Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Of Men, Saiyajins, and God ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 6 status: experimental

The Dragon floated in its personal realm and solemnly thought about the girl that summoned him.

'She said I was... cute... No one has ever said such a nice... wonderful thing to me... but was she serious... Does she like me? No. She was probably just being polite... then again, what if she does?...' The Dragon's thoughts were at a dead lock.
_________________________________

Mr. Popo's usual smile was clearly missing. Even without seeing his face, the people around him could see the stress flowing off of him.

"Kami, what do we do now?"

"Calm down Mr. Popo. What's done is done. I can't figure out why the Dragon reacted that way, but all we can do now is hope for the best."

"But Kami, what about Goku!"

"I'm certain the Dragon will return before then," Kami calmly stated. 'At least I hope he does return...'

"Kami, I think I'm having a nervous break down," Mr. Popo stated. Before Mr. Popo can say anything else, Happousai took the opportunity to put him to sleep with a tap of a pressure point.

"Sorry about that. Can't have you losing it, now can we?" Happousai asked no one in particular.

"Interesting...," Kami said in awe. "How did you know where to hit?"

"Simple. Pressure points aren't a human thing. They're a humanoid thing. It's the center of certain muscles and nerves that having a humanoid form produces. Now if he had four arms instead of two, I'm not sure where the point would have been," he stated as his voice trailed off.

"Yes, I imagine you're right."

"Say there, from your aura, I'd say there's a good chance you're connected to those Dragon Ball things."

"You're correct. I'm the creator of them."

"So, is there any chance you can figure out what actually happened?"

"Yes, it's possible. In fact, I can already guess. The Dragon is a living being that sleeps in a parallel plane to this one. When he's summoned, he grants a wish and then leaves. However, since most people don't realize how alive the Dragon really is, they rarely are kind or polite about it. And I can guarantee you, no one has ever called the Dragon cute. It's possible he just doesn't know how to react to this."

"So once he's gotten over his first date jitters, he'll return?"

"As I tried to tell Mr. Popo, I do not know, but I can look into the situation."

"That is all we can truly ask for."

_________________________________

Ranma and Akane sat together for the first time in more then ten years. Akane was now a gorgeous woman. Her body filled in all the right areas a girl her height should fill. Oddly enough, she was still the same height as she used to be, but Ranma wasn't worried about that.

Ranma on the other hand had grown almost a foot taller. His pigtail had grown out so it ended Just below his elbow. Ranma's black hair now had hints of red in it. Akane secretly wondered if Ranma's female side had black highlights in her red hair, but didn't ask to see.

"So Akane, how's it been?"

"Good... Really good," She responded nervously. "How's your life been?"

"I can't complain. Well, I could, but I won't," he answered as he sat next to her. "You look really pretty."

This brought out a smile that he loved to se.

"Thanks Ranma. You're not bad looking yourself... Ranma?"

"Yeah?"

"Why'd you leave?"

"Cause, I didn't think we could work it out together, so I figured it was time to see if we could do it separately."

"Ranma?"

"Yes Akane?"

"I really did... love you."

"I figured as much. I loved you too, but it took me a while to say it to myself."

"Loved?"

"I've changed a lot and I'm sure you have. We're so different now that I couldn't say I love now until we get to know each other again. However I'd be willing to give it another try when this is all over... Assuming we can ever get it to end..."

"I would too."

"Huh?"

"When this is over, I mean. I want to try to get to know you again... maybe even fall in love the right way this time."

"That'd be great Akane. So till this is over, friends?"

"Right! Friends it is!"

_________________________________

Ryoga watched the lovers reunite and he felt sick. He'd trained so hard to defeat Ranma and now he was certain that even if he did it a hundred times in a row, he'd never win Akane's heart.

"What you thinking about Ryoga?" Shampoo asked him.

"It's nothing. Why can't I ever have some good luck?" Ryoga shouted.

"You is sad Akane and Ranma are together again?"

"Am I that obvious? Yeah, I'm sad. Heck, I'm pissed! Mainly because I can see the fighting between me and Ranma was never going to end with me getting Akane. She would have never fallen for me over that, but I wanted it to be true. Damn you Saotome! Why can't you let me be happy?..."

"There, there Ryoga..." Shampoo softly said to him as she patted his back. 'I know all about lost love... and I wish I too could be happy...'

As she thought this, she leaned forward and gave Ryoga a peck on the cheek.

"What was that for?"

"No reason."

_________________________________

"Ryo, Ranma, Ryoga, you three will be coming with me for special training," Happousai announced.

"What?" Ranma asked, shocked that Happousai would volunteer to train him.

"You heard me. We have a lot to do before it's time. Akane and the others will stay with Kami and his servant and train here."

"I'm sorry, but I don't train people," Kami told them.

"I'm sure you and your servant Mr. Popo will figure out something... Girls, do as they tell you to."

"Yes Master," the three girls said with a bow causing Ranma to lose his balance.

"Never thought I'd live to see the day those three would be doing what Happousai tells them to."


____________________________________


Over the next year, all of the fighters trained their hardest to try to reach a new level. Along the way, Kami gained even more fighters. Krillin, Tien, and Yamcha arrived shortly after Happousai's group left, hoping that Kami would train them as well. Like the girls already there, they discovered the truth for themselves.

Happousai's students were much more lucky. During their training, Happousai showed them a side that Ranma and Ryoga had never seen before they left on their journeys. Each morning when the group got up, Happousai would push them to the breaking point and this was before breakfast. After that, he'd give them a one hour resting period followed by another round of intensive training designed to sharpen their techniques.

