Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Of Men, Saiyajins, and God ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2 version 1.0


Ryotori shot out of the Tendo house. Her objective was clear. Find more of the magic balls. The task seemed easy enough. The balls magical energy was very unique with almost a sweet feel to them. For several minutes, all should did was absorb energy from the ball, feeling wonderful.

In her mind, she remembered that they did not have much time left. She only hoped that Happousai was right about the power of the balls.

___________________________________

Ranma sat in Cologne's hut and ate down every last bit of food. Part of him wanted to ask how they knew to have the food ready. The rest of him wanted more. It had been so long since he had a real meal.

Working out in the middle of desserts digging up the remains of one culture or another never gave him many chances to eat the kinds of foods he loved. He always had to settle for what the chef would make.

"So Ranma, you've felt it too?" He choked as he tried to answer between helpings of noodles. He stopped and swallowed hard before trying to continue.

"Yeah, I felt it. I saw it too. Nasty looking guy."

"Yes, you were close to it's path. I'm surprised it didn't notice you."

"It would have if I hadn't suppressed my life force. So what is it?"

"I'm not entirely sure. I remember Happousai mentioned once during a conversation about the worlds colliding, but I thought it was a bunch of hog wash. Strange that he should sense something that I could not."

"Can you tell... Am I strong enough to beat this thing?"

"I'm not sure..." She eyed him like a thief caught red handed. "It depends on if your going into battle with that on."

"My shirt?"

"Don't be coy with me. I know a training suit when I see it. Your wearing it under your clothing. How long have you been wearing it?"

"I don't know. I'd say about five years."

"Five years?! Straight?"

"Yeah... The darned thing doesn't do that much though. Every once in a while I feel like someone dropped a couple hundred pounds on my head, but it passes quickly."

Cologne's mind froze for the first time in two hundred years.

___________________________________

Ryoga awoke to a splitting headache.

"Oww. Where am I? That's right. I was practicing, then that strange guy showed up. Man, I got to get something to eat... Then I'll make that freak pay."

Ryoga pulled himself to his bag and began to dig into it. Soon he pulled out what he was looking for. He pulled out a black pot and began to pull food out of it. Normally, he only needed a few bites of it's contents. Today, he ate like there was not tomorrow.

___________________________________

Happousai stood before his remaining students to give them their next assignment.

"Girls, we're going on a training journey. Our destination is the Amazon village Cologne lives at. There, we'll coordinate our attack on the forces that threaten Earth."

"Yes Master!" All three girls said in unison. Happousai thought back for a second and remembered how difficult it was to get them to listen at first. Now they followed almost every command he gave. Well, almost. They still wouldn't let him fondle them.

"Master?"

"Ukyo?"

"How are we going to get all the way to China in time?"

"China? Silly girl. Cologne moved her village just east of Nerima about six years ago. It'll only take us about twenty minutes to hike there."

___________________________________

Ryoga sat and let the food settle for a few minutes before packing up. His next stop was the only place he could imagine finding Ranma. Cologne's village in Japan. Once he got there, perhaps either Cologne or Ranma could fill him in on what he'd missed while he was gone.

___________________________________

High above the sky, the sinister man flew. His mind boggled as his scouter seemed to be going haywire. Already, he'd located over fifteen high power levels. None of them seemed possible since they were all just humans.

"Kakarot! I'm going to find you little brother and take you back into the fold. Then together we'll destroy this planet!... If I can ever find you!"

___________________________________

Cologne's mind went over the calculations over and over in her mind and the only thing she could come up with was Ranma was not human. The weight the training garb would be at now was probably over a ton or two. Perhaps even more.

"Ranma, take it off."

"What? I'm not taking off my clothes in front of you."

"The training suit."

"Oh, sure. Could you step outside for a minute?"

"Certainly. Call me back in when you are done."

Ranma took off his regular clothes and laid them in a neat pile. He then started on the training suit. As soon as he removed the first button, the felt a huge shift in his weight. His body felt like it was the shadow of a ghost. Stumbling a bit, he reached for his clothes and put them back on.

"I'm done." He called out while trying to find his center. Cologne came back in and saw his movements.

"If everyone has trained as hard as you have Ranma, then the future of this world should assured. But we're going to have to work on getting you used to the reduction of your body weight..."

___________________________________

Back in the air, the evil alien's scouter finds a new energy source.

'Incredible. With a power level this high, it can only be Kakarot. And it's headed this way!'

He turned to the East and waited. Soon, the owner of the power level comes into view.

"Kakarot?" The person came into view and he realized it was a girl with brown hair wearing a black GI and the silliest teddy bear back pack.

