Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Youkai in Furinkan?! ❯ The Wackos Meet the Hanyou ^O.o^ ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part VII: The Wackos Meet the Hanyou ^O.o^

Akane woke to a light rapping on her door. She mumbled incoherently, trying to get back into the wonderful dream she'd been having…something about her and Ranma in their pajamas… confessing something… [^_^ Heh, heh, too tempting to resist…]

Knock. Knock.

Oh, nevermind. Akane dragged herself out of bed and headed for the door, lightly opening it. Who the heck was knocking on her door at four o'clock in the morning? There was still an hour before dawn!

"Yes?" she whispered.

Ranma stood at the door with a perplexed sleepy look on his face. "Akane? Sorry to wake you but…"

Akane blinked and opened the door more. "Ranma? What are you doing here this late?"

Ranma gave her a rueful smile. "Is Inu-Yasha in here? Because he's not in our room."

Akane's eyes widened and she turned around. Ranma looked over and into her room. Sitting against the wall, beneath the window, was a sleeping Inu-Yasha, sword and all. Kagome had clearly sensed his presence and had snuggled up to him, her head leaning on his shoulder, her arm around him. He had one of his arms draped over her shoulders protectively and his head leaned against hers in sleep.

Akane smiled. "They look so cute."

"I guess he wasn't kidding when he said he was used to sleeping with her. They look natural."

Akane nodded and turned back to Ranma. "Kagome unconsciously misses him in her sleep too. She whispers his name while she sleeps. But what I want to know is how he got in here?"

Ranma shrugged. "No idea, Akane."

A sudden silence fell over them. Both of them ended up blushing. Ranma sighed and then turned to leave.

"Ranma…?"

He turned back to her. "What, Akane?"

She turned a violent shade of red and then shook her head. He turned red too, when he realized what she was remembering. Inu-Yasha and Kagome's conversation about the two of them.

"Akane…"

She looked up at Ranma and saw his own burning face. "Mm?"

Ranma gulped. "Uh…" he shook his head and smiled ruefully. "Inu-Yasha was telling the truth about me."

Akane's eyes widened and her heart began to thud wildly in her chest. She remembered the conversation Kagome had had with Inu-Yasha and remnants of her dream suddenly flashed through her head… They were both in their pajamas and Ranma was… [Hai, hai, everyone's getting the vibe now… hey! I love that ending sequence! The Ballad of Ranma and Akane rocks! It had to play a part in my story ^_^]

"I, well… I…" Ranma's face was flaming. So was Akane's.

"I know what you're trying to say, Ranma. I… feel the same way, too. But…how… How did this happen? After all, meddling parents engaged us. How…did we…?"

Ranma shrugged. "I don't know, Akane." Ranma smiled. "Maybe you could let your pride go for awhile…"

"Don't talk about me and pride… But it's true. We're both guilty of pretending," Akane said, smiling back up at him.

You're so cute when you smile. Ranma's heart pounded. "I still don't know how this happened, Akane. Before I knew it, I was…"

She nodded. "I know… Me too. Who would have known?"

Ranma smiled lightly and scratched the back of his head. "I'm no good at feelings and stuff, you know…"

Akane shook her head, her eyes getting shiny. "It's not just you. I'm clumsy at…this…too…"

Ranma stared into her eyes and drowned. He couldn't even hear himself breathe anymore, his heart was pounding so hard. He shook his head, not able to meet her eyes.

Akane caught her breath. "Ranma, in my whole life I've never felt this way before…"

Silence fell over them, only the sound of their hearts pounding in sync rang in their ears.

"Akane…"

She looked up at him, her hand over her heart. "Ranma…?"

"All I know is that, well… Well, we can't tell anyone yet. No matter whenever we try to… you know… Somehow, someone in someway manages to… screw us up. So, I think we better not tell anyone until… we're ready… I guess… Oh, damn, I don't even know what I'm trying to say?!"

Akane smiled. "I know what you're trying to say, Ranma. We can't say it aloud, let's just keep it quiet…for now. I agree. We just sort of realized it ourselves and finally admitted it. My feelings are just too…raw… now. I don't want anyone else to know. At least, not yet."