Ranma was surprised at how well Ryotori was doing in all the training. He knew girls were not the weaklings he used to treat them as, but she was making him feel old. She seemed like the only one of the three that still could carry them self to their own bed at the end. Of course, he noticed two things about her.

The first thing was the fact that she had a lot of her mother's abilities, like the energy drain and the coin return blast. However he discovered that both were stronger then her mother's by a factor of at least a hundred, possibly more.

The second thing was that strange things would happen around her. Nothing big. Just little things. Like when she was hungry for a certain food, some how they always seemed to have it. Or, if her outfit were to get damaged some how, the damage would some how repair itself. At first, Ranma was certain he was seeing things, but eventually he figured out that Ryotori was able to make small wishes of hers come true. He wasn't certain how, but he had a theory.

"Hey Happousai, can I talk with you?"

"Certainly my boy. I'm glad you finally feel comfortable enough around me to finally have a conversation... Even though it took most of the year for this to happen."

"Well, can you blame me? I mean, let's face it. Back before I left, you did put me through an almost personalized version of hell."

"Ya, I know. Those were the good old days... I am sorry."

"What?!"

"You heard me Ranma. My reasons for doing that were not enough to justify how I behaved."

"Well, I guess ya can teach an old dog a new trick."

"Hey, what's the big idea makin fun?"

"Sorry, sorry. I still have that habit of speaking before I think."

"Don't worry about it. These times are bigger then our past, so let's move on. You seemed like you had something on your mind."

"Ya, I wanted to talk to you about Ryotori."

"A fine young girl. A great student to work with I should say... Not to mention, part of the reason I've changed so much, but what's your concern."

"Have you noticed how the things Ryotori wants almost always seem to happen? I mean, I've never heard her wish for anything huge, but it seems like all the small things seem to happen, you know?"

"Yes, I've noticed. I'm sure you could easily tell me what you think, but your talking to me to for my opinion."

"True."

"You're right. Small things have happened when she wants them to, though I doubt if anything large could happen. The reason is simple. She's absorbed the energy of the Dragon. The same energy he uses to grant others their wishes. To tell the truth, I figured out something like this would happen as soon as I learned the nature of those Dragon Balls."

"You did?"

"Yes. Now that she's able to do this, I do wonder how long this ability will last, but I'm sure that it won't be permanent."

"I guess that's good..."

"For her innocence, it is. Right now, she probably doesn't even notice it. If it leaves her soon, she might just believe she had a long streak of good-luck."

"So do you think we'll be ready?"

"Ready?"

"You know, to tackle these Saiyajins. Can we handle them?"

"I can't say. I'm sure we'll give them a good fight, but the out come is still unknown..."

"Well, I'm sure. With the training you've put us through, I'd be surprised if the fight last even longer then three minutes tops."

"Cocky as ever I see," Happousai said while laughing. "Keep that attitude."

"You know I can feel them. Just now that is. Their aura is amazing."

"They are born and breed fighters. Don't let that get to you. There is a natural order to everything. However, all beings are created equal. The differences are simply what gets them to their higher levels."

"I'll keep that in mind. From the feel of it, they'll arrive some time tomorrow."

"Yes, so we best get some rest. Tomorrow, the training is over. We'll head out first thing in the morning."

"Ok. Good night... old freak," Ranma said with a grin.

"Good night Ranma."

____________________________________

The group woke before the sun was past the horizon. By lunch time, Happousai's group was already at the meeting spot.

"So, do you think that Kami guy and Cologne managed to get the girls into shape?"

"Oh, I don't know. Frankly, I can't say that any of them could do much growing beyond the point they were at when we left. Their bodies just didn't have the potential... but if anyone can break them of their limits, it's Cologne. I'd say each of them will be at least the same level that you were when you fought Saffron."

"Your kidding me right?"

"Nope, but don't let that get ya. You're at least a hundred times past that phase of your life. The real question is if you, Ryotori, and Ryoga are going to be enough... Speak of the devil though."

Ranma looked around and spotted the flying carpet Cologne owned headed toward them. As it landed, Ranma was shocked to see that Akane, Shampoo, and Ukyo weren't there. Instead, Tien, Krillin, and Yamcha were with Cologne.

"Where are the others?"

"I decided they would be of no help to us now. Instead, they will join us later if need be."

"So it's just the eight of us standing between the Saiyajins and the Earth."

"It's her!" Krillin shouted.

"It's who?" Tien asked.

"The girl that stole the Dragon Balls from Goku's house."

"That's me!" Ryotori chimed.

"How can you be so happy? It's because of you, Goku won't make it back in time!"

"We don't need Goku."

"What are you saying? These Saiyajins are monsters. Without Goku, we don't stand a chance."

"Krillin, stop whining," a voice shouted from above them. Krillin looked up to see Piccolo and Gohan.

"Oh man! This just keeps getting worse doesn't it."

"Hey baldy, what you mean worse?" Ranma asked. "The way I see this is with that guy and the kid, we got a higher chance of success."

"I know, I know. You're right, but..."

"Not buts man, just chill. By the way, I'm Ranma Saotome. What's your name?"

"Huh? Oh, mine's Krillin. Those two over there are Yamcha and Tien."

"Gossip time is over Ranma. They're here," Happousai stated as two round object broke through the clouds. The group watched in horror as they impacted thirty feet away.

"Show time!" Ranma shouted.



(The Saiyajins have landed. Can our heros save the day without the help of Goku? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode!)