"Kakarot? Silly, I'm Ryotori! What's your name?"

"You'd better run along little kid. My name is Raditz and I'm not a nice guy!"

"Yes. I can tell. You have an evil fighting spirit. I'm going to have to teach you a lesson."

"What? You think you can defeat me? Your power level is high, but it's nothing compare to mine."

"That's because I've been training for a week straight. But I can fix that mister!" Her body starts to glow and soon hundreds of little balls of light traveled to her, surrounding her. As they touched her skin, they absorbed into her. The reading on Raditz's scouter began to climb.

"What's this? 600? 700? It can't be she's already at 900 hundred." He watched in horror as the little girl danced in the air and continued to gather more energy. Minutes later, he began to look for an escape route. A new thing began to catch his eye. The girl appeared to be about 7 or 8 when she first arrived. Now, she seemed to be closer to thirteen or fourteen and her appearance was getting older by the second. "Looks like this trick of yours has a flaw. By the time you reach a power level high enough to harm me, you'll be two hundred years old."

Ryotori's face suddenly got serious looking.

"How dare you! It's not aging! I'm maturing!" His scouter exploded on the side of his head and the girl's power increased even faster.

'Got to get out of here!' He quickly fired off several blast as cover before hitting light speed. The blast blinded Ryotori, but instead of hitting her, they were absorbed into her.

"Your fast, but I'll get you! Happö Tsurisen Gaeshi!" All the energy she was collecting shot out of her hands towards the run away alien. As the energy left, her body reverted to the young form again. "Darn it. He got away. I'll get him next time. Oh well. I gotta get the rest of these balls! Gotta catch'em all! yeah!"

As she flew off, she continued to sing the theme song from the electric rats show.

___________________________________

The trip to Cologne's village was not nearly as long as Akane thought it would be. What surprised her was the fact that Cologne had her village moved to a remote area of Japan.

As they arrived, they spotted Ryoga. Under different circumstances, Ryoga would have been thrilled to see her again, but the world was facing it's greatest threat.

Ryoga's biggest surprise came when he spotted a familiar face.

"Hey, Ryoga! Long time no see! Did you get lost again?"

"Ranma, you jerk! I'd pound your face in if you weren't so special to Akane!"

Ranma felt a sense of returning home as he saw all the familiar faces. It had been so long since he'd seen Akane or Ukyo. He was even happy to see Kodachi again.

"Oh Ranma darling? Are you and that pig-tailed girl still sharing the same body?"

"'Fraid so." A large splash of cold water hit him as he was answering. It seemed Kodachi wasn't really listening as usual.

"Drat. Oh well. By the way, who's that other girl over there?" Ranma-chan turned to see who she was referring to. Standing where Ryoga was a second ago was a young girl with blue hair wearing Ryoga's clothes.

"Ryoga!?! Since when did you turn into a girl?"

"Oh, this? It happened about five years ago during a quest to find this!" She showed them a leather bound book.

"I'm confused. What's that book have to do with you turning into a girl?"

"As you know Ranma, I had a completely different curse back then. It turned out I couldn't pass through the door unless I was completely human. That meant my original curse had to go. The man there cast a spell on me. That's when I got this form."

"Well, what do you know. Guess this proves you don't have a clue one what's good for you. It would have been better if you stayed as P-Chan."

"Who you callin P-Chan!"

"It's ok Ryoga." Ryoga-chan turned and faced Akane. "I know now that it was you."

"The whole time?"

"Well... Not the whole time... But after you disappeared, P-Chan did as well. Then during my training, Master Happousai told me about it. I was a little upset until I realized you did it to comfort me. Because of you, I had someone I could talk to whenever I was angry at Ranma." Her voice suddenly went from soft to angry. "But if you were to try that now, I'd have to cook you up for dinner!"

"Now that we're all here, we've got to go. The forces are already gathering."

"Yes, Cologne is right." Happousai remarked casually. "I can sense them. They are powerful, but they are not match for their foe. I fear for them. However, I wonder if we can reach them in time."

"We must!" Cologne said as her body began to radiate. "Ai no Tatami Tenchi Nage!"

The silence that followed was deafening. Soon a large shadow was cast over the Nerima group.

"What the heck is that thing?"

"That, Ranma, is a flying carpet."

"You shouted all that for a crummy carpet?"

"Not just any carpet. This one was woven by the Gods themselves for the first humans. It can move faster then the speed of sound. Don't worry about falling off though. It projects a magical barrier to prevent that from happening."

They moved quickly and got on. If they had more time to think about what they were about to do, they probably would have questioned their sanity.