Ranma lightly touched the hand she had over her heart. He couldn't even think straight anymore. "Without words, just your hand in mine is enough…Akane…" Ranma whispered.

Tears threatened to spill as Akane nodded.

He looked into her eyes. His heart clenched with the emotion he saw hidden there. Ranma held onto her hand, both of their hands trembling with their feelings. He lifted his other hand to her face and gently caressed it. His heart was thumping wildly. "Akane…" He swallowed. He slowly bent his head toward hers and watched her eyes flutter close. Oh, god…

The kiss was light, tender, and tentative. Both Akane and Ranma were testing the waters, unsure, hoping, their hearts raw with a newly realized emotion-and the realization that the other felt the same way. When Ranma pulled away, he almost collapsed on the floor. Akane was just so…so… and she was looking at him like… Oh, god…

Akane smiled up at him. "Without words, Ranma, just your hand in mine is enough…"

He nodded and tried to get his mind focused again. Silence hung heavily around them for what seemed like hours and during that whole time he still hadn't let go of her hand. Finally, he found his voice. "I guess, I better get back before Pops notices I'm gone. If you don't mind Inu-Yasha sleeping there, Akane, I'll leave him there. I don't want him to knock off my head if I wake him just to move him."

Akane nodded, her heart still racing. "That's fine. Oyasumi, Ranma."

"Oyasumi."

Akane stepped back, her hand still holding his until she closed the door. Once it was shut Ranma moved and laid his head against it, letting the coolness of the wood ease his heated skin. "Damn, Akane's beautiful," he murmured to himself before straightening and leaving.

Akane was standing with her back to the door, tears filling her eyes while her heart pounded furiously in her chest. Was this a dream? Oh, god, was this a dream? If it was, she never, EVER wanted to wake up! She was beautiful?! Akane wasn't even sure if she'd actually heard Ranma say that. Her heart was still going a mile a minute. God, how she loved him…

Going back to sleep was going to be a challenge.

Inu-Yasha twitched, slowly awakening from his sleep. Something… something was bothering him, irritating him. Who the hell would be that foolish? He could feel the sun on his back, wakefulness slowly creeping into his throbbing body. He felt Kagome snuggled into him… His leg was asleep as was his arm. She felt so good… He took a deep breath. She smelled good too… Inu-Yasha slowly edged back into sleep.

Just before he fell asleep though, the irritation was back. He growled. What the hell…? His ears twitched away from the person that was touching them. Who the-? When the person who was playing with ears reached for them again, he growled and flattened them against his head. His eyes snapped open and focused on the person bothering him.

Akane blinked at him in surprise and gave him a crooked smile.

"Sorry, Inu-Yasha. Did that wake you? But when I got up and saw you like this, I couldn't resist. Your ears are so cute!!"

She made to reach for them again and Inu-Yasha moved his head back. Akane blinked at him.

"My ears are sensitive. Whenever someone touches them, it annoys the hell out of me. Only Kagome doesn't bother me when she does that. So don't."

Akane sighed. "Oh, well. It was fun while it lasted."

Kagome gave a little moan and her eyes slowly fluttered open. "Mm?" She looked up at Akane. "Akane…? Ohayo…" She then turned and saw the hanyou beside her. She smiled sleepily at him. "Ohayo, Inu-Yasha…"

Inu-Yasha buried his face against her neck and inhaled. "Ohayo, Kagome," he whispered against her neck. Kagome sighed and giggled.

Akane shook her head. She turned to Kagome. "Does he always do that?"

Kagome giggled again and moved Inu-Yasha's head out of the way. She let his arm and leg free and stretched. "Ah. It's a habit he's gotten into lately. Ne, Inu-Yasha?"

Inu-Yasha turned his face away with a "Feh", his cheeks burning. He didn't like the fact that Kagome's friend had seen him doing that to Kagome. It was…something private.

Kagome grinned and scratched him behind his ears, lightly caressing them too. "Oh, don't be mad. It's morning, and you're going to freak the crap out of everyone. So, what if Akane saw you do your morning constitutional? I'm doing mine, aren't I, and I don't care."

