Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Of Men, Saiyajins, and God ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3 version 1.0


Ryotori loved to fly. It was one of the best feelings and if she wasn't on a mission, she'd be happy to just flutter about in the breeze.

For her, and the rest of the world, time was running short. She knew there was no time for playing.

Her senses locked onto one of the balls just below her.

"Alright, my first find!" She dived down into the sea. She swam around for a few minutes until her senses directed her right to it. She spotted it on the ocean bed. The pressure at her current level was really something else and she had to put everything into her swimming to make it. Finally, her hand made contact with the orb. With her objective in hand, she began to make her way to the surface.

As she went up, her body began to fill with energy from the ball. She knew the magic inside them was special. The feelings she got from the first one got stronger as she held this one. Part of her couldn't wait to find the others. She wanted this sensation to continue to increase.

In Ryotori's mind, she could see the next one. A strange new feeling hit her. She could actually sense the number of stars on it. The one in her left hand had seven stars. The one in her right hand had two stars. The one she felt, it had... four. Four lovely little stars.

She flew as fast as she could towards it. She felt something else close to the ball that reminded her of someone she'd meet and she wanted to find out who. As she continued to increase her speeds, people below were treated to the sounds barrier being broken, shattering windows all along her path.

___________________________________

High above the clouds, Ranma-chan sat and tried to meditate. Cologne told him she'd have a difficult time fighting if her didn't find his center.

"Ranma, is it true?"

"What's that Ryoga-chan?"

"Why you!" A knock on the head from Cologne snuffed Ryoga-chan's fire fast. "As I was saying, is it true, were you wearing a couple of tons?"

"I don't know. Probably." He paused for a second to think it over. "Then again, probably not. I mean, that'd be impossible."

"Well, so is a lot of other things we've seen, but they happen any ways."

"Yeah. I guess your right. It really could be possible. I just don't feel it."

"Ranma," Cologne decided to butt in. "Your problem is your body is like a vase. A normal person's would be a simple matter to fill with a simple meal. But with yours, the vase has become so huge that you would have to eat for a month straight to ever fill it completely."

"Your not saying what I think are you?"

"Yes. For all the strength you have thanks to your training, you'll never have the power that goes with it."

"Damn it! Why didn't somebody tell me!"

"Well, don't feel to bad Saotome. Unlike you, I've still got plenty of strength."

"Ryoga, the same goes for you to."

"What?"

"It's true that both you and Ranma now have bodies of great physical strength, both of you can never hope to fill the power to it's max."

This thought put both Ryoga and Ranma to shame.

"Cheer up girlies. For the opponent we're about to face, ya won't need that much power. Your brute strength will be more then enough. Ha ha!"

Ranma looked over at Akane and he was sure he saw her smirk.

"Ranma, isn't that Ryotori?" They looked into the distance and saw her. They tried to get her attention, but she was looking at something.

___________________________________

Ryotori saw her destination. The closer she got, the more detail she could make out. There were three people battling it out down there. From the looks of things, she guessed that it was two on one.

Ryotori hovered silently and watch the scene unfold below her. The man with the black hair grabbed Raditz and held on tight.

"Hurry Piccolo! I think my ribs are broken!"

"Just a second. Now, are you sure about this Goku?"

"Yeah! Just hurry!"

"Special Beam Cannon Fire!" Ryotori watched carefully and memorized everything happening below. It took seconds for her brain to figure out that the guy holding Raditz, Goku was what is sounded like he was called, was in serious danger from that beam the green guy, Piccolo shot from his finger. Before she could act, it lanced through Raditz and into Goku.

She swooped down and tried to stay out of sight. She could hear them talking in the back ground. One thing that caught her attention. It was something the green guy said. Something about using dragon balls to wish a guy name Goku back to life.

'Could these balls be the ones their talking about? I gotta tell Happy about this.'

"Hey, what are you doing with that Dragon Ball!"

'Oh no. I've been spotted!' She put the hat on her head and turned to face the green guy.

"Alright little girl, just hand that over to uncle Piccolo."

'Why do strangers thing that calling themselves uncle would suddenly make them trust worthy?' She thought to herself. "Mr. Piccolo, I'm afraid I need these. My master told me to collect them."

