Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Of Men, Saiyajins, and God ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 5 version 1.0


At the Amazon village, the group sat down for diner. Most of them were to worried about Ryotori to be hungry, but they managed to force themselves to eat.

'I can sense her life force, but something off. Since she left, I've noticed a slow but steady change. I wonder if it was a bad idea to ask her to do this.'

"What's up freak?"

"Ranma! Can't you even try show some respect to your master? I'm trying to follow Ryotori's life force, but something is wrong with her."

"Something wrong! Can you tell what?"

"Her life force energy is changing and I fear the changes are speeding up."

"Does this have something to do with those stupid dragon balls?"

"I'm afraid it does. From here I would have to guess her body is automatically absorbing the energy that's inside them. I don't think she'll be able to absorb all the energy out of them, but that's not what I'm worried about." He stopped to take a sip of his soup. "I wonder what will happen once she has all seven. If we had more time, I would like to monitor her and see."

"That sure ain't an option. Those guys said it would take about a year from those new aliens to arrive. Cologne."

"Yes, Ranma?"

"I remember hearing something that green guy said. Something about God taking the dead man's body. What do you think that means."

"That's an interesting question. Since the worlds merged, I've felt a... presence. It's high up as if watching over the world."

"Like an alien in orbit?"

"No... but I think I can take us to this... Kami. Are you all up for another carpet ride?"

"Yeah! If this is really God, then maybe he can help get me to full power."

"Count me in too granny." Ryoga spoke up promptly.

"Let's make a field trip out of it." Happousai said as he leaped up.

Soon the group was back on the flying carpet and headed to Kami's lookout.

___________________________________

High above the Earth, a green man stood watch over everything below him.

"Kami, did you hear that. Sounds like we're going to have visitors."

"Yes Mr. Popo, will you greet them when they arrive. I've have to attend to Goku. He must make the journey across Snake way to King Kai's planet. Keep them company until I return."

"Certainly Kami." Mr. Popo returned to the ledge and watched the flying carpet for clues about the passengers. 'The smaller ones are very old and have strong auras. The male one has a bit of evil in him, but not as bad as King Piccolo. The younger ones are interesting. They all seem very capable.'

___________________________________

Ryotori flew towards the location of the sixth dragon ball. She came to the edge of a dark forest. Her senses told her it was there along with an evil aura.

'Why's it so dark... I don't like the dark!'

___________________________________

Mr. Popo stood at the edge of the lookout and watched the carpet land gently. The group was as interesting close up as they were far away.

"Welcome to Kami's lookout." Mr. Popo said as he greeted them.

"So this guy is claiming to be... god?" Ranma asked as he looked over the man in front of him.

"No, the correct title is actually Guardian of the Earth."

"So, are you him then? You look a little off..."

"No, I'm Mr. Popo, Kami's assistant."

"And from your battle aura, I'd say your a well trained fighter, am I right?" Happousai added.

"You are right little sir. Most have to do battle with me before they can see Kami..." Before Mr. Popo could finish, Ranma stepped up.

"I'll fight ya!"

"But that won't be necessary."

"Aw, come on man!" Ranma said as he cracked his knuckles. "I haven't had a good fight in years."

"Ok... Attack me when your ready."

The two combatants squared off and starred.

'I can barely sense this guys aura. He's masking it some how, but not very well...' Ranma charged in and tried his fastest punch. His fist only meet air since Popo moved back. He continued to try his fist. Even going at chestnut speed, Popo was still able to dodge or block most of Ranma's attacks. Suddenly he felt it. He felt the displacement from Popo's fist and dodged it.

"Well, I'm surprised you dodged in time. When I trained Goku, he had a very difficult time doing that at first. Of course he was only about twenty at the time."

"I think I might have a plan. I just wish I had enough energy to do it."

"Energy you say?" Popo gave Ranma a glare that appeared to be drilling into his soul. "Well, I think I might be able to help you."

Popo walked over and handed Ranma a hand full of beans.

"Ok... Is this some kind of test?"

"No. Those are senzu beans. They'll recharge you to full if you eat one."

"Just one?"

"Yes."

Ranma took a single bean and placed it carefully into his mouth. As he swallowed, he knew something was different.

"Let's try that again."

"I'm ready when you are." Popo never blinked and still he never saw it coming. Ranma's fist came from his left and threw him across the lookout.