Inu-Yasha made a small sound and moved closer to Kagome, his ears twitching in delight. "She's your friend."

Kagome sighed. "Oh, whatever."

Akane giggled.

Ranma decided to walk in at that moment.

"Oi, Akane! Breakfast is going to ready in a bit. Wake up Kagome and-"

The rest of his sentenced died when he saw Inu-Yasha. The hanyou looked at him with a eyebrow lifted and stood up. "Nan da, pigtails? Never seen a hanyou before?" Inu-Yasha grinned at him and cracked his knuckles. "I'm ready to finish our fight now, if you're willing. I'm all healed up and in full form now."

Ranma blinked for another moment and then turned to Akane, his finger pointing at Inu-Yasha. "What the hell happened to him? What's a hanyou? When did he suddenly get dog-ears, fangs, claws and demonic eyes? And who changed his hair color and eye color in the process?"

Kagome answered. "For your second question first. A hanyou is a half youkai, half human." She stood up and stretched. "There's a certain time every month, different for every hanyou, when their demon blood runs low and they turn completely human. Last night was Inu-Yasha's time of the month. By dawn, the demon blood is back and he's back to the way he was. This is what he normally looks like. He only looks like he did last night on the first night of every new moon."

Akane grinned at Ranma's stunned expression. "His name wasn't just a weird one his parents picked. He's half human and half dog demon. That's why he has the ears, claws, eyes and fangs."

Ranma shook his head in disbelief. "No. Way. No freaking way. Inu-Yasha really IS a dog demon?!" At the lift of Inu-Yasha's eyebrow, Ranma sighed. "Oh, well. I've seen worse. A half youkai is just a new one to check on my list of shit-I-never-thought-existed-but-boy-was-I-proven-wrong." He turned his gaze to Kagome. "You know you're going to be explaining that ALL day, right? Everyone's gonna flip when they see him."

"Already fixed!" Kagome said with a smile.

Inu-Yasha and Ranma blinked. Inu-Yasha turned to Kagome with narrowed eyes. "What are you planning, Kagome?"

She shrugged. "All I was going to do was make sure that everyone was here at once, so I'd only have to explain it one time. We've already got the Tendos and Saotomes here, all we need to do is get everyone else here and then explain Inu-Yasha to them."

Ranma rolled his eyes. "You make it sound so easy…"

"It will be, Ranma," Akane said grinning. "Because you're the one who's bringing them all. They are all connected to this dojo through you. So, they'll all gather here, because of you."

Ranma groaned.

"Why do I have to meet all those weirdoes? They're not worth the effort," Inu-Yasha grumbled.

Kagome rolled her eyes. "Don't you get it, Inu-Yasha? We're going to be here another week and a half. We're eventually going to run into them and I don't feel like explaining myself hoarse about you. Just do it once and get it over with."

Akane nodded. "It's the best thing to do. Now, off with you, Ranma."

"What?! Now?! But what about breakfast?!"

Akane smiled. "I'll tell Kasumi we're having a lot of guests over for breakfast so it'll be a while before she's done." Akane turned to Kagome and began making her way to the door. "Kagome, stay here with Inu-Yasha and keep him entertained so he doesn't destroy my house. Ranma will be back ASAP because he's starving." She went out the door and headed for the stairs. "Right, Ranma?" She went down the stairs with a laugh. "KASUMI!!"

Ranma sighed and headed for the window. "Well, I guess there's no help for it." He turned to Inu-Yasha and Kagome. "I should be back soon… Oh, damn. How do I get myself involved in these messes?"

And with that, he jumped out the window.

Kagome and Inu-Yasha blinked at the window, at each other and then shrugged.

"Kagome! Inu-Yasha!"

The two looked up from their card game. Kagome had been showing Inu-Yasha how to play "Old Maid" (she figured teaching him Poker would be a bad idea, she didn't want to get him into gambling) and they were deep in concentration when they heard Akane's voice.

Akane burst into the room. "Okay! Everyone's gathered so now they can officially meet Inu-Yasha. Come on you two!"

Inu-Yasha groaned but Kagome just dragged him up off the floor.

