Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Of Men, Saiyajins, and God ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 4 version: 1.0


Ryotori flew to the location of the next ball. Every time she got a new dragon ball, the stronger the signals of the other balls became. They felt like bright spot lights. Ahead of her, she could tell there was not one, but two of the dragon balls. Once she got those, she'd only have to find two more.


Bulma flew the jet while Krillin and Roshi sat in the back seats preparing themselves.

"Master Roshi?"

"What is it Krillin?"

"I was thinking. Is it possible Piccolo let the girl escape?"

"Maybe, but the problem with that theory is Piccolo's still quiet evil. I can't say what it would mean if he did let her go."

"I bet he did. He doesn't want Goku to come back to life so he's sabotaging the plan before it can get off the ground."

"Now Krillin, let's not jump to conclusions. Piccolo may be evil, but I think he's smarter then that. He knows we can't beat the Saiyajin without Goku's help." He looked out the window to see how close they were to Goku's house. "Besides, we have a much bigger problem."

"We do?"

"Yes. Who's going to tell Chichi about Goku and Gohan?"

"Not me! I don't want do it!"

"But Krillin, you've been Goku's friend the longest, so it should be you."

"Oh man..."

"Hold on everyone." Bulma announced. "We're about to land."

The landing was easier on the plane then it was on the nerves of the passengers inside it. They all approached Goku's house as if it were on fire. Roshi even thought about lightly tapping on the door and then running for the hills.

Before they could get to their destination, the Ox King opened the door.

"My friends! It's good to see you again!" Ox King's eyes shifted to Roshi. "My old Master! It's good to see you doing so well. Chichi! Guess what!"

'Oh no, here it comes.' Roshi felt the need to bury his head.

"Master Roshi and the rest of them have brought the party here!"

"Then Goku and Gohan are back?"

"I don't see them, but they might just be riding around on that silly Nimbus of Goku's."

"Ok... but I hope they get back soon. Gohan still has a lot of studying to do."

"Relax Chichi." The Ox King said with a chuckle. "It is Goku after all. When was the last time he's ever gone out and had a little fun?"

"Yes dad." Chichi paused to sigh. "All this worrying is going to give me wrinkles."

"Chichi, I'm afraid I have some bad news about Goku." Roshi tried his best to be brave as he spoke.

"Hey, I think I see someone flying in the air." the Ox King interrupted. "Perhaps it's Goku and Gohan!"

"Really?" Chichi ran out of the house while everyone turned their attention to the sky. A lone figure could be seen from the ground.

"You know," The Ox King spoke as he stroked his chin. "that looks a bit too short to be Goku and I don't think Gohan's lost that much weight."

"Your right Chichi, but who else would be stopping by at this time of day?" Roshi's expression suddenly changed. "... Oh my, it's a girl. Brown hair. She's wearing a black... Kung Fu GI. Oh my, what a silly thing. She's got on a teddy bear back pack. Kid's these days."

"Master, can you really see all that from here?"

"Yup."

"How?"

"Krillin, from day one you should know I've always had a good eye for the ladies." Krillin found his face impacting the dirt in record time. "Darn, it's just a six year old."

"A six year old that knows how to fly..." Bulma remarked as she watched. Soon she could see the details described by Roshi, plus one thing that he forgot to mention. "Does that hat look kind of familiar?"

"Yeah, it's like the one Gohan had... And it's got a dragon ball on it just like Gohan's!" The girl landed and they could see the girl had the four star ball on her hat. "It is Gohan's hat! This must be the girl Piccolo warned us about."

"Hello everybody!" Everyone face vaulted at Ryotori's cheerful greeting.

"This girl is the one that took the ball from Piccolo?" Krillin asked.

"I don't know, but she was flying. Perhaps she's stronger then she looks." Roshi's eyes went over the girl many times, trying to sense if she was hiding any power.

"Excuse me, but have you seen any balls like this one?"

"You!" Krillin didn't like to speak mean to children, but it was needed here. "Give us the Dragon Ball you stole from Gohan. We need it to revive our friend."

"I can't give it to you."

"Why not?"

"Cause."

"Because what?"

"You have the two balls in there don't you!"

"Wait just a minute. Don't change the subject. We need yours."

"I was told to get them all and I'm going to. Stand aside or you'll get hurt mister."

"Krillin stop this. She's just an six year old kid."

"Ah!! I am not six! I'm ten! Now you've made me angry!" The air around them began to hum as energy was drawn to the girl. "My name is Ryotori and I'm in middle school!"

The transformation happened before their eyes. The child went through a total of ten years maturing time in a matter of seconds.

"This changes things in my book. Hey Bulma."

"Yes Krillin?"

"Any objections to me attacking a sixteen year old?"

"I guess not..." Bulma then passed out and hit the ground hard.

"Krillin. Don't worry about Bulma. I'll take care of her." Roshi ran to her side with a goofy grin on his face.

"Yeah, that's what I'm worried about."

"You know it ain't good for old folk to get to so worked up." Ryotori remembered hearing that line from somewhere and if felt like a good time to use it.

"Old! I'm only twenty-six!"

"Wow, your older then I thought."

"Are you going to fight or make insults!"

Ryotori saw Krillin's charging punch and caught his fist. She held onto it, keeping Krillin from pulling his arm back.

"You sure you don't want to quit now?"

She threw her other arm up just in time to stop Krillin's kick.

"Why can't I break free? I should have a lot more power then her!"

"Well... I don't know how much energy you have, but I'm adding it to my own reserves."

Then Krillin felt it. All his power draining out of him.

"No!" Krillin struggled to free himself, but soon found he didn't have enough energy to stand.

"I'm going to let you go now, but you might want to consider laying down or you'll probably fall over." Her hand released Krillin's fist and he felt dizzy. He tried to fight against it and stay awake, but he'd lost to much energy. Soon, he was out on the ground.

"Yay! I won! I won! Yippee!" She looked up to the sky and appeared to make a wish. "Happö Tsurisen Gaeshi!"

The energy blast shot into the sky and light up the surrounding areas.

"Oh my," Roshi starred at the blast. "So that must have been all the energy you were draining out of Krillin."

"Yuppies!" (Note: this is Ryotori's childish way of saying yes and Yay.)

"I'm not a yuppie!"

"Huh? What are you talking about silly!" Roshi fell over as he realized she was a little girl again. "Now, I'm going to get those dragon balls. Are you going to give me any trouble?"

"No. Go ahead. Just be careful." It didn't take Ryotori long and she soon had them.

"All right! I've got five of the magic orbs! Time to hit the road!"

"Now I've seen everything."

"Master Roshi, why didn't you try to stop her?" Bulma said as she picked herself off the ground.

"Bulma, I was no match for her. I'd only have ended up on the ground next to Krillin. I've never told the boy, but he surpassed me not too long ago."

"Oh." This news didn't seem to help Bulma's spirit's any. "Then what are we going to do about the dragon balls?"

"The only thing we can do. We wait for her to use them and hope we have enough time to recollect them in a year. It'll take everything we got, but I'm sure we could do it in a day if we had to."

"I hope your right..."

"Master Roshi!"

'Oh no, I forgot about Chichi.' Roshi could feel the heat of her anger.

"What was that about bad news about Goku and Gohan?!"

"Well, it's like this," Roshi went about telling Chichi in detail what happened. By the time he was done, she was shell shocked. "And that's what happened."


___________________________________

In the air, Ryotori's body began to glow softly as it absorbed even more of the magic from the balls. Of course, Ryotori was too buy doing loops in the air to notice.