Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Ryoga and the Mark of God ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Here's the fight you've all been waiting for. I'm sure I don't need to remind everyone that this chapter may go through a couple of rewrites before I'm happy with it. The outcome will always remain the same though.

Chapter 3 Version 1.2

Goku was headed to the ring as Piccolo stopped him.

"Goku, be careful. I've been sensing something odd about this kid. His normal fighting strength is just over krillins, but I think he's receiving help."

"Help?" Goku thought about all the fights he'd seen Ryoga in and didn't notice him cheating. "What kind of help do you mean?"

"Well, I'm not saying I'm certain, but I've been feeling the Mark of God on him."

"What's that?"

"It was a mark Kami created. He would give it to men of pure hearts to fight against super powers that threatened the Earth back then. The main threat back then was from the Saiyajins. Later the Mark was taught to a group of martial artist that studied Combat Penmenship." Goku's mind began to form images of fighters pulling out pens, pencils, and brushes and doing combat with one another. "Not like that! They mainly held contest of of writting, but a few of them help out fighters by using the brushes and pens to activate points of power on the body."

"So this mark on Ryoga is to activate one of his power points?"

"A normal mark would help to unlock a pressure point and allow more of the person's natural power to flow. In the end, those marks do not add anymore power then what they had to begin with. This mark is different as it does two things. First, anyone with this mark could tap in to all the energy sources around him. It's sort of like the spirit bomb or other times you have collected power from your surroundings, only this mark does it automaticly and all the time. The second thing it does is protects the user by fighting when the wearer hasn't the skill or the will. So if this boy were to refuse to fight you, the mark would take over."

"Wow! So that's how he's been doing it. I can't wait to fight him now!"

"Are you insane! This kid's fighting with power that is unlimited and you want to fight him?!"

"Sure, that's why I fight. To find someone that can challenge me. It's the only way I can become stronger." Goku ran off to the ring more excited then ever.


15th Match: Goku vs Ryoga
---------------------------------------------------------------
"Ladies and Gentlemen, what a show this had been! For our final fight, we have Goku, a return from a long time ago. He was one of the best fighters we've had here and we're glad he could return. And in this corner, a new comer to the tournament, Ryoga. This boy has shown us that the younger crowd is still good enough to go against even the best. I can assure you, the fight your about to see will live on for years to come!"

Goku built up his power and let it flare to show Ryoga what he was getting ready to fight. Ryoga realized even if he wanted to lose, he would still have to stop hiding his power just to keep from getting killed. He felt a sensation of relief as he stopped holding his power level at zero, but forgot to regulate how fast it went up. This increase gave Goku a nice breeze. Most of the crowd was scrabbling to recover lost hats and other things blown from them.

"I never figured you could hold your power down. Got any more back?"

"Nope. That's it. I figure I'm going to have to go all out just to survive." The two began to fight and Goku was clearly loving every second of it. It was the first time a human had been able to go toe to toe with him in a long time. After five minutes, the two separated for a breather.

"You've done good so far, but I wonder if your Mark of God can stand up to a Super Saiyajin level three?"

"Super what three? I hope not!" Goku face vaulted at this statement.

"What! Don't tell me you want to lose?"

"More then anything! Then I can be rid of this stupid looking mark!" Ryoga pulled up his shirt, exposing the smiley face drawn on his chest."

"That's not so bad."

"Are you kidding! If I can't get rid of this, it's all over. Akane will never love me like this! I have to lose!"

Goku decided that Ryoga was just kidding about the whole wanting to lose and began to power up to his third level. Most people would have been blown miles away from just the transformation. Thanks to the Mark of the Gods, Ryoga not only stood his ground, but he absorbed all the energy wasted during the transformation. Most people never saw what happened after Goku began to power-up. Ryoga's mark sensed the increase of power. Instead of letting Ryoga wait, the mark took control of his body and charged in with his fist ready. As Ryoga's punch made contact with Goku's gut, all the power it absorbed from the surrounding area was forced through Ryoga's fist.

"I'm sorry..." Ryoga shouted as the energy drove Goku into the air. As Goku was air borne, Ryoga began to shot out blast after blast of energy. A slightly charged Super Saiyajin landed near the edge of the ring with a loud thud. Ryoga was surprised when Goku got back to his feet almost right away.

"This is what I'm talking about!" Goku charged Ryoga at light speed and let loose with every attack he could muster. Ryoga was just shocked that he was able to block them all. Not that he had a choice. Each punch was meet by a fore arm. Every kick was stopped by a low block. It seemed after a while, Ryoga's defense was unbreakable. "You doing ok kid?"

"Yeah, but I wish this would end soon." Ryoga's shock reached a new high as Goku was chatting while trying to pummel him. The fight continued for hours and seemed as if it could go on even longer when Goku began to notice something.

'My power level. It's dropping... But why?' That's when he notice symbol Ryoga's stomach suddenly started to glow and Goku realized what was drained by it. He knew at the rate it was draining him, he'd be out of power with in the hour. "I... Give up."

"What!" The announcer was by Goku's side looking ready to bit his head off. "But you can't quit now! This fights just got to have a knock out!"

"I'm sorry, but I just don't have the energy to continue. This kid is just too tough for me." He turned to Ryoga. "Sorry I couldn't help you."


"Well, you heard it folks! Goku has surrendered! And it's hard to believe that a youngster of 16 years has defeated the long time champ Goku! Ryoga Hibiki is the winner!" With this announcement, the crowd went wild.

Ryoga heard the crowd cheering, but his inner depression only grew. Goku's power was almost certainly higher the Ranma's and now...

Goku noticed that Ryoga wasn't happy at all about his win.

"What's the matter sport?"

"No offense, but why couldn't you have won!"

"Don't let it get you down. I think you need to look at the bright side. Sure it's a little funny looking, but it could be worse."

"I was right, even you think it's stupid looking!" Goku realized he wasn't going to get through to Ryoga and his stomach gave him an idea to help Ryoga take his mind off his trouble. "Hey guys, why don't we go grab a bit to eat?"

"Goku, is that all you think about?" Krillin shook his head as he thought of the terror Goku's eating caused.

"Ryoga, your welcome to join us."

"Thank you Goku, but I have to get going. I only know one person now that might be able to beat me and I need to find him right away."

"Alright, well see you around."


Ryoga left his new friends. He made certain to get the check for the prize money and his bag of dojo signs and began to walk again.

'Damn it. I was hoping that at least one of them could do it. Still, I'm not even sure how I managed to defeat Goku. I was certain his power levels were enormous but I still won and didn't even break a sweat. My luck just keeps getting worse. Hell, if those guys couldn't do it, I'm starting to wonder if even Ranma can.'

With that, he walked off into the distance and to Nerima. At least he hoped Nerima was this direction...

THE ENDb