"Oh my! I give up!"

"Mr. Popo, can I get some of those beans too?" Ryoga ran up to Mr. Popo and began to help him up.

"Yes, of course." He handed Ryoga a few and then turned to the others. "That was fun. Kami has asked me to make you all comfortable until he returns. Please follow me."

___________________________________

Somewhere deep in the dark forest, the little girl known as Ryotori continued towards the dragon ball. Little does she know she's headed right towards an old foe of Goku's.

"Sir, I've got a strange report from one of the scouts in the forest."

"Yes? Spit it out man." The short man with red hair didn't like waiting for things. "I've got better things to do then wait for you. I've got to go out and find the rest of the dragon balls."

"General Red. A young girl was spotted wondering in the woods."

"A... young... girl? You sure it was a girl?" His mind suddenly saw a young boy.

"Yes sir. She's young, but I'm sure it's a girl."

'Good. If it had been a boy, then I'd have to panic. It's been years since my Red Ribbon army was destroyed by that little boy named Goku.' The general thought the problem for a second. "Send out a party of men to eliminate her. She can not be allowed to tell anyone that we are here."

"Yes sir. Sir, I'm getting another report. They've lost sight of the girl."

"What! How can they be so incompetent as to lose a little girl?" A loud explosion could be heard from the entrance and the general's mind began to reel. "That's no girl! It must be him again! Why does he always meddle in my affairs?! Contact Gero and tell him to step up production. Chances are, none of us will leave her alive and I want my revenge for this!"

"Right away sir!" It was obvious though from the soldiers face he'd rather run, but went to make the call.

"Sir, we've got more trouble. It seems the guards are too tired to fight."

"What!!"

"At least that's what it looks like. As soon as they get any where near the target, the suddenly fall over."

The command center crew heard a loud thud on the door. Then a second followed by a third.

"Ha ha! No one can break through that! It's over twenty feet of the strongest metals I could find. Ha Ha!" His laughing was brought to a complete halt as a large hole appeared in the center of the door. "Am I having some kind of nightmare! Stay back Goku!"

"Goku? I'm not Goku." A small girl with brown hair stepped through the hole she'd just made.
The girl stood only about four and a half feet tall and was wearing a black kung fu GI and some kind of back pack. Something on her head caught his eyes. She had a red hat with yellow lines resting on her head. On that hat was the four star dragon ball. "I'm here for the dragon ball mister!"

General Red was about to say something snappy when he heard a rolling sound. He looked around and saw his dragon ball rolling towards the girl.

"Take it, just don't kill us." The soldier pleaded while on his hands and knees.

'I'll have that traitor killed for this... even if he did just save our lives.'

"Thank you." As Ryotori picked up her latest find, her body began to give off a light. 'So warm... What's happening?...'

The glowing stopped after a minute and Ryotori's smile returned full force.

"Time to go. Almost got them all!" As the general blinked, the girl disappeared. The only evidence that she'd just been here was the large hole in the door.

"That girl will pay for this!"


___________________________________

Her senses picked up on the seventh ball right as she got the sixth one. It wasn't hard for her to see since it was giving off an amazingly powerful signal.


"One wish. If only it could be more then that. Stupid world! Why do you have to be in trouble?! If it wasn't, I know what I would wish for. There's only one thing a girl like me could ever want... To be..." Her voice suddenly grew very soft. "at least little normal."

Her mind went back to her short time at high school. Everyone there thought she was some kind of super genius because she appeared to be an eight year old. It was true that she was really bright, but she owed her early start in life to Happousai's manipulation (for more info, see 'Ryotori: Year One').

'For once, I wanted to look like a normal girl and have a boy ask me out...' she then blushed as she thought of what others would say. 'Ryotori, your too young to think about boy...'

The ball's signal pulled her out of her internal rant.

'It's very close. No more then two miles. Alright!'

As she got closer to the balls position, she spotted something that worried her. It appeared that the ball was inside of an active volcano. She landed on the top and looked in. To her surprise, she instantly spotted the ball resting on a tiny ledge only ten feet away from the lava. The volcano suddenly rumbled and the ball began to move.

'Gotta hurry!' She went into a dive towards the ball, but she soon had to cover her eyes. The ball was very bright. Carefully, she landed on the ledge and dropped to her hands and knees to search. She patted the rough ground ahead of her until it hit the round object she was looking for.