"Well, tell your master that the future of the world is at stake and he can get them after we've wished Goku back to life." Piccolo suddenly had an idea. 'If this girl is like any other human girl I've seen, I've got a trick that's sure to freak her out. Then she'll probably scream and drop the ball. Otherwise I may have to hurt her...'

He focused his energy and Ryotori noticed the increase. To Piccolo's surprise, she was actually getting closer. With a yell, his new arm came out as slimy as it always did when he had to regenerate it. He then waited for her to panic.

"Cool!" Piccolo face vaulted at Ryotori's reaction.

"What kind of little girl are you?"

"Well... I'm not little for starters!" She began to collect energy from her surroundings and her body's age shifted. Piccolo found himself wondering if he should be the one to back up. The light show didn't last long and he found himself looking at a girl that appeared to be sixteen years old.

"Ah!!" He covered his mouth as a yell tried to escape. 'It won't do for her to think your scared. Just play it cool.'

"Still think I'm little? The more energy I absorb, the more mature my body gets."

"So your a big girl. I still can't let you leave with that ball!"

"What ever meanie!" She stepped back and braced herself. "Happö Tsurisen Gaeshi!"

Piccolo found himself blocking an energy blast that he was certain a girl that young could never generate. It didn't have a lot of punch behind it though, so he figured she'd collapse. All he had to do was wait for his eyes to clear up. As they did, his jaw hit the ground. She'd disappeared.

'This is bad. Without that Dragon Ball, we can't summon Shenlong. With out Shenlong, Goku will remain dead.'

A strange feeling caught his attention. He looked above and spotted a large black and white checkered colored flying carpet.

'Just my luck. I wonder if these guys are the ones that little girl was collecting the dragon balls for...'

Piccolo didn't have to wait long as the carpet suddenly dived straight down and came to a complete stop right in front of him. On the carpet, he spotted five girls and two elderly midgets.

"Dearie, you don't have to turn green with envy. The magic carpet is a secret treasure of the Amazon tribes." Everyone on the carpet face vaulted at Cologne's remark.

"I'm not envious. I'm naturally this color." Their recovery wasn't helped by this.

"Well, you don't seem to be from around here." Happousai said as he gently hopped off the rug.

"I'm not." Piccolo's mind went back to what Raditz said.

"We came here to try to help out, but it looks like we got here too late. Sorry about your friend over there."

"He's not my friend. He's... my nemesis."

"Really... Well, forgive me. It didn't seem that way to me, but I'm just an old man. I could be mistaken."

"You are."

"Then you mind telling me why you wanted to revive him?"

"Because... I wanted to kill him in a fair one on one."

"That's what you say..."

"Can you people tell me why your bothering me? I having enough problems as it is."

"Well, before we run off, you mind telling us what those dragon balls are used to summon?"

"What? Why are you asking me?"

"From our seats, we really couldn't hear much. Something about a wish?"

"Yes. The eternal dragon is summoned and you get a single wish. Right now though I have to track down a girl that stole the one we had. If we can't get it back, the world is doomed."

"Don't worry about it. Ryo's collecting the balls as we speak."

"I was right! That girl was with you! Where is she now!"

"I'd say, but... no thanks. You've got more then enough to worry about."

"You people are driving me crazy!"

"Master." Akane knelt beside Happousai. "There's some people approaching. What should we do?"

"Leave them alone. They don't pose a threat to us and I think they're with the green guy." Happousai took this moment to light his pipe and relax. He knew the danger was mostly over for now.

___________________________________

Seconds later, a strange looking plane landed near them. As soon as it was firmly on the ground, the passengers exited as fast as the could. The short man ran to Goku's side.

"Your gonna make it Goku. Your can pull through." Krillin knew his words were more for his own peace of mind then Goku's. Looking at the warrior's face, he could tell that not even death fazed him.

"No Krillin." Roshi's voice could barely be heard as he tried to speak.

"He can!" Krillin tried to hold back his tears as he pleaded with his friend. "Can't you Goku?"

"Nope... not this time friend. This time I can't." Master Roshi was amazed that even facing death, Goku had a smile on his face."

"I'll wish you back Goku. We already have three dragon balls." This seemed to make Goku's smile grow a bit bigger.

