Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Ryoga and the Mark of God ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Welcome. This is a Ranma 1/2/DBZ crossover. Since I'm more familiar with the English names of the DBZ charaters, I'm going to use them (I like them better any ways.) On with the story!


The Mark of the Gods Version 1.1

Millions of years ago.

"We have two choices. We can destroy the ball containing Buu right now or bury it deep in the Earth."

"Supreme Kai, is there a reason we should not destroy it?"

"Only one. I'm not certain we have enough energy to. If we fail, we may end up releasing the very thing we hoped to destroy. However, since there is no longer anyone left alive that can free Buu, there is no risk in simply leaving him there."

"I must disagree. Just because we don't know of anyone else that can, doesn't mean we should assume there isn't."

"Your right. Then let us combine our powers and take a chance!" With their plan in mind, the two build up all their energy and fire it at the evil ball. At first, it looks like the plan would fail, but soon the ball's defenses gave out and the ball's mass was reduced to atoms.


Hundreds of Years ago

"Mr. Popo, I've had a disturbing vision."

"Yes Kami?"

"I saw the Earth being attacked. It was by a race known as Saiyajins."

"But I thought they were just simple barbarians."

"Yes, for now. However, I see that one day soon they will rise against the Truffles and become the dominating force. After that, they will side with Freeza."

"Is there anything we can do to prepare?"

"Yes. While I think that we might yet gain a protector, the future is not yet that clear. Instead, I've decided to create a Mark. When it is done, I want you to teach to the clans of Earth. This Mark will give a warrior more then enough to fight against these Saiyajins, even in their most powerful forms."

Later, when the mark was finally done, Kami showed PoPo the mark. Shortly afterwards, the mark began to appear on all the noble fighters.



The Present

'That old man tricked me! He didn't give me any power at all. All he did was make me a source of mockery. People will laugh at me. My enemies will mock me. And if Akane sees me like this.... Guess that'll teach me to be kind to strange old men in the woods. I gave him every last cup of noodles I had and he... he... cursed me! Why didn't he just kill me and get it over with!'

Ryoga looked down towards his stomach at the odd looking face smiling at him. To him, this face was the worst thing that could have happened to him since he got his curse of turning into a pig. Thankfully, to rid himself of this new curse would be simple. All he needed was to lose a fight. With his objective set, he set out to find the nearest dojo.

Three weeks later and 100 dojos, he looked down at his stomach and his inner depression grew.

'All those fighters and still no defeats. I even tried to lose on purpose a couple of times, but my body seemed to move on it's own then. Where I am going to find someone who can beat me? If only I could get back to Nerima. Ranma's skill is a lot higher then anyone those dojos had... I think...'

As he was thinking to himself, something caught his eye. For some reason there was a large crowd at the entrance to what looked like an arena. He looked around for someone he could ask and as usual, the first person that walked past him to go there was volunteered against their will.

"What's going on over there?"

"What da ya mean?" The old hillbilly didn't like being assulted, but he could help wonder about this kid.

"What's that crowd doing over there?"

"Their signing up for the 24th World Martial Arts Tournament of course. Don't tell me you've never heard of it?"

"A World Tournament?"

"Yup, but certainly you must've known about it since you came to this island."

"We're on an island?" The couldn't remember doing any swimming. The oldhillbilly just backed away slowly as Ryoga turned his attention to the idea of a tournament. "Maybe I can find someone with some real strength."

Ryoga said a silent prayer that this place would be his cure. He walked up carefully and got in line with the others. He started checking out the fighters ahead of him.

'weak, weak, hmm, that one looks promising, weak, really weak. My God, is he entering? Hope not for his sake. What the!!' He turned as an enormous power source appeared somewhere behind him. He turned and for a second it seemed as the man appeared out of thin air. This guy's power was enough to give Ryoga hope that he would get beaten.

After Ryoga signed up, he went over to introduce himself. Before going over, he decided it would be best if he hid his power just in case this guy thought he was threatening. As he walked towards Goke, he made certain watch Goku very carefully, not wanting to get lost on the way over there.

"Goku, look out! It's an Android!" The groups fighting power suddenly jumped up and Ryoga got a shiver from the increase, but he was a bit confused.

'What's an Android and why are they looking at me now?'

"That demented Dr. Gero's gone too far! He's not going to ruin my day back from the dead! I'm only going to say this once! Leave or I'm going to destroy you now!"

"Are you talking to me sir?"

"I don't see any other androids."