Akane giggled quietly as she saw everyone talking, arguing and doing god-knows-what-else. When Kagome and Inu-Yasha walked into the room, the look on everyone's face was priceless. There was total and complete silence. Even the crickets were quiet. Akane had to slap her hands over her mouth to keep from laughing out loud at their expressions. Inu-Yasha didn't help any by grumbling and then growling out a, "What the hell are you all staring at?!"

Of course, Kasumi was the first to recover…if she had been surprised at all. "Oh, my. What happened to Inu-Yasha?" She blinked. "Is it Inu-Yasha?"

Kagome nodded with a grin. "Hai, hai. It's Inu-Yasha. See, the reason we all asked you here is to explain this. You see, last night, Inu-Yasha wasn't himself. Inu-Yasha is a hanyou. Half human, half youkai. His youkai half is a dog demon, hence his name, but every month there's a certain time for a hanyou where his youkai blood runs low and he turns into a human. Last night was Inu-Yasha's time of the month, so he was human. Normally, he looks like this. The sword at his hip is a demon blade made from his father's fang, his father being a great dog demon, and Inu-Yasha's own fang as well. It is called Tetsuaiga and it's used to protect humans from youkai. It can kill a hundred youkai with one blow. He's got claws, fangs, and demonic eyes. But it's okay everyone! He's really just a big old puppy dog!"

"Oi, Kagome!"

"Nani?"

"You didn't have to give them such a detailed explanation!!"

Kagome ignored him and turned back to the stunned group. Akane and Ranma were still trying not to fall down laughing. "Does anyone have any questions?"

Kuno stood up. "I wish to see this fabled demon blade. It seems like an ordinary sword from here!"

Inu-Yasha lifted an eyebrow and pulled out the Tetsuaiga. A few stunned gasps, wide eyes and general freaked-out-ness was rampant throughout the crowd.

Kuno gulped. "My mistake."

"And you were saying last night you probably could have defeated him with your pathetic little bokken, brother dear! Don't you feel foolish now! Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho!" Kodachi cackled.

Oba-ba nodded in understanding. "So this is what Kagome-chan meant. I see now. This boy has a strong aura and he definitely has demon in him. I had only heard tales of half-breeds such as he. Amazing…"

"Honto, Grandma? He like monster from fairy story old Chinese Amazon tell? Youkai?"

Happousai was sweating profusely. "S-S-So, he really is a d-dog demon? It wasn't just a weird name?"

Inu-Yasha grinned evilly. "Don't you dare touch Kagome again, jiji. If you know what's good for you."

Nabiki grinned. "Well I for one think this is great. He's a full-fledged weirdo and half demon to boot. I think the weeks you guys will be here will definitely be more entertaining than what we've been doing here lately."

Soun only blinked. "A hanyou? Kagome-chan is dating a hanyou???"

"Ha-ha-ha-half d-d-d-demon?! Ranma was picking a fight with a ha-ha-half d-d-demon y-y-y-yesterday?!" Ryoga stuttered incoherently.

"Whoa! Kagome!" Ukyo called out. "You sure are brave, honey, if you're dating a guy that's half demon! Impressive, I'll give you that!"

Mousse only gulped. "S-Saotome sure has s-s-some guts to go up against a guy who'd probably eat him!"

"Oi! I don't eat humans!! Youkai do that!! I'm not some stinking dumb youkai who'll eat human flesh! Insult me like that again, wire-face, and break in your head!!"

"Inu-Yasha! Mou!" Kagome said with a humph.

Genma looked at Kagome with an eyebrow lifted. "Does your mother know about this, child?"

Kagome nodded enthusiastically. "She thinks he's adorable!"

"Well, so do I." Kasumi stood up and walked to Inu-Yasha, reaching for his ears. He pulled back, eyeing Kasumi with narrowed eyes. Kagome jabbed him in the ribs and gave him her threatening look. He only grumbled at let Kasumi touch his ears.

"KAWAII!!!" she called as she petted him and scratched his ears. She took a step back and took a breath. "Gomen, but it was just too good to not do. All right everyone! Time for breakfast!"

"ITADAKIMASU!!!!"