: 11:58pm.”
Outside it had started to snow...