Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ The Ultimate Antidote ❯ Magneto; Brotherhood; Hellfire, oh my! ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
The Ultimate Antidote
Written By: Matdeception

Ranma 1/2 Notes: Takes place after the Manga

X-Men: Evolution Notes: Time line all screwed up. Rogue has yet to meet Risty, takes place after 'Adrift', but before 'Angel's Wings'.

Disclaimer: I do not write using the aforementioned series in an attempt to steal, discredit, or defame said series or their characters. I write to pay homage to the original creators, as well as improve upon my own dim writing ability. Not now, nor ever will this fan fiction be used to gain monetary value at the expense of said creators intellectual properties.

Some information, more importantly the information dealing with the Hellfireclub, was garnered from the following website http://www.marveldirectory.com/teams/hellfireclub.htm , though, it was changed to fit with this story line.

--------

Chapter 6B: Magneto; Brotherhood; and Hellfire, oh my!

--------

The scratching static of the TV played endlessly. Like a diabolical mind, the sound emitted it's presence, a presence that wafted through the room, infecting everything with it's steady, almost repeating influence. He wondered how long she had kept such a powerful mutant a secret from him? The question, oh the terrible question that forced him to revaluate the trust he had placed in her. Like a proverbial needle stabbed into his eye, her failure to keep this secret only poisoned and crippled any notions of loyalty she had ever given him. Plans would need to be made, and then plans would need to be changed. Until he knew her agenda for sure, he couldn't risk following his old routine. Yet he couldn't risk angering her, either. She may yet retain loyalty, and if she did she could only strengthen his bid for Homo-superior domination.

Yet the possibility she didn't disturbed him. Would she take the child to Xavier? No, such a silly notion. They may not see eye to eye on many things, but concerning Xavier he knew their minds to be as one. That foolish dream of uniting mutants and mankind sickened them both. Which brought forth another, more disturbing possibility. Mystique had always had her own agenda, an agenda he thought he had figured out over the years, an agenda that included the X-man Rogue, and with the return of her memories, the X-man Nightcrawler would likly be a part of that. When she had disappeared all those months ago, had she been nurturing the true agenda? Had all her efforts to build the Brotherhood, undermine Xavier's efforts, had it all be a means to an end? Had she.. used him?

The very thought was disturbingly sickining, yet appealing at the same time. If what he suspected was true, the woman had, right under his very nose, manipulated him into giving her time. Time to nuture her own group of mutants, picking the creme del la creme, while leaving the rest, less then worthwhile mutants to be swallowed by Xavier's group, and indeed the Brotherhood. If even half her group had that one mutants ability, he didn't give Xavier's group, or his less then satisfactory Brotherhood a chance in hell of winning that battle. The woman definately was a peice of work, one he realized he should have taken care of better.

Eric Lensherr hadn't felt this way in such a long time. The thrill, the possibilities the future presented, like fate's hand guiding him to a greater purpose. Why bother with the half pints? The rejects Mystique had passed over. There had to be mutants with far more impressive capabilities, mutants he could meld into the perfect soldiers. His daughter, Wanda, would make an excellent start. Mystique had no say in her recruitment, yet he could see a cryptic woman like the shapeshifter snatching the girl if given the opprotunity. If only he could capture another mutant, one like Mystique had.. or Mystiques mutant himself! The thought had possibilites, yes it did. Yet...

"I'll find you Mystique." he chuckled, unable to keep the anticipation of that meeting from appearing as a sinister smile upon his lips, "I'll find you, and when I do, you will be brought back into the fold, or die."

There was much work to be done.

---

Lance stared bitterly at the TV screen, or rather, what was left of it. The impulsive nature of Peitro and the explosive impulses of Boom Boom did not mesh well. The two spent more time arguing and attacking each other then time apart, and he was caught between the two, which sucked because he didn't really like either of them.

"Get out of my house boom bitch!"

"Go drown yourself, speedy!"

Wanda stared blankly at the wall, not so much as twitching as the upstairs was being decimated by her brother and their latest house invader.

"I'LL KILL YOU!"

"TRY IT, DICKWEED!"

"You know." Lance grunted, scratching his chin thoughtfully, "No jury in the world would convict us."

Wanda nodded slowly, her eyes never leaving that spot on the wall.

"ARRRRRRGH!"

"MY EYE! YOU POKED ME IN THE EYE!"