"Take care of Gohan for me guy and tell Chichi I'll be back. You know I will so... don't worry about me."

"I'm proud of you son." Roshi said as he looked at the finest and bravest man he'd had the pleasure of knowing.

"I love you all. Bye..." His eyes closed and the fire in him seemed to seep away forever.

"Goku?" Krillin paused, hoping to get an answer. He knew it wasn't coming though. "GOKU!"

"Oh no..." Bulma had seen her share of death in the last fifteen years, but it never got easier to see.

"What a remarkable young man." His eyes seemed to be getting blurry, so he blinked. That's when he realized his eyes were fine. It was Goku body. "Hey, look he's disappearing!"

"What in the world happened?" Krillin didn't know what to think. One minute he was grieving over his friend's body, the next minute. Nothing.

"This is Kami's doing. Yeah, I'm sure of it. Goku and Kami go way back," Piccolo stated with a grin before becoming serious. "We've got a problem though."

"What's that Piccolo?" Roshi asked, not knowing what could be worse then what just happened.

"I found out there are two more of those Saiyajin headed to Earth and..."

"And?"

"Unless the ball on Gohan's head was a fake, we only have two dragon balls. A young girl came and took Gohan's."

"No way! This can't be happening!" Krillin couldn't keep his cool as he thought about not being able to revive Goku in time. "With out all seven, we can't wish Goku back!"

"Well, the good news is that she'll have to get the two we have, so we know she'll show eventually. We can get the four star ball then."

"Sounds like a plan Piccolo." Roshi stated calmly. "I'll go to Goku's house and secure the two Dragon Balls there while Krillin and Bulma hunt down the rest."

"You can count on me Master!" Bulma and Krillin headed to the plane while Roshi went to pick up Gohan's body.

"I have a request to make. This is going to sound odd, but try to put your emotions aside. I'm going to take Goku's son for..." He paused to think of the right way to say what he had to. "Special training."

"I'm afraid you'll have to take that up with the boy's mother," Bulma sternly stated.

"I'm not asking!" Akane was ready to step in and stop Piccolo, but Happousai stopped her.

"But why master?"

"Because," He looked intently at Piccolo. "I think this might be what Piccolo needs to realized he's not as evil as he thinks."

"But he wants to take that child from his mother!"

"And you know for a fact that it was that same thing that made Ranma the fighter he is today. So, it'll probably work for this one too."

"Ok..." Akane yielded, but only because she knew the master would never change his mind once it's made up.

"Wise move." Piccolo said as he eyed the girls and their elderly teachers. "You punks wouldn't have lasted long any ways."

"Now look here, I've told them not to attack you because I think your doing the right thing. No need to insult us in the process."

Piccolo was done listening. He took Gohan and flew off.

"Say ya cutie, I was hoping you wouldn't mind sharing some information with us." Happousai said as he hoped over to Bulma.

"Ewww! What is it?"

"That's just the old freak. Don't mind him. If he tries anything stupid, I'll make him regret it." Ranma cracked his knuckles to drive the point home.

"You really know how to ruin an old man's fun." He returned his attention to Bulma. "We were wondering, what's with those Dragon Balls that green guy was talking about."

"Well, it's simple. You gather all seven and then the eternal dragon appears to grant you a single wish, whatever it might be."

"Whatever it might be?"

"Yeah, one person that made a wish ended up ruling the world."

"Fascinating. And do ya have ta say something special to do this summoning?"

"You just have to call out to the dragon. There's not much to it."

"Thanks a lot. Now all we got to do is wait for little Ryo to gather the rest."

"Ryo? Wait just a minute buster, but we need to revive Goku or the world's going to be in big trouble!"

"Well, I'm not going to fight you on this, but I don't think your going to be able to stop little Ryo. She's a tough one."

"Well, we're going to try. Come on Bulma. These people aren't about to listen to reason." Roshi took his seat in the plane. "Besides, not only to we have to protect the dragon balls, but one of us has to deliver the bad news to Chichi."

"Oh man! I don't want to." A look of fear was running over Krillin's face. "I'd rather fight these Saiyajin then deal with Goku's wife."

The plane door closed and they took off.