"Why do you keep yelling android? What is that anyway?" This question caused the whole group to fall on their faces. The power levels started to go down as they got up and approached him.

"Then why we're you looking at me like that? Only androids have reacted that way to us... Plus I can't read your power level. Another android trait."

"I can assure you, I'm not an.... android. Just a guy that has a lot of bad luck." In Ryoga's mind played out his entire life from his terrible sense of direction, to his falling in the spring of drowned pig and nearly being eaten by a giant panda, to the latest incident with the smiley devil face called the Mark of the God. "I just wanted to come over and introduce myself since I figured you'd be fighting in the tournament. My name is Ryoga Hibiki."

"Well, my names Goku, these are my kids, Gohan and Goten and their friend Trunks. That woman behind Trunks is Bulma and she's Trunks mother. The green guy over there is a Nam..." Before Goku can finish, Piccolo stepped on his foot.

"My name is Ma Junior and I'm from..." He tried to think of how freaked out this kid would be if he learned the truth and spit out the rest of his sentence, "I'm from Greenland."

Goku and a couple others nearly fell over when they heard that, but thankfully they kept it together.

"Yeah, he's from Greenland. Any ways, over here is my oldest friend in the world, Krillin, and last but not least the edgy looking guy, his name is Vegeta. Try not to make him angry. That's about everyone."

"Actually dad, you forgot Videl. She a class mate of mine."

Ryoga looked back at the guy the called Ma Junior and wondered if this guy was from Greenland like they said. 'I guess I'll have to take a trip there someday, if I can find it...'

"We have to go now. It's time for the elimination round to begin."

The group started walking away from Ryoga, but he just followed them. As they got the gate for the elimination area, they noticed he was still following them.

"Um, not sure why your following us, but beyond this area is for people participating in the tournament's elimination round. It was nice to meet you though."

"What do you mean. I've signed up to fight." Goku became nervous again. At this point he was certain Ryoga was probably not an android. Still, with Ryoga's power so low that no one could sense it, he was afraid the kid might get hurt. At least the elimination round should keep him from having to fight. He heard they started using punching machines instead of one on one fights to determine the finalist. Not quiet as exciting, but in this case he was happy for the poor kid.


The fighters gathered around and drew lots to see which order they would go in. Ryoga finally got around to picking out a number and looked at it hopefully. His heart sunk as he realized he would be the last person to use the machine. That meant no one would be around to see how he did.

As he waited in line, he heard a loud crashing sound and thought he saw smoke. Word quickly traveled down the line that some fighter destroyed the machine in a single punch. Ryoga started to wonder who that fighter might have been.

Four hours and a new punching machine later, Ryoga finally got his chance. He noticed the machine had a very visible breaking point to it, but figured it wouldn't be a good idea to do that. He called forth all his energy and let his punch fly. A second before his fist hit, the mark injected power into Ryoga's punch causing the punching machine to take flight.

"Not again!" The monk stared at the airborne punching machine, then he turned and glared at Ryoga. "I swear, next year we're going back to the old elimination system."

"Ah... Sorry about that. I guess I don't know my own strength..."

Minutes later, Ryoga began searching for Goku and his group. To his surprise, he found them right away.

'Thank you god! I actually found the people I was looking for and it only took a few minutes!' Ryoga casually walked over to the group of large fighters. "Hey guys, I made it to the finals."

"What?! .... I mean, that's good Ryoga." Goku couldn't figure that out. 'Maybe the machine was still broken. Why did Vegeta have to hit it so hard?'

"Where are you guys going?"

"We'll were headed to the cafeteria to grab us something to eat. What to come with us?"

"Sure, I could use something. Haven't eaten a full meal in over a week."

The group got to the cafe and took a seat.

"Waiter, bring us a lot of everything and put more on for later." Goku happily stated.

"And by later, he means five or ten minutes from now." Krillin added. The waiters quickly kicked into gear, bringing out dish after dish of foods from around the world. Ryoga, in a fit of hunger, began to inhale the food as it arrived. He started eating so much that Goku started wondering if the boy was part Saiyajin. The food kept coming and the group quickly polished it off. At one point an eating contest seemed to for against Vegeta and Ryoga, however only Vegeta was aware of this. Ryoga was just hungry. All those fights and all that walking were finally showing themselves through his hunger.

"Hey guys, isn't it about time to get to the arena?" Krillin didn't want to miss his fight.

"Yeah, lets go." Goku was almost full, but he was ready to fight.

Later the first match was called and Krillin and a large fighter name Pinter approached the ring.