"You want to get out of here?" Wanda asked from seemingly out of no where.

"Eh, sure." Lance shrugged. He didn't care what he did, so long as he got away from the loonies upstairs. "Think Toad, an Fred want to get outta here too."

"I didn't ask if they wanted to get out of here." she turned her blank gaze on Lance, "I asked you."

A small explosion rocked the upstairs, shortly followed by a whimper.

"Never mind." Wanda waved Lance off, "Tabitha just blew the both of them unconscious."

"Heh. She's a little spitfire, isn't she?" Lance chuckled, "Though.. Mystiques going to kill her for taking over her room."

"So?"

"Eh.." Lance didn't really have anything to say to that. "Whatever."

---

The Hellfire Club originated in England in the 1760s as a social organization for the elite of British society. The Club not only provided its members with pleasures, often of sorts that violated moral standards at the time, but also sewed as a means for the members to consolidate their Influence over British economic and political matters.

A number of the Club's most important members, led by the wealthy trading company owner and former Member of Parliament Sir Patrick Clemens, and his mistress, the renowned actress Diana Knight, emigrated to the colony of New York in the 18th century, where they founded the new American Hellfire Club. Clemens and Knight served as its first leaders under their Club titles of Black King and Black Queen. The Club's headquarters was an abandoned church that stood on the site of the present day Hellfire Club mansion, located at what is now Fifth Avenue on Manhattan's East Side.

Today's Hellfire Club counts among its members the wealthy, the powerful, and the celebrated from virtually all over the world. Membership la by Invitation only, but such Invitations are rarely turned down, for membership in the Hellfire Club Is universally regarded as the ultimate status symbol.

As far as the general public and, indeed, the Club's members are concerned, the Hellfire Club is a thoroughly respectable upper class social organization principally devoted to giving spectacular parties. It is also generally known that these parties serve as a means for members of the social, economic, and political elite to meet unofficially to discuss matters of mutual interest, and to strike political or business deals.

The Club's highest ranking members belong to its Inner Circle, who dress in late Eighteenth Century costumes for Circle meetings and other formal occasions Involving the Club. Inner Circle members hold positions named after chess places: the leaders are King end Queens, followed by Bishops, Knights, Rooks, and Pawns. It is possible for there to be two Kings (a Black King and a White King) or two Queens (Black and White) in office simultaneously. However, such situations almost Invariably lead to power struggles, and so there Is usually only one King and one Queen at a time, If a member of one faction of the Inner Circle displaces a member of another faction as King or Queen, he or she usually names his rank after the opposite color to his predecessor's; Hence, when Sebastian Shaw deposed the most recent former leader, a White King, he became a Black King.

Unknown to most of the Club members, the Inner Circle members are engaged in a conspiracy to dominate the world through the accumulation of economic power and political influence. The Inner Circle commands great financial resources, highly advanced technology, and a large body or mercenaries (many of whom wear red and blue uniforms with masks), all of which they use in their subversive activities.

The previous leader of the Inner Circle, then known as the Council of the Chosen, was a White King who threw the Council's financial and technological support behind Dr. Trasks attempts to capture superhuman mutants with Sentinel robots. Trask's endeavor ended in disaster, and Black Bishop Sebastian Shaw and White Queen Matilda Frost seized the opportunity to turn the White King out of office. Shaw became the new Black King, leader of the Council, which he renamed the Inner Circle, and master of the entire Hellfire Club.

Depsite total dominion over the Hellfire Club, Sebastian Shaw's relative short time as leader had so far met with overwhelming opposition from the Main group, and with the untimly death of Matilda Frost due to cancer, leaving a young aspiring member of the main group orphaned, he quickly found his list of allies growing short.

"The poppers and piners are silent on this matter, Shaw." Harry Leland, a long standing Knight of the Circle, recently appointed to Black Bishop, commented. Harry was an obsese man, never very willing to keep his hands off the culinary dishes of the overpaid cooks within Hellfire Estate. Still, he was cunning and clever, and Shaw knew he couldn't have a better ally then him. "Matilda's death has left a rift within the circle itself, young Emma seeks to claim her right of ascension and take her mothers place."

Shaw sighed, rubbing his forehead in irritation. "Ms. Frost is young, niave, and unprepared for the responsibility. I do not want her on the council."