'Why's this thing so bright?' She quickly put it in her back pack with the other six balls. 'Now I gotta find Master Happousai and Cologne. But where are they?'

She stretched her senses out as far as they could reach, hoping to find some sign of her masters.


High above the clouds at Kami's lookout, the group sat around talking. Kami finally returned from his task at the checkout station and was talking to the elderly members of the group while Mr. Popo entertained the others. Happousai was enjoying the conversation when he felt Ryotori's energy signal change again. After a few seconds, he could tell she was looking for them.

"Excuse me Kami, gotta deliver a message to little Ryo." He walked to the edge.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to raise my battle aura to it's maximum... Well, maybe not that high, but it'll be a nice light show for anyone looking." His body began to glow red, softly at first until it exploded outward. The aura's power made Mr. Popo retract in fear.

"Man, here I thought the freak would get weaker with age." Ranma said as he thought back to the first time he saw Happousai do this trick.

"Ryo should be here shortly. Mr. Popo? You won't happen to have any sake handy would you?"

"Not at the moment. I could make us some lovely hot cocoa."

"Oh, alright." He was disappointed, but at least Ryotori would like it.

___________________________________

Below the lookout, Ryotori felt the aura of Happousai. She locked on and flew straight for it. As she got closer, she began to wonder if she would end up flying off the Earth. Her fears were put to rest when a large saucer came in to view. The closer she got, the more of her friends she could sense.

"Ryo!" She spotted Happousai waving at her.

"Hi!" She landed next to her master. The second her feet touched down, she was mobbed by the rest of the group. A slight blush came over her face when she noticed Ryoga was hugging her too. Soon the group huge came to an end and Kami walked up to Ryotori.

"My what an interesting girl."

"Hello Mr. Wrinkly Piccolo." Kami fell down.

"I'm not Piccolo. I'm Kami."

"Ok." It was obvious she didn't care. "I got them. I got them all!"

Ryotori closed her eyes and proceeded to take out all seven balls.

"What's wrong dearie?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why do you have your eyes closed?"

"The light from the balls is too bright." Happousai took a close look a the balls. 'Odd. The balls are giving off a light, but it's really quiet faint. Not enough for someone to shield their eyes. Still, she has been around them the most and has been absorbing their energies. Perhaps that's changed her eye sight some how...'

Kami was too busy noticing Ryotori's reaction to remember that he need the dragon balls to be active and together in less then a year.

"I'm ready when you are master."

"Alright. Arise Eternal Dragon!" The sky grew dark and lighting seemed to be aiming for the balls. Soon, the form of a dragon could be seen in the sky above them. The slender dragon's form broke through the clouds and descended towards them. As it reached to platform, it headed back up and coiled it's self like snake in a tree.

"Who has summoned me?" The dragon spoke with a heavy voice.

"I did dragon!"

"What is your wish?" Happousai's mind filled with vision's of ruling the world, living forever, and best of all, having all the silky panties in the world. A blow to the back of the head reminded him that the fate of his world was at stake. "I wish for you to separate the two realities that recently merge!"

The dragon did not move and became ghostly silent. Everyone in the group felt the need to lean forward to make sure it hadn't fallen asleep. Minutes later, it's eyes began to glow.

"Your wish..."

"My wish?"

"Can not be granted at this time."

"Why can't it?," Ryotori pleaded.

"At this time, it would upset the balance. Do you have a different wish you want granted?"

Everyone went silent as they tried to think of a different way to fix things

"I wish things were not so difficult!"

"I do not understand," the Dragon responded.

"I'm sorry Dragon-chan. That wasn't a wish. I'm just so confused."

"Ah... I am afraid I can not help you there."

"That's ok Dragon-chan."

"Why do you call me cute?"

"Cause you are," this caused the dragon to go silent.

"No... no one has ever said anything nice to me in all the years I've served. I... I must go and be alone!" the Dragon lamented as he disappeared. Once his form was gone, the balls lifted high into the sky and vanished.


"Oh no! The balls! They didn't scatter!" Mr. Popo shouted.

"Huh?" Ryotori was confused by this statement.

"Normally the dragon balls rise up and then they each go a seperate way. This time, the just vanished. This is bad."

"Why's that?"

"Because if they don't reappear within a year, we won't be able to wish Goku back!"