"The honor of the Hellfire club is at stake, Shaw." Selene, a recently appointed member to the inner circle at the behest of Friedrich von Roehm, the coniving snake was both ruthless and cunning in her bid for power, rising almost overnight to the position of Black Queen. She was also a powerful mutant, with her centuries of experience making her one of his most dangerous allies and threats. "Oastracising the heir of Matilda Frost's holdings could prove costly."

Shaw wouldn't put it past that snake to capatilize in the current upheavel, but what she said was true. Frost Enterprizes was a world renound corporation, with it's greedy little hands dipping into prime capitals the world round. Truly, the young Frost had inherited a mighty influential juggernaught in this economic political world. "Perhaps. For the time being we'll inform her the matter is being considered."

"Ms. Frost is already enroute from England, I'll inform her when she arrives." Selene waved the matter closed.

"Very well." Harry sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, "I guess this brings us to the crux of our improntu meeting. Namely, the mutant incident aired on live televion through out the world."

"Ah, that fiasco." Selene smirked. It wasn't everyday she viewed, much less met, another creature with no qualms for killing people en mass to satisfy their goals. "Mr. Isaruu's failure to stem the Mutant Screening Bill aside, he was rather useful in quickly supplying information on the boy before his records were sealed and classified by Japan's formerly hidden Agency Nero."

"And?" Shaw leaned against the table, hands crossed ala Command Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Selene lifted a small folder from her breif case, pulling out some pictures of the young boy in question, "His name is Ranma Saotome. A sixteen, nearly seventeen year old boy raised primarily by his father, Genma Saotome, who was the man executed in the footage we recieved through their live feed. His mother, one Nodoka Saotome, seemed to disappear around the same time of our young friend. Current where-a-abouts are unknown."

"Such little information, and all of it useless." Shaw sighed.

"I wouldn't say that." Selene grinned, passing a picture of a blue skinned red haired woman around, "I believe no introductions on this mutant are needed. Raven Darkholme, also known as Mystique, a known shapeshifter with affiliation towards the Master of Magnetisim, Erik Lensherr also known as Magneto."

Harry scowled, "Perfect. Just perfect. A mutant with that boys capabilities is already enroute to that lunatic. This is most troubling."

"Possible." Selene was willing to allow, "Ms. Darkholme certainly never hid her allegiance with the man, but since the incident with Trask's sentinel's she hadn't been seen with either Magneto, or the Brotherhood he backs. It's a possibility she's gone rogue."

"Fascinating." Shaw drawled, he never cared for Erik's dream of Homo-superior dominating the earth, or Xavier's foolish dream of unity. If this Mystique had gone rogue, why not capatilize and and get her on their side? Such opprotunities were rare, especially for the prize of a woman who could literally be anyone, and the mutant boy they had witnessed go on a killing spree for the death of his father. "Where are they now?"

Selene sighed, "We were able to trace their path to Narita. Mystique had a private jet addressed under the Darkholme name waiting for her there. She, along with the boy an a currently unidentified young girl boarded the plane, before taking off. I have agents watching at all the airports we suspect she would run to, I'm afraid we simply won't know for sure until they land."

"Pity." Shaw waved the woman off, "Inform me the moment they land. I'll deal with it from there."

---

The atmosphere was tentative at best. He was torn between finding an excuse to leave, and the fear of Takahashi's retaliation if he decided to run. Sho's failure was surely to reflect on him, not to mention the debacle of that reporter taping the events with a live feed. The whole world knew about it, had seen as the Japanese forces were litterally torn apart by a single boy lost in rage over the apparent execution of his father, right in front of him no less. Just what was Sho thinking?

"I understand your concerns, we are dealing with this situation as best we can." Takahashi's voice was cool and in control. A mask, Musashi knew. The man was enraged, he feared to be in Sho's shoes, or anyones who had something to do with this. At least he was safe, staying at the base and running operations certainly had it's merits.

"Very well, General. I'll see to it the proper punishment is handed down." he grunted, "Good bye, sir." before slamming the phone down angrily. "It's only the greatest operation in the last fourty years, and it blows up in our face!" he turned to his subordinate, "I want Major Sho in here, now!"

Musashi saluted, "Sir! Major Sho has returned and is currently waiting his debriefing!"

"Send him in."

"Yes sir." he walked towards the door, pushing it open and stepping to the side.

Sho stepped in, glaring at the man as he passed by before turning the entirty of his attention on Tasai Takahashi. "Sir! Major Sho, reporting as ordered."

"Let's dispense with the pleasantries." the man scowled, slamming his fist against his desk, "What in the hell happened out there? What explanation could you possibly have to defend this public relations nightmare?!"

"Sir!' Sho was amazed he managed not to scowl, "This mission was doomed from the start! Commander Musashi fed us false information concerning the boy's status as a non-mutant. Our prime directive called for the eradication of all mutants, we simple followed our orders."

"Musashi? Is what this man saying true?" he snapped bitterly.

Musashi had been caught slightly surprised by the accusation. The boy was a mutant? How's that possible? Hiami had done the tests... "Wait. That's not possible. Dr. Hiami had tested the boy himself, verifying he wasn't a mutant."

"Hiami?" Takahashi's eyebrow rose, "You supplied information to our troops based on that traitors findings?"

"Sir! I swear, I had no.."

"I've heard enough." Takahashi waved the man off, "You're dismissed. I'd start running, if I were you."

Apparently planning to do just that, Musashi took off in a run, slamming through the door and knocking Takahashi's secratary to the ground on his way out.

Turning to Sho, the Colonel sighed, "It appears I'm in need of a competent Commander. Up for the job?"

"Sir, yes sir!"

"Good." Takahashi sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Orders from the top. As far as the government is concerned, Saotome Ranma, his family, and the Tendos do no exist. Their files have been sealed, and classified Agency Nero use only."

"What about the footage?" Sho had only recently heard about that cluster fuck. He was really glad Musashi was taking the blame for it all.

"Disavowed. The Japanese government has issued a statement under the cover story of it being a new movie being filmed, and that nothing seen was in fact real."

"I see.."

Takahashi snorted, "For the time being, we're ordered to focus our efforts on Internal Japan. Once thats complete, we'll be given the opprotunity to cleanse this stain from our honor, permanatly. For now.."

"I understand, sir!"

---

To be contined (Eh, maybe).

AN: Not much of a chapter, actually pretty short and more of a filler all things considered. It does touch base on another group, the Hellfire Club, as well as a glimpse into Magneto's mind. I really just wanted to get this out so I can focus more on the main characters, and all in all I feel this chapter still stressed upon the points I was making. For those wondering why I didn't include Ryoga's welcome home party, as I previously stated I would, I address that in the lower portion of these notes.

In case you are wondering, though it should be obvious, I have evolutionized Emma Frost. She's just turned 16 - 17, and inherited her mothers company. Now she's vying for a place within the inner circle, and as hinted in the passage above, she'll find herself some hard opposition from Shaw, and probably from Selene (Both of these two hate each other in the mainline, I don't see why I should break such wonderful feelings up. Selene in this 'verse only dislikes Emma, the reason being she's being considered for the inner circle because of the accomplishments of her departed mother, and not for her own actions, where she had to practically beg Fedtrich to get entry.)

Another point I'd like to stress, the Brotherhood itself hasn't the nariest of clues for what happened in Japan, thanks to Peitro and Tabby blowing the shit out of the TV earlier.

A question was asked whether or not I plan to bring in Happosai, to which I answered with the following passage.

"Ryoga will be making a reappearence sooner or later. Though his inclusion in the main stream of the fic is in debate.

Looking back, I realize I have numerous organizations and nearly thirty characters I'm dealing with.

Xavier and his X-men

The Brotherhood

Magneto and the Acoyltes (Which isn't currently formed, but it will be soon)

Agency Nero

Hellfire Club

and I had planned on using the 'Syntec' Industrial Giant as it's own serpeate entity with it's own plans and goals, but this is seriously apporaching character overload between all the groups, so it's doubtful.

I'll probably spin off a side story dealing with Ryouga's fight in Japan by itself, and in that include the Syntec idea. It's highly doubtful Ranma and Ryoga will be meeting up again any time soon, but then again, that's left to the writing.

That's probably also where the Amazons, Ukyo, Happosai, and other NWC loose ends will be tied up.

I've gone ahead and evolutionized Emma Frost. I felt it fitting, considering she's the main reason Scott and Jean's marriage is in question in the mainline. heh."

I edited out crap that wouldn't make sense, but who cares about that?

Now, I may include one, or two of the NWC besides Ranma/Nabiki/ and Nodoka, but it really just depends on the writing and how the situations turn out.

Matdeception